View Full Version : Mesa Verde CCF

Alwayzwaiting
09-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Does anyone have any information on Mesa Verde in Bakersfield? My boyfriend was just transferred there. I understand it's for low level inmates with sentences under 18 months...they also do alot of community projects as well...but any mailing information or general information would be nice:D

Alwayzwaiting
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Well since no one has any info...I have some numbers and mail rules if anyone needs it pm me!

09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
LOOKS LIKE WE'RE ON THE SAME BOAT. NO ONE SEEMS TO BE FROM DCCF. THAT'S NOT COOL. I'M FULL OF (?) GUESS WE HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT OURSELVES.

foxstar
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi everybody. Just an fyi, the facility has been on lockdown for over a week now; just in case you've expected- but hadn't received -a call from your loved one. Stay strong and keep the faith :o.

bnj112307
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
hello ladies. :o
i am new here to mesa verde ccf. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS PLACE IN MY LIFE! :confused: but i hope u guys can help me out a little bit. :thumbsup:
my little brother just got there today, this morning as a matter of fact. hes in a dorm, level 2. I HAVE NO IDEA what the address to write him, have no idea where its at!

can you guys please fill me in on this place???
visiting? how it works?
lockdowns?
money/care packages?

anything will help!!! thank you for reading! hope u are having a great day!:D

KCRgirl1031
02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Mesa Verde Community Correctional Facility (MVCCF)
425 Golden State Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Kern County
(661) 321-0016

there is the writing address and phone number...make sure to add his booking number and FULL name when writing!...

i havent heard of this place either until now but it is VERY close to where my boyfriend is now at shafter ccf up in kern county!...if you go ahead and call the prison they should be able to tell you about lockdowns and package info as well!!!

xoxo welcome to the community correctional facility forum!

KCRgirl1031
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
MESA VERDE COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL
FACILITY

Address:
425 Golden State Avenue
Bakersfeild CA 93301

Phone: 661-321-0026

Maurice Nadal
Facility Administrator

Stacy Mendenhall
Training Officer
smendenhall@cornellcompanies.com

Background

Cornell contracts with the California Department of Corrections to house 360 male offenders in a minimum-security community correctional facility.
The 54,000 sq.ft. facility includes eight dormitory units within the two story concrete steel structure.
Security measures include an outer-perimter 12-foot block wall with microwave sensors and razor wire, as well as inner-permiter 12-foot cyclone fencing with razor wire, electronic locking security doors, a closed-circuit monitoring/recording system, cameras and public address sytems.
The maximum offender stay is 18 months, and the average stay is six months.
Programs
The following programs and services help prepare offenders to return to their local communities and provide for their well being while at the facility.

Educational offerings include GED, Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as a Second Language (ESL) and computer training and lab.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) offer substance abuse and addiction counseling.
A voluntary pre-release program is designed to provide the tools necessary for the offenders’ transition from institutional life to the community over a 30-day period. Topics include: Framework for Breaking Barriers, Anger Management, Effective Parenting, Life Skills, Domestic Violence, Health Care, Financial Support / Money Management, Etiquette, and Job Search Skills such as resume writing and interviewing techniques.
Vocational training in carpentry, plumbing and welding is available.
Dining, laundry, medical services, recreation and hobby / craft opportunities are provided.
Local ministers provide culturally-relevant religious support. Faith-based programming for all denominations is offered.
Family visitation is permitted on weekends and state holidays.

Mesa Verde Community Correctional Facility is a Level 1 detention center that is privately owned and operated in the City of Bakersfield. It has been in operation since 1989 and is in contract with the State Department of Corrections.
There are currently 345 prisoners housed at the facility in eight dorms. Prisoners housed at Mesa Verde cannot have more than 18 months of custody time and the average stay is six to eight months. All the inmates have convictions for nonviolent crimes, usually drug offenses.
The “program” concept has worked well at Mesa Verde. This concept encompasses inmates participating in work details or improving their education.

Adult Basic Education classes are offered, as well as English as a second language.
Another side to Mesa Verde CCF is the faith based programs that are available to the inmates. The facility has 28 volunteers that endeavor to produce programs for every night of the week. Other correctional facilities have called upon CCF to help bolster the dwindling lists of volunteers.
Two hot meals are provided daily to the inmates. The facility has been forced to cut back on production of a hot lunch because some of the kitchen appliances were lost or misplaced during the closure in 2002. The facility is clean and its grounds are attractive.

Turnover of employees is very high due to opportunities for
higher pay at other correctional facilities. Consequently, the facility is constantly hiring and training new employees. A positive attitude was shown about this dilemma with personnel always leaving as the new correctional officers bring fresh ideas to the constant training process.

Service Capacity:
Custody Level:
Minimum security adult male offenders
Contracting Agency:
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Year Cornell Assumed Operations:

bnj112307
02-21-2009, 08:10 PM
...to mesa verde ccf??????
i have like 50 pics i want to send, but i know that cant happen. :]

does anyone know?

LILJANE
02-22-2009, 01:27 PM
mY maN Is AT dESERT viEW
HE CAN ONLY get 10 AT a time
so make theM wOrth hIs whIle

AMBERBABY
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
How do i find out if inmates are on lock down at mesa verde? My husband was supposed to call yesterday and i have not heard from him. I am worried.. How can i get any information? Please help.

kissesprincess2
06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
How do i find out if inmates are on lock down at mesa verde? My husband was supposed to call yesterday and i have not heard from him. I am worried.. How can i get any information? Please help.

Sometimes they just turn off the phones just because! I know, horrible! You can always call and ask the prison!

shylindasdad1
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
hello ladies. :o
i am new here to mesa verde ccf. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS PLACE IN MY LIFE! :confused: but i hope u guys can help me out a little bit. :thumbsup:
my little brother just got there today, this morning as a matter of fact. hes in a dorm, level 2. I HAVE NO IDEA what the address to write him, have no idea where its at!

can you guys please fill me in on this place???
visiting? how it works?
lockdowns?
money/care packages?

anything will help!!! thank you for reading! hope u are having a great day!:D
my name is tito and i paroled from that place in 07 its a ghetto any ways give me a call and ill run it down to you , dont trip this aint a pick up line im married but i do have all that info i was in unit a or dorm a and it helps your people when they get love from the outside (PTO Policies)

PTO-110524
12-12-2009, 09:57 AM
See this news story. (http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Private-Kern-County-prisons-to-close/hiCeoA8am02YYhegqSKg-A.cspx)

If appears CDCR plans to close this facility by the end of December, 2009.