View Full Version : He's There!!!!!!!

mike's angel
10-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Okay, Mike is at Fremont. He called and they gave us 60 seconds free, but he tried to call back and didn't get through. I put money on his books through Jpay, but wondering if it's because my phone number isn't approved, but how did he call me collect??? Anyone, please give me all the information you can on Fremont....visitation, mail, phone time (how long and how much).....Pretty Please!!! I'm dying! I'm going to go and see him as soon as I can!!!!!

Tina Mosely
10-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I haven't been to freemont in about 10 years my ex-husband was there. I'm sure things have changed a lot. I think the visiting is in the morning not sure though. Good luck, I'm happy that he's in CO, I think it would probably be about a 3 1/2 hour drive for you though.

Vigilant
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM
The complimentary phone call is standard. I appreciate the time, though short, that is given for a quick call to let a loved one know that all is okay.

If your phone number was on the call list at North Fork, it would be on file. You would not have to do anything. Your visitations are approved too. If the phone number and visitation process has never been done, you will have to go through the paperwork and approval. It does not take long. I believe it is approximately 2 weeks.

The move to Fremont was very quick! So very glad for you and Mike, Sonia!

In speaking with my son a couple of nights ago, he has not heard anything more about removing Colorado inmates out of North Fork. Also, the legal grievances are still the same old "next week, "next week" senario. There is a solution for Beckham County's procrastination...

irshnrse
10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Sonia-
Is Fremont in the East Canon Complex? If so, they are very strict about what you wear to visitation. Let me know and I can give you some scoop. MD is in CSP in the East Canon Complex.

galgrif
10-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Yup, Fremont is in the East complex. Any questions you may have..both Scared and I are grads from there.

mike's angel
10-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Give me the scoop!!!! I am dying to go see him! How long will I have to wait? I'm already approved, I called and made sure they still had me on his visitation list. At Oklahoma we could hold hands, he kissed my forhead, nose, head occasionally.....it was pretty lax there, they weren't picky about the clothes either. Just no open toes...I wore solid colors. What days can I visit and what hours? Is it true it's first come first serve? Will I be driving 3 hours and have to come back home because I didn't get there soon enough? The lady said I have to be there at 8:30 and then 11:30??? What does that mean??? I know I can look on the website, but I want first hand experience becuase I was told all kinds of B.S. from an employee for the visitation in Oklahoma and they weren't any where near what she told me. Please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

galgrif
10-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Give me the scoop!!!! I am dying to go see him! How long will I have to wait? I'm already approved, I called and made sure they still had me on his visitation list. No wait, if you are approved...get down there! At Oklahoma we could hold hands, he kissed my forhead, nose, head occasionally.....it was pretty lax there, they weren't picky about the clothes either. Just no open toes...I wore solid colors. Dont wear white. Nothing tight, keep your collar within 2 fingers of the base of your throat. Make sure your bra is not visibale (hence, the white) take a change of clothes with you just in case. You can change in the ladies room. What days can I visit and what hours? Friday, Sat and Sun. But you cannot visit two days ina row. You can go on Fri and Sun though. All day...8:30 to 4:30 on Sat and Sun. Is it true it's first come first serve? Yes. Everyone lines up and then they bus you in. fremont is the very last facility in. You get a tour on the way. Will I be driving 3 hours and have to come back home because I didn't get there soon enough? Not likely, we were never turned away. But you need to be there at 8:30. The lady said I have to be there at 8:30 and then 11:30??? 11:30 is for the afternoon visit. If you get there at 8:30 you can stay all day. if you go at 11:30 it is until 4:30. What does that mean??? I know I can look on the website, but I want first hand experience becuase I was told all kinds of B.S. from an employee for the visitation in Oklahoma and they weren't any where near what she told me. Please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1st time we went I was very nervous. But, it really isnt too bad. I was turned back to change my blouse once...I wore white and my bra was visible. The visits are pretty relaxed, but the inmate must sit facing the tower and they are not allowed to get up until they call the rest room break for them. This they do twice, once in the am and once in the Pm. You get a canteen card (like a credit card) the 1st time you go, just put money on it each time you go down. It holds $50 maximum. The machine is near the entrance on your left. Do not take anything in with you other than your ID, canteen card, and visiting form. I always filled those out on the way down. Leave everything else in your car.

