View Full Version : How Long does it take for a parole transfer

ldiaz909
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone,

well my hunny wasnt approved to parole to my house (diff. county), and we were trying to get things changed before he got out. but they said he didnt have enough time, so we left it alone. Once he is released and we go and see his PO and request a transfer, how long does it take for the transfer to be complete? In the meantime can he get some sort of pass to be at my house?? (at his moms house there are already 6 in a 2 bedroom) any help would be great.

cadustin
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
ldiaz... are you two married? If not, there isn't a good chance of him getting a transfer unless he can parole to an immediate family members house. Depending on how close you live to the parole office, he cannot go more than 50 miles away. If you live within that distance, it is not a parole violation for him to come "see" you. Being that it is another county though, they can deny his transfer. Unless you are married. Then, it depends on whether or not the accepting county can or will accept him.

ldiaz909
08-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks.. We are not married as of now, But We already have an appointment to get married the day he is released. So we will have proof of marriage prior to requesting the transfer. I live about 10-15Min to both parole offices (both counties)

kittenn0816
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM
My fiance has not put in a transfer...actually I am wondering if a "transfer is even in order. The address he has on his paperwork was his parents in a different county, he has a drivers license for there of course. However, since he has been inside...
-his home (his moms home) completely burning to the ground, she rebuilt, -his father had a stroke and became paralyzed,
-his mom has passed on and
-his father is in a nursing facility
-He left his son in his mom's custody because the childs bio mother was unfit...
Since then (I fought as hard as I could to keep him-the child) but lost guardianship to the mother (even with her testing positive for drugs) and going into jail herself for 4 months (just this year)
She (thank God) still allow me to see him jointly (in my county)

Having said that, he (my fiance) has a phone in his name (has been since before he went in) at my address, his cars are registered here and he has maintained a checking account with this address since before going in.

Does anyone think he will have to put in a transfer...even though he has establishment here? He also has letters from 2 prominant businesses with intent to hire upon release.

Let me know what everyone thinks OR need clarification.

I nam so ready for this to be over

kristinam79
08-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, my husbadn put in a transfer 6 months before his release and it wasnt done untilhe was out. THe agent from San fernando valley knew where we lived so he just came out to our place and saw my husband then drove the file to the long beach office. So it took 6 months, but that may only be because he was still in custody. You are taking a chance of waiting awhile if you wait until he gets out...

ldiaz909
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Yea, we have been trying since December 06, to his parole transferred but we kept getting the run around, now it is a little less than a month until he comes home and we still dont have answers. :(