View Full Version : Legends in Princeton?

sunflower_nuts
10-20-2007, 10:45 PM
If all goes according to plan (but honestly, when does anything really ever go according to plan?), my siggie other will be going to Legends in Princeton - well, he'll be put on the waiting list and most likely wait in jail until his name climbs to the top.

Does anyone know anything about Legends? I've heard things (mostly really good) about it, but I don't know anything specific.

I've also heard the wait time is usually miserably long :blah:

justvicki
10-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Are you referring to the juvenile facility in Princeton, the Sam Perdue Juvenile Detention Center?

sunflower_nuts
10-21-2007, 01:17 AM
No, but I know what you're talking about.

This is a drug rehabilitation center for men - I'm not even really sure where in Princeton it's located. I didn't know it existed until he was on the waiting list for it last year, but was sent to a short term rehab instead.

OK, I just Googled it (it's so rare that something in this area actually has a current Web page that I usually don't even think about it) and the address they've given is on Mercer Street. Hmm.

I've heard that it's really good, but that there's always a waiting list a mile long because people from all over the state get sent there. I've also been told that they have group sessions and whatnot that family and loved ones can attend with the person who's in the rehab. That would be great - not only could I see him, but I could get some therapy in myself, haha. I hope he a) gets put on the list, and b) gets in after a reasonable wait time.

This is his second relapse in three years (actually, his second relapse since deciding to leave drugs behind). The first was a miserable disaster - his PO put him in jail to await rehab - turned out to be over three months in jail and only 21 days in rehab (she thought it was a longer program, but, surprise! :mad:) This time, we're pushing for long term rehab and less time in jail - of course, it all depends on what the judge says. His arraignment is coming up, and then his actual court date will be, who knows, weeks after that. The wait is going to kill me.

Thanks Vicki:)

justvicki
10-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Oh, now I know. The program is part of Southern Highlands Community Mental Health Center in Princeton. Unfortunately, their website is currently down and I couldn't get any more info on it.

Bonnie
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I would really like to know more bout this too, for Norman. He's got two years before he sees the board, but I want to be prepared for it this time. I would love to get him into an inpatient hospital/treatment center!!!

Take care and God bless!
Bonnie

kjk2gether
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Bonnie there is also one in Beckley that is supposed to be fairly good too. I'm at work right now and can't remember the name of it but Keith does and he said before that it was probably the best rehab he had been to. It's long term and they progress their clients into the public. Supposedly even "guaranteed" to keep relapse from happening. Now I would love to get my hands on that guarantee!! Keith unfortunately did not finish the program (actually he escaped and hitch hiked home but that's been WAY before me) but he says now that he wishes he would have. Everybody, I need a prayer out there. This is the same situation I'm thinking I'm gonna have to face. There is nothing but drugs in this town (and I truly mean that) and they are calling Keith's name. Pray he'll have the strength to turn away. I don't know if I can keep him from it alone. I know what keeps me from it but it's not the same for him. He was raised in it. His momma got him high as a baby and he really doesn't know how to say no.

Sorry sunflower, I got off the line of this thread but it sings so much of my own situation. And I really don't want to go through him going back to prison.

Daveswife
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Princeton is all the way down near Bluefield. I pass through it going to McDowell County. Exit 9 off 77

sunflower_nuts
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Daveswife: Yep, I currently live in Bluefield but...well, unfortunately I'm moving back in with the 'rents until he gets out of jail, into Legends, and then out of Legends. (Well, that's the "plan" I was talking about, haha - that's what his PO is pushing for, but of course, it's all up to the judge and that won't be decided until next month.) So if he does get it *fingers crossed* I won't be as close as I would if I stayed here. :(

kjk2gether: You definitely have my prayers. Don't worry about getting off subject - hell, we'll go start a thread on it somewhere because it sounds like we're in a similar boat. B was raised by a father who thinks pot is OK and a step mother who used to have him sell her prescriptions for her when he was a teen/early 20s. While there was never anything as serious in his childhood/teenage years as what he's progressed to now, I know (he knows, too) that growing up like that didn't do him any good as far as drugs and his mentality regarding drugs goes. Anyway, he was supposed to be let off probation this past summer, but wasn't because he relapsed this time last year and after spending almost four months in jail was sent to a measly 21-day program. He did well for about six months, and now he's back in jail - it's the same ol' song and dance. We're waiting for a hearing, and his PO is pushing long term rehab (Legends) rather than prison. I'm pretty much going to be on pins and needles until mid-November when we find out yea or nay. I want him to have a shot at long term rehab so badly - I know who he is when he's not on drugs, and I want him to be able to be that man. He needs help, and I hope the judge sees that.

Bonnie: Being prepared is the best way to be, isn't it! I am so much more prepared and involved this time than I was the first time. I was so ignorant then - litterally. I had no idea what was going on, what to expect, etc. I am so anti-drug, and back then I was still in the inexperienced mentality of "If you want to quit you just quit - period." Right. Addiction is an illness, and people need help. This time, I know better how to help him, and how to help him help himself.

justvicki
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Kim,

I am so sorry to hear that Keith is having such a hard time. Somehow, someway he has to reach deep, down inside himself and find the strength that he needs to keep himself from re-offending and going back to prison. I know how hard it is to make that adjustment after release and how easy it is to slip back into old habits.

