View Full Version : 12:01 a.m. pick up on release day?

msmel
09-20-2007, 12:27 AM
So my hubby is coming home next week :D - it was a short time but still sucked hard core. Does anyone out there know what time OC Jail - specifically James A. Musick facility does it releases. My dear hubby keeps telling me to be there at midnight and I will be there 15 minutes before if he will truly be out at 12:01 a.m. I have to drag the kids out of bed since I can't find a sitter that night and I want to pick him up ASAP. I don't want to be sitting there for hours on end with the kids in the car. He's heard that if I show up there waiting for him that it will move along the process. Could that be true?

Should I just wait for him to call - will he get to call me when he's released? We're only like 20 minutes away so he won't have to wait long. Any help or info you can give me would be appreciated. I tried calling the information line and I just couldn't be on hold any longer. Help! He wants to know what to expect as well and wants me to get the info. as soon as possible so he has more chances to get a hold of me via phone and find out.

PRIME EVIL
09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I know at our facility that it would be anytime after 12 am (depending on how count goes, how long it takes for the inmate to roll up and be taken out of the system). Might want to ask someone to stay home with the kids so you can let them sleep.

aybaybay
09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
they open the gates at 12:00 and then u pull ur car up and after some time they let u drive somewhere else to pick him up. its done in an orderly fashion and you wait in your car the whole time. i think it took at least 1 hour maybe 2. u really should go pick him up.

msmel
09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the replies - Aybaybay - is your response specific to Musick just wondering since you talked about the gates and all. If it is specifically about Musick - Should I just wait an hour to go get him so I don't have to wait as long? I saw somewhere that they are allowed to call and schedule a ride - is that true? If that is true - maybe I'll just wait for the call and then get him since we are so close. Any responses from anyone would be greatly appreicated :thumbsup:

AllMine316
09-21-2007, 12:30 AM
I have known a few people who got released from Musick and each time was different. What you can do is call up there the day he his going to get released and they will give you a time frame of when he will be released. Alot the employees are pretty friendly (my experience) and will tell you what you need. However there release time is not a long process if you are there to pick him up and they know you are there....Good Luck and CONGRATS....:thumbsup: