View Full Version : G1 or G2 - what does that mean?

thop1230
08-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Please tell me what these mean. My son was S3, i understand that number but these are new to me.

RobinsMan
08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
It is custody level. That is how restrictive is the security where they are housed. G2 is what almost everybody goes into TDC as. G1 is usually granted to trusty that lives in a camp outside the security fence. G3, G4 and G5 are custody levels for those with discipline problems and the futher up you go the worse it is for them. G4 is also known as medium custody and G5 is close custody. Robin has been in the close custody building and you don't want to live like those people do. How about chained to the plumbing in a shower the size of a coke machine for a couple of days? Anyway, Ad Seg is a custody level also which is even more restrictive as far as time out of their cell. Check out the Offender Orientation Handbook page 5 for descriptions. (Link below) Also, custody level has a direct impact on requency and types of visitation. Check out page 66 of the handbook for easy reading about that.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publications/cid/OffendOrientHbkNov04.pdf

thop1230
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks, good information.