View Full Version : NA and AA programs @ CSP-Solano

wtomatoo1030
08-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Can anyone knows what is the meaning of NA, AA programms in Solano prison? Thanks

William'sBaby
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Can anyone knows what is the meaning of NA, AA programms in Solano prison? Thanks

NA stands for Narcotics Anonymous, and AA stands for Alcoholics Anonymous. They are two programs designed to help inmates who may have been addicted to alcohol or drugs on the street. Even if they were not addicted, but were around these substances (or sold drugs), sometimes the facility makes the inmate take one of these programs to learn about the effects, to gain support, understand family members, get better, etc. Make sense? Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

William'sBaby:heart:

wtomatoo1030
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you!!!

eastsidestu
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I know that bringing meetings to the state prisons is very important. I'm sure that someone can give you helpful information at the number below.

916-454-1100 (AA Sacramento)

Addicted_one
08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
OR WWW.NA.ORG (http://www.NA.ORG) or Narcotics Anonymous information!

neddieboo
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
HAs anyone heard of AVP coming to Vacaville? It is an excellent program centered around "Alternatives to Violence" it's awesome. If you or your loved one wants to become better prepared for life outside these walls and see the world through different eyes, this is a program worth investigating. It is currently reaching great success in prisons such as Tehachapi and Lancaster and Vacaville was recently added. We need it to come over to Solano. Hopefully soon but take advantage of the opportunity. IF your loved ones have issues with violence and the Board is an important factor in their freedom, this appears to be an excellent accomplishment to include on their "resume". It truly will change a persons thinking if they allow it to. Ask questions about it...

Tricksie2645
09-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks neddieboo, that sounds like a program my son could use. I'll let him know about the possibility.

neddieboo
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
anything i can do to help someone else because this site has been an invaluable source of information for me. i hope your son benefits from the program. i think their site is AVP.org.

sjohn
09-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Has anyone heard of the SAP program.