View Full Version : Visits taken away

miss.dior
09-23-2007, 05:52 PM
So my visits where reveocked with my boyfriend. Cause i hit on the ion scanner for opium. They said i needed to have 3 clean hits. I had four. Then my boyfriend got moved to min security. After going to see him 3 or 4 times. They brought me down to the main jail and ion scanned 4 different articles of clothing and id. My first two tests where negative then the next two came up postive for traces of opium, cocaine, thc and another drug. they have now revockted visits with me and my boyfriend for 4 months and after those four months i can reapply with a chance of being revocted from his visiting list. But since he was in minimum security they had no right to take me to the ion scanner. He has been revocted parole for a few reasons one of the large reasons would be the ion scanner incident. And isnt out until march. i was wondering if there is any way around me being able to go see him. If there is someone i can call to get my visits back. before these next few months are up. If anyone knows anything please let me know i feel desperate.

xoxoRubyRedxoxo
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Here is contact info for the John Howard Society in Alberta: 2nd floor, 10523 100 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 0A8
Tel: (780) 423-4878
Fax: (780) 425-0008

and

Calgary John Howard Society917-9 Avenue S.E.Calgary, AB
T2G 0S5
403 266-4566
Fax 265-2458

You should definately give them a call. You can also call regional headquarters and argue your case. If that doesn't help then I would strongly suggest getting a lawyer involved. Definately call the John Howard Society though first, they should be able to steer you in the right direction. Good luck!

User9999
09-29-2007, 05:29 PM
they can still ion scan you in minimum security prisons...check online and see if you can find the visiting rules and regulations for his prison...once you are on their property they can basically do anything...or you can refuse and leave...not great options i know...