View Full Version : Probation information needed

pristock230
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Cinderelly welcome to the MA forum!

First off he will be at Concord for 4-6 months unless he request to be permanent there, if he does he can stay there for up to 18 months. most inmates leave there as soon as they can. Word is that it is one of the worst camps. With him having such a short sentence it's a possibility he may go to a camp or a low level depending on his charges and if he has a prior prison record, you know what kind of prisoner he was.

Like Sunny stated it is pretty hard to earn good time while in state. Was he locked up in county before he was sentenced? If so usually they give you credit for time already in (time served). If it's 1-2 years he may also have the chance for parole. That in itself is a process, you don't find out the day you go in front of the board. It took my ex a few months to find out his decision.

All of us here in the MA forum are all very friendly and pretty quick with responses about the state system.

Good Luck and welcome!

Amanda

Cinderelly425
09-11-2007, 06:58 PM
He was held at Ash street in New bedford for 2 and a half weeks then bailed and was indicted I spoke to some one at ceder junction and they said he ll prolly stay in concord as its so crowded this is his frist offense never been in trouble before. I m trying to figure out if he serves the year then parole someone told me he would be out in 6 months I have no clue

pristock230
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Every time someone is sentenced they state to Cedar Junction. All state inmates go to Concord to get "classified" once they are moved depending on availability. Most inmates stay in Concord for 4-6 months some shorter some longer. It all depends on where they class him too. 7 out os 10 inmates never go to Walpole

walkintall
02-17-2008, 06:22 AM
means he has to do 1 year -awaiting trial credits for parole and/or two years to get released with no parole. there is also earned good time credit that can knock these dates down, up to 7.5 days a month by having a job, schooling or doing programs. problem is with such heavy overcrowding , most can't get into school or programs and very rarely get a job to earn good time as well. he will be in concord for a few months and most likely get sent to a minimum security facility. usualy the closest to his home town but that's largely dependent on bed space.

KMR12x2007
02-26-2008, 04:00 PM
My fiance was sentenced friday and monday he was transferred to mci-concord, any info on the visting and phone calls, i know it is different from where he was before. Are they contact visits, do i need to fill out paper work for myself and my daughter or can I just go up there on his visiting days, when will he be able to call, and any other aditional information I would need to know, someone please help me!!!!!!

shiva65
02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58368

try this one.. and hopefully you will hear from him soon to let you know ..!
welcome to PTO..