View Full Version : September is Recovery Month!! What's going on in your area??

JJT
08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
I am sure there are thousands of links for information on Recovery Month! Here's one: http://www.recoverymonth.gov/2003/

I only have 10 minutes left at the library, but will work on getting a schedule posted of what is happening in my area!! We are having camp outs, BBQ's, golf tournements, art shows!! All kinds of events celebrating recovery!!

Take Care Everyone!

JJT

DaveMoff
08-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Cool. I don't know of anything special going on around here, but that may be because I haven't checked. Thanks for the heads-up!

opalznsilver
08-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Right on !

September is recovery month huh? That's good to know, I wasn't aware of that.

I have 10 months Sept. 5th. One day at a time. Holding my Lord's hand.

May we all support each other in September and every month.:thumbsup:

DaveMoff
08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey, if I recall correctly, October is National Head Lice Month. I've often wondered how you celebrate it. By wearing someone else's hat and sharing combs?

Thoughts are welcome and yes, I know this is off-topic.

LuvandLaughsCA
08-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Right on !

September is recovery month huh? That's good to know, I wasn't aware of that.

I have 10 months Sept. 5th. One day at a time. Holding my Lord's hand.

May we all support each other in September and every month.:thumbsup:

Congrats!!! :thumbsup:
I'll have 7 months on Sept. 8th.

Danie2716
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks, I needed a good laugh! (the head lice thing). I just want to say how awesome it is that there's a whole month to celebrate recovery. I absolutely admire each and every person's strength to overcome thier struggles. You all rock!!!!

JJT
09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I have an art piece in the show: What does recovery look like to you?

I am really not all that sure what it looks like to me. Been drug free for decades, but the co-dependency thingy is still very active in my head and heart!!

A good place to start looking for events might be your area AA or Al-Anon contacts.

Celebrate!!!

JJT