What else?

irshnrse
10-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Your shirt cannot be more than 2 inches from the notch in your neck and they are picky about how tight your jeans are. I don't wear tight clothes, but my booty is thick and that seems to draw attention sometimes. But the visitation officers where you are processed are nice people. No jewelry AT ALL except a wedding band. No gum or candy in your mouth, no piercings. No green, gray, orange, or camo and like galgrif said, be careful when wearing white. I take a couple outfits and leave them in the car, just in case. If you bring in car keys they will check them for you, but it is easier if you just bring in your "clicker" so you can get in the car after your visit. Like galgrif, I always fill out the forms before I get there.
After you go through the metal detector and are patted down and asked a couple questions by a female officer, you go sit in the line of chairs labeled Fremont and wait for them to tell you to come on. Be sure to listen what bus, they will let you know when they call that facility.

seansbabyluv
10-20-2007, 04:29 PM
You guys were lucky...the b**** visiting Sgt at AVCF wouldn't allow anyone to bring the visiting forms filled out...because it wasn't fair the other peeps who weren't smart enough to do it themselves...she wanted to make sure it was first come first serve! Thank god I don't have to do it anymore...:thumbsup:

galgrif
10-20-2007, 04:48 PM
They dont want you to do it Cindy, but they never gave me a hard time about it. I dont know why they would care one way or another, its not like there is enough room to stand at the counter and fill them out.

seansbabyluv
10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I dunno...I got some lame azz reason about "we don't know who actually filled it out"...like what are you retarded or smoking something? I never did it again, but that visiting Sgt got so many complaints from peeps that they finally moved her.:thumbsup:

irshnrse
10-20-2007, 06:58 PM
That is crazy. The first day I always get there early and fill it out then when I leave, I grab a couple more for the other days.

mike's angel
10-21-2007, 01:28 PM
What forms are you talking about??? Mike sent me a letter saying I was on his visiting list still and it was all okay, but his parents had to resubmit theirs. Well, I called the visiting center this mornign to ask where to send the forms and asked about me, she said that since he was moved from a different facility I needed to submit mine again. Now I'm freaking out because I have a montana ID and a colorado address, so I'm going Monday morning to get my Colorado ID. I don't understand if we are already on thevisiting list why we have to submit them again and it takes 2 to 3 weeks.....I haven't talked to him in 10 days and I'm losing it. Is there another way to put money on the phones? In Oklahoma, I called an 800 # and put money on, well here it's only Jpay or Western Union and HE has to put phone time on his canteen, correct????? I wanted to go adn visit him next weekend but apparently I have to wait now. Is it true it's first come first serve?? Does that cause fights amongst those women wanting to see their man? Am I going to travel 3 hours and not get to see him????? Please help me out here!

irshnrse
10-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Sonia-
You are going to make yourself sick sweetie. You will get the hang of everything but when it comes to prisons, nothing is quick and when we want it. You have to fill out forms again because that is what they want. You know? It does take up to 2 weeks usually to process and get approved. You will need to call 2 weeks after they receive them and check.
As for the phone stuff, Value Added Communications handles the calls. The best bet is to let him purchase the phone time from commissary. It is so much cheaper that way. Depending on when his store day is, you purchase it one week and get it the next week. Just keep writing letters, that is quicker right now.
Your physical address and ID address have to match. So definitely go get a Colorado ID on Monday. You will have to send in a copy of that ID with the visitation application that you can print off the Colorado DOC website.
The forms we are talking about you fill out when you get to the visitation center. I have never seen any cat fights but then again, not many people visit the facility I go to. But I am in the same visitation center as everyone else and haven't ever seen them say "no more visitors" for ANY facility on the East Canon Complex.
Just keep breathing and do what you gotta do. Once all this is in place, you will visit. Look at the bright side, he is in Colorado.

galgrif
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Sonia-
You are going to make yourself sick sweetie. you will visit.

She is right Sonia! Chill out Lady! LOL!

Fremont---turn in your canteen sheets Sunday by 6---have your phone time on Wednesday, get your other stuff on Friday. If he has money, he can get phone time. Next, I said this earlier and you must have missed it---you will not be turned away unless you are either NOT approved to visit or your clothes are unacceptable. The other visitors are courteous folks, no one is going to drag you out by your hair. OK? This ain't California honey, you will get to visit!

PS---if his parents phone is already on his list...the number is approved, can he call collect?

I know this is even more difficult for you right now because you dont have unlimited internet access so that you can be here to talk and so your spending all you're time worrying...you gotta stop this, really, you are going to make yourself sick. It will be OK.

mike's angel
10-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Thank you...I know, I need to CALM DOWN!!! I just went and got my colorado ID, so I much happier now! I haven't talked to Mikey in 11 days! I'm going BONKERS!!! He's got money on his books, but how often can he do commisionary? Is it only once a week? You'd think he'd be asking around! AGGHHHHHHHH Oh never mind, I just read what galgrif said, so it looks like I'll get to talk to him this Wednesday??? I hope so, I miss him so much! NO, he can't call collect thanks to his younger brother, his dad put a block on the phone....thank you guys for your support, I really appreciate it. Without you guys, I'd be in a nut house!!! Now if I can just get the internet at home, I'll be SO MUCH HAPPIER!!!!! Thanks again girls, I needed all this good information!!!

seansbabyluv
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
They do tell them all the necessary things they need to know. He only made a short call to you because he was probably still in a holding cell until they could get him assigned to his unit. His inmate bank account should have followed him from NCFC although sometimes it takes awhile. They knew they were transferring him before he did so they usually have it done at the same time.