I know you know this, but as much as you love him, you cannot do it for him. He has to do this for himself.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Bonnie
10-23-2007, 12:30 AM
You all got my prayers!!!! I need some for N too. He's been to Morgantown twice last week for MRI's... Hope nothing serious with that head of his! I knew he had cobwebs in his belfrey, but I want him to be ok!!!

Take care all,
Bonnie

sunflower_nuts
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I know you know this, but as much as you love him, you cannot do it for him. He has to do this for himself.

Something I had to learn the hard way, and boy, it's a tough fact to accept. There were times when I just wanted to grab hold of him, beat him up, and lock him in the apartment for a while. Little good that would do, of course, and I know that now.

Now, I'm focused on getting him into a long term rehab (preferably Legends, and that seems to be the path we're all taking - me, him, his PO), going to the group sessions I'm allowed to go to (if it's Legends), and learning as much about addiction as I can.

farfromhome
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Everybody, I need a prayer out there. This is the same situation I'm thinking I'm gonna have to face. There is nothing but drugs in this town (and I truly mean that) and they are calling Keith's name. Pray he'll have the strength to turn away. I don't know if I can keep him from it alone.

I will absolutely keep you both in my prayers. I pray often for my own husband, who will be facing strong temptation in a drug-filled WV town as soon as he is released.

KennysBabyGirlW
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Kim - you're in my thoughts and prayers, as is Keith. I can only imagine how tough this is for him and you. Good Luck!

sunflower_nuts
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I will absolutely keep you both in my prayers. I pray often for my own husband, who will be facing strong temptation in a drug-filled WV town as soon as he is released.

farfromhome: I'm starting to wonder if there are any WV towns that aren't :( Aside from prayer, what are you doing to prepare yourself for his release - regarding both the environment he'll be released into and the challenges he'll face overall with addiction?

kjk2gether
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks everybody. I know that he has to figure it out himself but if I could club it into his head I would. I don't think he's done anything yet but there are signs of relapse in the future. If I could get him to find a job....but there I go again wanting to be the one to do it for him. Argh.

Anyway Miss Bonnie Keith said the name of that rehab is called Pinehaven Haven of Hope. He said that it was great and that they even let people parole there. I don't have any numbers but I think you can google around and look for rehabs in Beckley. Give the ones there a call and they have the number for it. (I'm pretty sure that's how I found it) Hope this helps not only Miss Bonnie but anyone else who needs it.

sunflower_nuts
10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
This Web page has some contact information for both Pinehaven and Haven of Hope. It lists them as homeless shelters, though that could have changed or it may just be one of the services they offer.

http://www.wcoc.com/MountainHeart%20Child%20Care%20Services%20Website/resources/raleighresources/raleighcommunityresources.htm

justvicki
10-25-2007, 12:21 AM
FMRS MHC Pinehaven/Safehaven Shelter, Mother/Learn
South Eisenhower Drive
Beckley WV 25801
304-256-7100

Substance Abuse Modified Residential Treatment/P.I Program for Adults. All Programs will provide treatment for individuals with co-occurring SA/MI diagnoses, as long as SA is the presenting treatment issue. Housing is provided by the Shelters; treatment is provided by FMRS. All programs will accept involuntary admissions

farfromhome
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
farfromhome: I'm starting to wonder if there are any WV towns that aren't :( Aside from prayer, what are you doing to prepare yourself for his release - regarding both the environment he'll be released into and the challenges he'll face overall with addiction?

Well, he is out now. There is absolutely nothing I can do about the environment he is in now. The only thing I do have is prayer so that has to be enough until he gets a transfer.

So far, he is doing fine up there and has not used. It has only been two days and I just hope he doesn't start to feel too cocky about his freedom. It helps that he has to call his PO every single day. That is a constant reminder that someone is watching him.

Once he gets down here, we are a Christian, alcohol and drug free home so he won't have any temptation at home. He also doesn't know anyone here so won't have any drug friends. I bought this property way out in the boondocks, with no neighbors and I hope that will help too. There is alot to do on our land to keep him busy and no distractions. He is a person who always has to be doing something.

I don't want him to go to NA meetings once he gets here. In the past, that has been a place he has met new drug friends.

In the end, even with all the support I can give him, it has to be his choice to use or not. I can't babysit him forever. It will break my heart if he goes back to drugs, but I will not be there for him if he does. As much as I love him, it will be over.

Bonnie
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you Kim, for the info. Norman said they are moving him to VIRGINIA soon because he has forgery and uttering charges there, and where they are moving him is just over the mountain from McDowell County... less than 45 minutes drive from Welch, so If i were to get the job, it would be a short ride, AND he could get in that program... I will google and find out.. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the info!