View Full Version : He's questioning my faithfulness while in prison - Has this happened to you?

kjk2gether
10-06-2007, 05:12 PM
We got in an argument (nothing unusual really we are like fire and ice i swear) about if i was faithful while he was gone. I have no way of proving that i was (and really shouldn't have to) but I don't want to hear it either. Any advice?

justvicki
10-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh man, sounds like K is having a hard time adjusting to being home, even though its where he wants to be. I was the same way, Kim, and struck out at those closest to me. Of course you shouldn't have to prove that you were faithful, and I agree, tell him the subject is closed.

After six months of being on parole and having such a hard time coping I asked my parole office to referring me for counseling and she did. It helped me. Do you think he would be open to that? I know that K's PO doesn't seem to care, but perhaps there is a community health center in your area where he could go. I went twice a month for six months and then once a month for the next six and I definitely benefited from it.

It is so hard to explain what it's like trying to adjust after you've been released. It's easier for some than others, and it can be really difficult for those struggling with addictions of any kind.

Good luck to you both!

kjk2gether
10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks so much Miss Vicki. Yep we are definitely having a hard time. And not just him but me too. I'm gonna suggest counseling to him. We are defintely not getting married till things settle some. And I think that the entire family could really use it. Jacob's grades have crashed since Keith's been home and I realized that I don't like being told what to do (god that's aggravating) and Keith has no clue what he's doing. We are pretty much a mishmash of a mess. I love him. Can't stand to be without him. But something has to give. Hopefully it will help.

Daveswife
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
My husband asks almost every conversation...dispite the fact that I don't go ANYWHERE except work and he knows it. Just have to stick to your guns.

KennysBabyGirlW
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Kenny's the same way. Makes me want to smack him in the head for being an idiot, but I guess if the situation were reversed, I'd feel the same way. I usually laugh at him and tell him if he had any idea how boring my life really was, he would feel sorry for me instead of being jealous. lol

justvicki
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Maybe its because I've been where he is now, but if D asked me if I was being faithful every time we were on the phone, I think I would stop answering it for a while an really give him something to think about!! He's never asked me, and I never asked him. The fact that he was there when I came home and that I'll be there when he's released says it all. :)

Bonnie
10-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I agree with Vicki. Norman used to do stuff like that to me, and we'd get into arguments and I wouldn't answer the phone for a couple weeks, and when I finally did, that jailbird sang a different tune! What it is is insecurity, but in keith's case, he should know better than to even think it. I knew Norman was cheating on me, and I grabbed the phone book once during an argument when he was accuring me of screwing around on him, and he said what are you doing??? And I said, "Im findiang a polygraph professional. We are havinga lie detector test done, let's see who is actually telling the truth here Norman!" HE SHUT UP!!!!!! Try it...