View Full Version : Everglades or SFRC or both?? What's going on!?

Techno1
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I got a call that my bf has been transfered to the Everglades facility from Apalachee today.

Is it normal for them to be transfered that far from home? Apalachee was closer to his home town than Everglades is.

I know the web site takes forever :rolleyes: to update ... but during the week I was checking it for his gain time update and it said he was in Columbia annex and today it says SFRC.

So honestly I don't know where he is!! :(

Any information on Everglades or SFRC would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:.

Thanks!

ben's girl
10-20-2007, 12:37 PM
From what I've seen their "home" doesn't come into consideration on where they are transferred.

Florida Girl
10-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Ben's Girl is right. Bed space availability is priority number one in the FDOC. My boyfriend was sent 10hrs away. Who knew Florida was that big. But yep...it is. He was sent to the second furthest facility in the state. :(

Columbia Annex is often used as an overnight stopping point during inmate transfers...so that's probably why that happened, and to temporarily stop over at the reception center before being sent to 'permanent camp' isn't that unusual either. If your guy is going to Everglades...then it'll probably happen early this week. Sorry for the grielf, though. I understand how stressful the situation is.

Techno1
11-07-2007, 05:02 AM
Thanks ladies!

I did catch up to him finally, it was a mix of him being moved and GTL taking over MCI that messed us up :p.

He said he forgot :shrug:that years ago when he was first placed he was asked where he'd like to be transfered if they could and he had requested a faith based camp .... and so when a spot opened at Everglades he was moved there. :rolleyes:

Anyway ... Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Anjewel
11-07-2007, 06:12 AM
When the DC number is punched into the computer for transfer, the computer considers your psych grade and custody level, then any 'special reviews'.

'Special Reviews' are other prisoners the DOC (sometimes the judge) has seen fit to make sure you don't land in the same camp with that person ever again for one reason or the other, whether they think you or the other person is a threat to the other or the two together may be a threat to the institution.

I have never seen an actual 'good time' transfer happen. It's always the last choice even if they get one of the choices. I have seen them roll over on someone and get transferred at least closer to home, though. But, I have never, ever seen anyone get one of the choices they made on going in...not saying it never happens as I don't know about every single case. If it happens it sure is hush, hush though.

In the twenty one years Marty has been locked up, he's been 'close to home' about 3 years if we count it all together. I consider 'close to home' anything within three hours.

If I run like hell, don't stop for anything BUT gas and bathroom (pee while the gas is pumping) and there's no traffic congestion or wrecks, it takes a solid seven hours to get to him now...and, I live in Central Florida. The only thing in my favor is the time zone change. I gain an hour once crossing it, so I only have to leave the house by 2am now. But, I lose it coming home...:banghead: