View Full Version : ARTICLE: Vince Greer dies in prison

Christy
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Entire Article (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/04E062B12F39D7358625735200687FF0?OpenDocument)

A man serving life in prison for killing his mother in St. Ann died in a St. Louis-area hospital Friday a day after being taken there Thursday from the state prison in Bonne Terre, officials said today.

**all I can say is at least they are investigating.

triggaswifey
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah it is very strange what happened. I know him. They say he went into the infirmary a few days before and then all the sudden he just died. I really hope that they do actually look into what happened and not just say they will.

Christy
09-11-2007, 08:08 AM
There had been rumors about a stabbing somewhere, but I never did find the info. Supposedly this stabbing occured around last Thursday or so. As I said....RUMOR!!!!!

bbwlisahar
09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I had heard the same rumor Christy but I heard it was a CO that was stabbed. Again, though, RUMOR.

Christy
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I heard it was at Potosi! See how the rumors get all jumbled?!?!

The lesson for today; NEVER believe a rumor coming out of the DOC!!!!

stacy2006
09-13-2007, 10:57 PM
my uncle is in bonne terre he ate dinner with vince the night he died. he said that he told several people he was going to committ suicide and that its not the first time hes done it.

Christy
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
From what I have heard, he was a fairly unstable kid. It's just a horrible situation about him all around and I feel just terrible for his dad. I personally dont believe he should have been in prison, but in the mental hospital. I remember when all that happened and thinking that something was just off about the whole trial and conviction. Just horrible.

stacy2006
09-14-2007, 05:07 PM
my uncle said the same thing. i meet vince a few times we went to school together. he didnt seem like someone who would do that it was very sad.

sag
09-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Really tragic --- for a kid to be in this nightmare from age 15 on --- I see his appeal was lost in 2005 -- he probably had no hope to hold onto.

I would hate to think he was continually being victimized in prison -- but shit happens with young kids... very very tragic.... I would imagine even his mother's heart would be breaking if she knew this was the outcome....

To me it really speaks to the problem with sentencing kids to life w/o parole. He had no life in there -- none. Missouri has literally nothing for violent offenders serving life -- they literally throw away the key.

How could a kid have found something to cling to --- it would have been a miracle. I am so sorry for him. I share a lot with my son, (who is now 20 and doing 15 years) -- but I won't share this.

Many days when my son and I talk --- alot of our topics end with "don't worry --- you will come home someday"... or "never forget -- there will be life after this..." I can not imagine what my son would hold onto if I could not say that.

sag
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Vince Greer was sentenced to life in a Missouri prison for killing his mom when he was barely 15 yrs old -- despite being diagnosed as schizophrenic by 2 psychiatiritst.

Vince was found dead in his cell in Missouri last week.

Vince's cousin posted this on a kansas city blog on Sept 13th:

"I am a cousin to Vince Greer, and as close and supportive as our family is, it's nice to see someone who didn't even know him with a true unbiased opinion. What we have been told is that Vince's hands were bound and he was lethally injected with drugs. His cell mate is being held in solitary for most likely another murder charge if the prison doesn't just sweep it under the rug. However the real issue is now how did the drugs and needle get in through confined prison doors? That's all being investigated now".

from donaldopato.blogspot.com

AS A MOTHER OF A SON IN A MISSOURI PRISON -- I AM ASKING YOU -- IF YOU HAVE A LOVED ONE IN PRISON -- PLEASE CALL GOV BLULNT AND DEMAND A WRITTEN EXPLANATION OF WHAT HAPPNED TO VINCE GREER --- IF HE DOESN'T KNOW -- ASK WHAT HE IS DOING TO FIGURE IT OUT AND WHEN??????!!
GOV MATT BLUNT'S OFFICE - 573-751-3222 or e-mail him this link: http://www.gov.mo.gov/constituentform.htm

Christy
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
This happens all too often in prison. This just happened to make headlines in St. Louis because of the crime and the circumstances.

I fear that the govenor will not do anything about it. I would suggest contacting the director of the DOC, Larry Crawford, and asking him the same questions. The attorney general would be a good place to go also.

It is very sad that this happened to Vince, but unfortunatly, it is not unique. It is also not surprising nor isolated.

prayingformyson
09-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I received a reply to the email I sent to the site listed above! The email stated that, as in any unexpected death in the DOC, Vince Greers, death is being investigated, BUT information wouldn't be released to the public based on... I can't remember which law/rule prevented it... I'm just happy to know that an internal investigation is being done, as that at least gives those of us with loved ones incarcerated a glimmer of hope...

jadedannah
09-21-2007, 01:38 AM
i got the same email, from lisa jones. i doubt blunt ever even saw the email....i wrote lisa jones back and cautioned her that erdcc has a long history of doing what they want, making things into what they want, and covering things up. we shall see.........

mz.thomas
09-21-2007, 02:16 AM
I also got the same email. I second what jadedannah says, ERDCC does what they want and they do have special "powers" it seems like sometimes. I pray for the family.

sag
09-22-2007, 06:45 PM
thank you everyone for taking action --
i will contact larry crawford too - -
but he is not up for re-election next year -- Blunt is. And me and my family vote.

Valerie
09-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I've emailed also!

jadedannah
09-26-2007, 12:55 AM
funny, i have not received a return email from lisa jones regarding my concerns about erdcc covering things up. i mentioned some very specific things that have happened to me personally, and.....nothing. makes you wonder........

prayingformyson
09-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Perhaps you should keep resending your message until you get a response!!

Christy
09-26-2007, 08:23 AM
funny, i have not received a return email from lisa jones regarding my concerns about erdcc covering things up. i mentioned some very specific things that have happened to me personally, and.....nothing. makes you wonder........

Usually when you send something like that, she will investigate it, get an answer and respond. I have had several things take a few weeks to get a response on. Did you send this to her personally or to the main constituent email? If it went to the main email, there are 2 other people that get that mail. It's possible she didn't even see it yet.

jadedannah
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
got a reply from my email, she is forwarding my concerns to a mr clements? we shall see......

please
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
my name is nicole this is such a long shot my boyfriend grew up with vince and has lost touch with vinces father i am reaching out trying to see if anyone has a clue and i thought prayfor my son might just be stan scott telle is who is searching for you