View Full Version : DRDC mail/phones/jpay

heartdestroyed
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
My man was revoked 2 weeks ago. Since then I've sent half a dozen letters. The first one was returned just yesterday (I didnt know he was backlogged in the jail next door). I've only received one letter from him. Can I assume he's received the mail I've sent since he was put in DRDC? Whats your experience with mail through there? This is SO frustrating.

I also sent him money through jpay...how long does that take? How long would it take for him to get stamps? I even sent mail through there...anyone know what the time it takes for him to get that is?

Finally...I'm still confused about the phone system...I work in retail so my schedule is all over the place...when can they make calls? And they can only call out, right?

Help! Im so frustrated and lost and missing him so badly.

seansbabyluv
08-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome to PTO! You'll receive a lot of love and support here. First of all, check the inmate locator daily and you'll see when he gets transferred. Here's the link:

https://exdoc.state.co.us/inmate_locator/offender_search_splash.php

Be aware that it can take several days or weeks for him to get transferred due to lack of beds. On the bright side though, he's prolly on 180 day turnaround, so he'll be there for less than 6 months, unless of course he committed a new offense and got another sentence. Did they say how long they were revoking him for? 180 days is the max.

His phone list should be approved at DRDC if he puts it in and it should follow him. If you have a cell phone, he can try to put the number on it, but cell phones are a no no. However most of us use them without a problem. You can also forward your home phone to your cell phone.

His mail will also follow him, but it will take awhile. Call inmate banking and see if they received the jpay. Inmates can only order canteen on certain days depending on the facility, so even if he's gotten the payment, he can't order phone time yet and it takes a couple of days for it to be credited to his phone card.

Ask away if there's anything else you need.

irshnrse
08-06-2007, 08:18 PM
If you sign up at jpay after you see where he is by what Cindy told you, you will have a home page there...click on "my money" and then on "fees and timing" and it will tell you how long it takes to get on his books. But like Cindy said, it takes a bit for everything to get approved and rolling. I know they gave my husband one "indigent" envelope and stamp until the first $$ posted. That was at DRDC. Good luck.

dragonflie
09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Hie my name is Marisol and I'm new to this can they write to us when they are at DRDC I haven't heard from him for 10 days now what can I do?:mad:

seansbabyluv
09-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Are you sure he's still at DRDC? You can check the inmate locator on DOC's website. Any paper, envelopes, stamps that he had in jail are confiscated...they have to use the canteen through DOC to order stuff. They are usually given 2 envelopes, 2 sheets of paper and they can send 2 mailings NSF until they can get their canteen. Don't worry. There's a good reason for him not writing to you yet.

You can check the inmate locator here. It's usally up to date.

https://exdoc.state.co.us/inmate_locator/offender_search_splash.php

galgrif
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Hie my name is Marisol and I'm new to this can they write to us when they are at DRDC I haven't heard from him for 10 days now what can I do?:mad:

Just to make sure--you are talking about the Colorado DRDC, right? Just noticed you are from CA and didnt know if they might use the same acronyms.

dragonflie
09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey thank you for responding but yes I'm sure it says DRDC in Colorado and the last time he called me was on the 17th at 11:30pm and after that I checked the inmate locator and it said he was at jail back log and then I checked the next day and it said DRDC and today is the 29th and I haven't heard from him.I called his mom and she doesn't know nothing she is in Colorado tell me what can I do?I send him money with JPAY and also 5 JMAIL and nothing I'm so worry!!

justwaitin4now
09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
If he is still at DRDC then he has to have his phone list approved. This can take forever and even longer for him to get his pin number and stuff to be able to call the numbers that do get approved. My hubby was only at DRDC for 7 days, then got moved to another temporary holding place until he went to his prison. He was at the prison three weeks before he got his pin number and approved phone list. It takes them forever. That is probably why you haven't had a phone call from him. As for the mail, they only get one piece of paper and one envelope a week until they can purchase off the canteen list. I too had sent money thru jpay and letters he never got any of the information while he was there. He got moved too fast and finally everything caught up with him. Hopefully you will get a letter from him soon. I wouldn't count on a phone call for awhile, they aren't fast about getting any of that info to them.

dragonflie
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey can you believe hes still at DRDC and he hasn't call or write we are so worry.Its been 16 days now.

galgrif
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I am suprised that he is still there, I can only assume that it is because they dont have a bed for him. Have you written to him?

irshnrse
10-03-2007, 06:56 PM
My husband was there for 14 days. I did hear from him though. I received one letter that he told me later he had to ask for an "indigent" envelope because they took everything from him when he arrived there.

dragonflie
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes I send him 5 Jmails and nothing what can we do just wait.Do you know a number that I can call for information?Thanks

galgrif
10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
yes, this information is provided in this forum. Click my link. (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86593)

dragonflie
10-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Thank you so much!:)

armymom1506
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I only have a pre paid cell phone, i saw somewhere they could call them? can anyone help me
thanks

scaredinlove
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
He has to list that number on his phone list for you to accept calls from that number.

BeckyChowMein
11-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know what the rules and regulations for mailing are at DRDC?
Like how many pictures I can put in a letter? The guy that answered the phone there was very rude and unhelpful haha.
But right now I'm sending all of the pictures that he sent back to me from the other jail which is about 40 in all...some places are unlimited while others put a limit on 10...not sure about this place though.

seansbabyluv
11-23-2009, 11:36 PM
DRDC has a limit of 10. They are only there temporarily and don't want the inmates to have to lug a ton of stuff with them to their next destination. They also are limited on space on the buses.