View Full Version : my probation was revoked.

mrs_mcneer
07-23-2007, 07:27 AM
i just found out my PO has revoked my probation (i signed for 1 year probation for a DWI in montgomery county.) I got arrest again back in May right after i had signed for it. My PO said she wouldnt revoke it and to just keep doing my stuff and making my payments. Well i called to today to get some reports forms to mail her cuz she transfered the case to Harris county. She told me that it had been rrevoked for being arrested on a PCS charge. There is a warrant out for my arrest. Ive been doing soo good, staying sober and working my ass off. this is not fair. My question is if i were to leave Texas, would the warrrant follow me? Like if im in another state and the cops just run my name to check or i go to the DPS to get a license will they find the warrant and send me back to Texas???? I dont want to go back to jail. i wont. i promised my husband i would be out here waiting for him when he gets out, if im not here i dont know what will happen to him. :( :( :(

Kay
07-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I am so sorry for the trouble you are having. I feel certain the warrant will follow you where ever you go. If you are stopped in another state and the officer runs you it will show up. I don't know if Texas would extradite you back here or not but then you have the charge of absconding to go with the current charges. I would think the best thing to do is go and turn yourself in and get this behind you. They might just extend your probation since you have been doing so well. When does your husband get out? Is it possible you might have this behind you before he is released? I know you want to be there for him when he gets out but this is a chance for both of you to start over with a clean slate. Keep us posted on how things are going. Good Luck to you whatever you decide to do.

mrs_mcneer
07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
my husband is getting out on november 16, 2007. there is no way that i can get all this behind me by then, well maybe, if i went and turned myself in and then went to court and then signed for more probation...if they even offered it to me. but i know when i was in jail in harris county the girls that had violated and then got their probation revoked were almost all given 6 months in a rehab! and my original sentence was 180 days, so i dont know what im going to do. Im going to see what my hubby has to say about all this and then decide.

thanks for the support.

mrs_mcneer
07-23-2007, 10:11 AM
what about mexico? would they arrest me at the border if i have a warrant?

TommysGirl4156
07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
you know that they can just reinstate your probation, you need to talk to your probation and see if they will work with you on it. They are correct your warrent will follow you where ever you go, You are better off turning your self in and getting it all taken care of asap. and see if you can get it reinstated. best of lucK!!

amatxblonde
07-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Man thats dumbest thing to do is RUN ,, You will get caught sooner or later. You got yourself into this so do the right thing and take care of bussiness. You run you have to worry about the charge and having a warrent and running from the law that all carrys more time then what you have now . So do the right thing.. I know all this for a fact. DON"T BE STUPID ABOUT THIS. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF IT NOW

BrandNewGirl
07-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Running won't help. You will either A.)Get caught and get extradited back here to Texas (and I know of members here on PTO who's loved ones WERE extradited back) or B.) Leave Texas and never be able to set foot here unless you are looking over your shoulder constantly.

If I were you, I'd just go ahead and talk to the PO and see what can be resolved. It's better than living life on the run. Don't forget, if you run, you can also add absconding to things and possibly get more time added on for that.

Nance

duncanville1
07-24-2007, 01:46 AM
is the dwi charge felony or misd?

cowgirl1962
07-24-2007, 03:07 AM
I lived in Montgomery County for almost 20 years. If you run that will only make it worse once and if you are finally caught. I honestly believe that it is better to take care of it now that later. The consequences of running might be worse. Hire a good lawyer if you can. Good luck.

mrs_mcneer
07-24-2007, 05:07 AM
it was a mids. i know its dumb to run, but i dont think they will reinstate my probation. they might, but if they dont then i will be in jail when my husband gets out...and im really worried about that.

RobinsMan
07-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Is it Montgomery County that is revoking you? They do not have the room in their jail to just casually be locking folks up. That is not to say that they won't but they have good incentive to not lock you up if you can make a case for reinstatement. My observation is that they are not even keeping PI's for more than one night. They are gone the next day with a fine. No bail, no arraignment. Can you afford a decent attorney? I don't know what a PCS charge is but I would at least get an attorney and let them know it will take a hearing before the judge for the revocation. Although it may appear to be contradicting myself, I do not recommend skipping on probation. That is guaranteed revocation and with them even hotter about things.

a_coleman
07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
I think PCS means possession of a controlled substance. Someone correct me if Im wrong

mrs_mcneer
07-24-2007, 09:20 AM
no you are right about the possession. and i was told that montgomery county is doing 4 for 1 but on my case i would only get day for day. the attorney wants to charge me like 3000 for my case and there is no way that i have that kind of money. and you know what is really really really messed up? i called the warrants division this morning to see if they could tell me my bond amount when i turn myself in and they told me that the warrant isnt even posted yet...wtf??

so apparently for the moment i am freaking out for no reason. im not going to run...i dont htink i ever was, im just worried. maybe the judge will just decide to not put the warrant out and let me go on about my business but i wont know anything for while. guess i just have to keep trying the warrants divison until it comes out. ugh. this sucks.

