View Full Version : Gulf C.I. Concern

Valerierain
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
My son was moved to Columbia CI Annex from the "Reception Center," and we were thrilled. It was only 1-1/2 hours from my daughter. But then the next day he was put in the van again with everyone else and taken to Gulf CI Annex (he now says he is supposed to be moved to the main). This is 4 hours away from my daughter and 11 hours from me. He had asked for a substance abuse program and told that was good because the State of FL wanted him to participate in that anyway. Of course there isn't anything like that in Wewahitchka. The officers told "them" that if they were there, they had all done something to really get someone angry. Does this make sense? Is this considered a "punishment camp"? Some of you have been visiting there quite awhile, and I would rather have your feedback. I'm hoping it was just some kind of fun joke.

Thanks,
Valerie

hissunshine
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Valerie: I have on;y visited once,but my fiance is there and he said it isn't to bad. Yeah I heard alot of things about it but my baby goes to school everyday and keeps to himself. I ask him every time I talk to him how things are going and he tells me One day at a time thats all he can do. He hasn't had any major problems but I don't know. Just keep praying and everything should be okay. I know my visit went well and I hope to see him again soon. I understand about the distance because its four hours away from me also and its very hard for me to see him like I want to because I don't have transportation. Just find out his correctional officer and try to get as much info as possible. I'll you you and your son in my prayers.

Valerierain
09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks, Hissunshine...(sorry, don't know your name).

Where/how does he go to school? I don't see any Vocational Programs listed, though I must say I have been wondering what the Distance Learning is.

Thanks for responding, and I wish both of you the very best.

Valerie

shelby66
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
valerie, my son was in gulf and its not to bad now he is in the forestry camp which is down the road and thats not bad either it has only about 200 inmates but your son will be fine mine is only 20 and is making out alright you just have to keep to yourself. just keep in touch and keep contact with him shelley

Valerierain
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Well,thanks, Shelley. I can only let my son call very occasionally because I just can't afford it; I'm in Virginia. I look at the internet every day since as of Saturday he thought they were intending to move him in this week and it still says the Annex; I wish I knew at least if he had gotten any mail yet AND where I should be sending it. I appreciate your answering, and I'm glad you son is doing pretty well at the forestry camp.

Valerie

shelby66
10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
If you can't take the calls write as much as possible and send pictures I know my son tells me keep writing and he loves getting pictures so just do what you can anything helps. shelley