View Full Version : Hampden County Jail (Ludlow)

TragiksSanity
10-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi, My name is Rhileigh and My Fiancee' Scott left on
October 9th 2003 for a Mando time of 2 years at Ludlow (HCJHOC)...Does anyone have any info such as what I can send etc...Also anything about the prison would be helpful.
Oh Heck... jus anything about Ludlow at all would be great!!!Pleezzeeee bear wit me if I'm not tha greatest poster yet as this is only my 2nd post ever :) (I get a little intimidated ta post but am going ta try ta get past that)
Pleezzeee feel free to PM me anytime as I could use all tha friends and support I can get... Pleezzee know I always have room ta make a another new friend...Thank You for taking tha time ta read this...Hugsssssssssssssssss

RhiLeigh
~TragiksSanity~

Ms.Heather
10-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Hi Rhileigh!

Welcome to PTO first of all. Don't be too intimatded... Everyone here is friendly and very welcoming :) Give it some time and you will be comfy here :)
Secondly, HCJHOC is a county jail so there is no policies listed SPECIFIC to the facility. But I am sure that most of te policies are the same for all Mass Prisons.

http://www.state.ma.us/doc/policy_list.htm

good luck!!!

:fb:

Slainte
10-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Welcome to PTO!

My guy is at a different county facility, but the rules are probably about the same. You can send letters. Books and magazine have to come from the publisher. You can order online and have them sent, like from the Barnes and Noble or Amazon websites. Paperback only. Don't stick anything in with your letter unless it's paper. No stamps, etc.

You may want to try calling the facility directly and asking for the mail room and get your questions answered there. I've found the staff at my guy's facility to be helpful.

Don't be intimidated here... As Heather said, the people here are friendly and welcoming. We're all in the same boat one way or another! It's great to have people to lean on who understand exactly what you're going through! :)

darkbluegirl
10-19-2003, 12:11 PM
As prisons go it's not bad. I don't know the current rules because it's been awhile and things change so fast. But in general, I would say, if you got to do time, it's not the worst place by far. I know many people who've been through there. I'm a vet of the State woman's pen in Mass myself, but old days, before the new facility was built. Your lickier than you know, my man got 20 years mandatory, he's in the fed pen. Eight more left...

shiva65
10-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Welcome.. to pto.. you will find most of your answers here and friendship .. like jessp said ..call the mailroom , at the hampdon county jail.. they will let you know..i know nothing of that particular jail (surprise) :)

Good luck..

Donna

neoncar
05-27-2004, 09:17 PM
anyone else got a man there? and what about the prerealease program there anyone? oh good time how does it accumilate there?

dotbabejules
06-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi, Rhileigh:
I have been visiting to Ludlow-HDHOC. So, if you want to email me directly with questions, I'll try to answer them. I live in Massachusetts too. I know you can send letters, but I think that's all. Stuff needs to be bought from the commissary--personal items and snacks. It contains mostly Spanish prisoners.
Keep your chin up.

tammy21175
06-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Hello there,

My b/f left Ludlow in March, and headed to Concord to serve 5-7 years. I live in Chicopee, so Ludlow was much closer. But Concord is contact visits, Ludlow is not. I know that you can mail pictures, up to a certain size, NO stamps. I dont know about magazines or that. They do have a pre-release which is contact visits, once they get over there, and on weekends you can bring in meals.

Feel free to email me anytime!! Good Luck!!

BabysGirl1
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I'm new to this site and i'm tryingt o find my boyfriend and what jail he might be in. I see that you really can't search online or i'm not going to the right places. If someone knows where i can go please let me know.

seantd
11-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Hey, I just left Ludlow... if you need any info feel free to contact me. 2 yrs is a B in any county but lulow is cush compared to most... depending on situation I can give some advice. Contact me anytime and hang in there!:thumbsup:

notgivingup25
10-28-2011, 05:14 PM
My BF just went to ludlow however I can't recieve collect calls :( Is there a program so that I an get calls from my bf while he is locked up.
Thanks

ReinaDeCarlos
02-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I know there's the secrrus (sp?) service for collect calls to cell phones. You can send books and mags through B&N or Amazon. You can send pics and magazines. That's about it.