HisWifey4304
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Im not sure about that county but my husband violated probation 2 times. First time they gave him 30 days in county...now he is in SAFP (rehab). I would definalty talk to someone. I wouldnt run it would just make it worse!

mrs_mcneer
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
my original sentence that they gave was 180 days, but was suspended when i signed for the probation but if i messed up on probation that sentence would be imposed.

taye87
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
baby I know you don't want to hear this but it is better for you to turn yourself in then to run...because once she get caught and if you are not in harris county...the holding facility can hold you up to a month if harris county desn't come and get you and if they don't come they will give a coutest transport....then on top of that you will have to set in the county for at least two weeks before they set you a court date..you would have been served damn two months when you go in front the judge.. you don't want to go through that!

lormur
07-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Take several deep breaths and realize that if you run that you will neve be able to be with your husband. work with the system and see exactly what you can work out and if nothing then get your time behind you so that you can be reunited with your husband.

MBB
07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Mrs. Mcneer
Yes your probation can be re-instated. I have a niece who was on
probation for DUI for one year. She got in trouble for driving while
license suspended. They revoked her probation, she also still
owed $800.00 for her fees, and hasn't done her DWI class.
They issued the warrant the end of March. In the second week
of July she made arrangments with the bondsman to bond her
out and told her when she would be turning herself in. She bonded
out when straight to the probation office had a meeting and they
did re-instate her. So yes it can be done. And yes the warrant
will follow you where ever you go. They don't go out on stuff
like that to find you, they didn't her. They usually find the warrant
during a traffic stop and then they will take you into immediate
custody and back to Texas you will go. TDCJ is so full right now
parole and probation have been told to work with their people.
That came straight from the Chief of Adult Supervision of our county
(probation office). So better to turn your self in Good Luck:thumbsup:

1227IOT
07-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't know what to say to you. I will pray that everything goes okay..

hitulily
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Poor girl , we can make things worse for ourselves, but I will pray for you.

Just talk to your husband ,1st instinct are the best. My husband tried to go to Mexico, I guess he didn't like it over there all by himself... funny now that I think about it. (more like stupid) but I can see how this would stess you out !

Best advise is to ask for mercy 1st from God and then just wait for the judge's responds.

duncanville1
07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
A: its a misd. probation violation, the warrant CANNOT be entered into the national database. That means outside of texas you will not be wanted. Now because of the warrant, you will probably not going to be able to get a license in the US. B: On misd. probation violations, they will drag there feet geeting the warrant in the system. There probably is a warrant signed for you, it just hasnt made it too warrant division yet. If you were to report, you will probably be arrested.

Its just a misd. that means you arnt going to do anything but county time, if it were me i would probably just do the time, but i currently have a felony probation warrant out for me. I know you dont want to turn urself in.

mrs_mcneer
08-06-2007, 06:54 AM
my husband told me that i should write a letter to the judge that sentenced me to probation to let her know what had happened and what is going on now, and maybe influence her decision when she gets the motion to revoke my probation. I am not even sure if i can get the letter to her before the warrant goes out, but he said to atleast try and that it would show her that im being responsible and blah blah blah. Ya'll think that it would do any good to write her a letter? any advice would be great I hate that i am going to have to go back to jail. and even worse that my husband is going to be released and i am not going to be there for him cuz i'll be in jail. :(

jojacks
08-06-2007, 07:04 AM
I would do as your husband suggested - get a letter out TODAY!!! Bt showing that you are trying could make a big difference. Throw yourselves at their mercy and PRAY!!! Good Luck.

mrs_mcneer
08-06-2007, 07:44 AM
ok so when i write the letter how would i address her? honorable judge turner? i am not sure how to write this but i know i have to give it a shot.

jojacks
08-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Honorable Judge Turner is what I would put. That is how I addressed the Judge when I wrote a letter.

jojacks
08-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Just a hint - I would send the letter certified. I didn't and the Judge never saw my letter!!!!! When he did it was too late.

mrs_mcneer
08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
ok thank you very much.

vsbaby
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Good luck in your situation. Just face everything head on and keep your head up. Even if they do require you to do 180 days, I am sure it will be a lot less of a punishment than if you ran. Sending a letter to the judge shows responsibility and they may be lenient on you. Let us know how it all goes for you.

mrs_mcneer
08-14-2007, 07:04 AM
well im going this thursday to turn myself in, if you dont hear from me for awhile then that means im doing the whole six months. =(

jojacks
08-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Bless your heart!! Good Luck!!!

mrs_mcneer
08-14-2007, 07:28 AM
thank you

BrandNewGirl
08-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Saying a prayer for you.

Nance

mrs_mcneer
08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
hey guys!!! im out! they only gave me 60 days and i thank the Lord for it. Montgomery County really wasnt all that bad, it is actually a very nice jail. atleast the part that i was in was. thanks for all ya'lls support.!!

tripidish
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
sorry for your situation!
i have a question and couldn't figure out how to post....
if you're on felony probation and get a misdamenor, can the felony probation find out? i don't know if my boyfriend should tell his probation officer and come clean because he will violate him.

Kay
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Welcome back!!! That is great news!!