It sucks to wait, but there's not much else you can do. I am surprised that your visits weren't approved right away, that's pretty strange. Even the change in ID and address could have been done at the facility at your next visit. I moved 3 times and just had to update my addy at the next visit...oh well every facility does things differently...:rolleyes:

irshnrse
10-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Sonia--
They get commissary once a week. You'll get the hang of everything. He should be able to answer all your questions as well. Just keep posting and we'll keep being here.

mike's angel
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Well, that's odd Cindy...Mike told me that I was okay on his visiting list but his parents needed to resubmit theirs, the visiting center told me to send in all new apps.....I went and got my CO id, just to be on the safe side! So you think my visits should be okay? I wonder how soon before I can go see him. His mom and I are going nuts, we want to go and visit him! He went from being 1,086 miles away from me to only 172 miles away! Thank you irshnrse! I only wish you guys were still at the tip of my fingers when ever I needed you! Some day soon I'll get the internet at home! I'm going to an interview today at United Agri Products for a Payroll position! Wish me luck! I hope it pays better then the temp job I just had! Mike is expensive! LOL

irshnrse
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Good luck on the interview Sonia!! It can take up to 2 weeks to process the applications, but call visitation after a week or so and check. You never know and it's definitely worth a try!!

mike's angel
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
The interview went well, they said if I'm hired immediately I get on their health, vision, and dental insurance, but pay about 20-30%, after 90 days I get 6 sick days and 1 day a month vacation. They want me to take Payroll classes, if I'm hired. I asked if I was hired through the employment agency if I had to wait 90 days through the agency and then another 90 days through them and she told me they would hire me directly! So keep your fingers crossed! The same company also wants to interview me for the Accounts Payable position....so I'm anxiously waiting! Mike is in the hole, before he left Oklahoma he got into a fight with his celly. He had been complaining about him for a while, that he's lazy and Mike is a clean freak....so Mike asked him one day to wipe the toilet seat off after he used it, the guy ignored him and said something to him in spanish and Mike punched him, so he got 20 days. He spent 5 already in Oklahoma, and now is finishing out his 15 days. I asked him what he said in spanish and he said, "I don't know but it pissed me off". The funny thing is, Mike is mexican! I thought that was funny! His dad speaks fluent spanish but his mom speaks only in English...its just funny he doesn't understand the language but has been around it all his life. So by the time my visitation form gets approved, Mike should be out of the hole. It's been 13 days without talking to him except for the 40 second call, I'm not used to this! We've got each other spoiled on this phone stuff....I doubt we will talk as often on the phone because I plan on going to see him once a week!! And I can't WAIT!!!!! I'll keep you informed on my job situation! I hope to get one soon that pays well so I can go see my baby!

irshnrse
10-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry he is in the hole! Good luck on the job, sounds great Sonia.

scaredinlove
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry I havent posted in a while.
Wow I cant wait for u to go see him.
My husband did all his time in Fremont. So any questions just ask?
The visiting room is divided off in 4 section.
The have the couple section, which is near the vending machines.
The have the section if u have 4 or more in your party.
The have the parents section, with dad, mom and inmate. Or girlfriend
And the have the children section, which have a little televison for the kids to watch.
You are there before they come in but u can see them though the door they come out of they are so cute looking out the window waving.
You go to the visiting center first and the process u. U want in the fremont line usually the longest but its label. And u go down on the bus its the last facility so u will pass others before u get there.
You get off the bus and go through a metal detector where a CO stamp u hand and then they put u in a little are where they crowd u like cows just my thought, and they close one metal door and open the other metal door. U than follow the line while or try to get though the door so woman are pushy I just always waited. U then go to the CO window and the assign u seat to u, You then can go to the vending machines and get food and drink for them, u can go up to the vending machine all day long but the good food runs out fast.
They get 2 bathroom breaks one in the morning one in the afternoon. U can go all day long the bathroom is in the same room u dont leave the room until u are ready to leave, the have to click u in and u just push open the door. FYI they can only do number 1 if the have to do number 2 u have to end your visit, husband always made sure he didnt eat the night before, or went to the bathroom before he came down.
You can wait at your table or walk to meet him when he comes though the door. You can get a kiss and a hug, they usually dont time it but dont make it too long. Just watch the other woman that is what I did. LOL
And you can get a hug and kiss when they leave. They stay at the table when u leave thats the hardest because u can see them all the way until u leave the room to get onto the bus. That was the hardest part for me.
You can hold hands, and touch his face once in awhile, but hands have to be above the table at all times. They have paper and pencil there for u to play games with they also have cards and broad games u can play.
I know I going on too much any questions just pm. Need to be quiet now going to sit in my corner.

