View Full Version : How long before transfer???

tomssister
10-05-2003, 11:26 PM
My brother was sentenced to 15 years this past Friday. Judge is recommending FMC Butner. He is currently in a county jail. Any idea what happens next? How long will he have to wait before being transferred. While he's in transit, can he call us? Can we visit? Can we send him money, while he is in transit? The unknowing is driving us crazy!

peaceful
10-06-2003, 12:06 AM
hello there and welcome here to pto and to answer your question it all depends on when they have room for him my baby was sitting in county jail for about 3 months before they came to pick him up and you are still allowed to visit them at the county and he can call you and you can go down there and put money on thier books hopes this helps you out,

samiam158
10-06-2003, 06:53 AM
i might add if a bed becomes available around the holidays they may also wait until after...they hate to move people then ....or so my son says...
Is that butner in NC???

tomssister
10-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Yes, it is Butner FMC in NC. I know as long as he is in county we can visit, etc...what I meant to ask was when they (USM) take him to a transit center, will he be able to call from there, visits, and can we send money there? We don't want to send money to the county jail because they pull it for his medication and he ends up with nothing for commissary. Can't believe he was sitting in county for 3 months, although it would be nice to have him close, but the day to day wonder of "is today the day".....Thank you for replying, it really helps to have PTO and all the wonderful, supportive people here!