mike's angel
10-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Thank you scaredinlove!! I'm glad to hear I can touch his face once in a while! That makes my day!!! I am craving my Mikey's touch! No number 2?? Why??? Just curious! Sorry! Mike's mom is deaf, will they give me lots of paper to write on? That is how I communicate with her until 'we' learn sign language! We are getting a video tape to learn. I am going crazy, I need to see him. I don't know, but it was going to be December before I got to see him again if he were still in Oklahoma, but just knowing he's only 172 miles away is making me nuts! I was told by visiting that it takes the inmates 1 to 2 weeks to get their letters I mail. Is that true??? I can't believe that. I've sent him like 10 letters and his last letter he said he missed my letters, the letter he sent he just wrote on 10/22....why is he not getting my mail??? I also sent him 5 Jpay letters.....do they hold them? I only have 18 minutes left on internet time here at the library....I will go to the other one later and see if you respond, I'm very curious for these answers. I appreciate all your help! You can text me on my cell phone also, I have unlimited texting.....I'll IM you with my number! Thank you!!!

seansbabyluv
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Sonia...they could be witholding his mail because he's in the hole. They're not supposed to, but they do it anyway. Same for phone calls. You lost most if not all of your privileges when you're in Ad Seg. It's lockdown and punishment.

As for the #2, a lot of drugs are smuggled into prison through the visiting room and body cavities. They're not allowed to go #2 at a visit, if they have to, then the visit is terminated. It's to keep drugs from being smuggled in and hidden in a body cavitity. That's why they're are strip searched before they're returned to their cells after a visit. All of the facilities are like that.

ChicosgrrlinCO
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
. . .Mike is in the hole, before he left Oklahoma he got into a fight with his celly. He had been complaining about him for a while, that he's lazy and Mike is a clean freak....so Mike asked him one day to wipe the toilet seat off after he used it, the guy ignored him and said something to him in spanish and Mike punched him, so he got 20 days. He spent 5 already in Oklahoma, and now is finishing out his 15 days. I asked him what he said in spanish and he said, "I don't know but it pissed me off". The funny thing is, Mike is mexican! I thought that was funny! His dad speaks fluent spanish but his mom speaks only in English...its just funny he doesn't understand the language but has been around it all his life. . . .I'll keep you informed on my job situation! I hope to get one soon that pays well so I can go see my baby!

Hi Sonia!
That's SO FUNNY because I know people that are all or part Mexican, been around lots of Spanish and don't speak a word of it - in fact, I probably speak more Spanish than they do (lol). Best of luck to ya on your new job. Congrats!:thumbsup:

mike's angel
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Cindy, that is crazy! (#2), wow, you can tell I'm new to all of this! When he was in Oklahoma, he could call me every day and got all his mail! Bummer.....I guess after this punishment he'll pull his head out and won't get into any fights if he wants to talk to me and get my mail, right??? He wanted to be back home and he is....different than Oklahomo!

Chicosgirl....yes, that is funny! I'm learning more and more spanish living with Mike's parents, I find it odd that him and his 2 brothers don't know that much spanish but their dad speaks to his mom and siblings in spanish......Crazy!!

ChicosgrrlinCO
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe Chico will learn some Spanish other than the naughty stuff while in jail (lol). I studied the lauguage for a few years and get to practice it living where I life. Boy it sure came in handy when I was in Playa del Carmen & Cozumel, MX last March.

scaredinlove
10-26-2007, 06:45 PM
The papers are right at the CO box so you can take as much as you want. I guess Cindy answer that question about number 2. LOL.
I am not sure why he isnt getting his mail. I know everything will work out for the best. Thanksgiving isnt that far away, maybe u can visit him sooner than you think..Keep us posted.

irshnrse
10-26-2007, 10:29 PM
My husband receives my letter in 2-3 days and vice versa. He is in CO and I am in OK.
They are probably holding his mail.

Tina Mosely
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Ditto chicos I'm hispanic and I do not speak spanish, my relatives the women did not want us to learn because then we would know everything they were talking about (LOL). I only know the basics and of course the bad words.

Tina Mosely
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm very happy for you Sonia, and good luck with the job, hope you get it. :)