View Full Version : Several Mental disorders with drug addiction....

amber030583
07-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Chris was diagnosed as Bi-polar, schizophrenic, manic depressive with ADHD. He has smoked pot in the past and crack. He has done coke amongst numerous others. He basically says he has tried it all except Heroin. Before this last incarceration he was completely clean for four months except for alcohol. Do you think it is really possible for him to actually stay on his meds when he gets out and stay clean? We have a son together and as much as it does not look good for him being there he is a really good father. Let me just tell you why he is in right now. Four weeks before he was done with his two years of parole he was caught at his company's christmas party and his PO found out. He was revocated for a year for being in a place that served alcohol. So anyways, I want to know what you guys think in the likelinest (however spelt) that he will be able to stay clean and keep on meds. Also if there is anyone who has been in this situation and was able to help their loved one stay clean how did you do it?

Since being in there he has written the people that he would use with and told him that if they are going to continue using he does not want to be associated with them. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

LovinMeNow
07-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, if someone had told me not to waste my time or money trying to help him, I probably wouldn't have listened to them at the time. Not trying to bust your bubble, but....the thing that I am concerned with the most is you! I went through a similar situation with my now ex, and when he was released I rented an apartment over an hour away from all of the bad influences, which is what he said he needed. Of course, I was also away from my friends and family. He had me change his cell phone number, so that THEY couldn't contact HIM, but 2 days after he was released, he was calling them. He would leave for work very early, (claiming to want alone time), when he was actually running back to the "friends" to buy. Wasn't very long before he was right back in the game! Maybe the intentions were there. I really can't say for sure whether they were or not, but I will never forget how it made me feel. I felt like a fool. Here I had spent so much time looking for an apartment, (for him), left my friends and family and was alone most of the time while he was working, (and driving back and forth to buy), and I won't even talk about the money! I just felt so used. I truly do hope that he means what he says, and that it turns out good, but if not it really does a job on YOU!!! I would suggest that you be realistic about what may lie ahead. I'm not saying be negative, but be prepared just in case, and remember, don't blame yourself or let him blame you if it doesn't work out! Good luck!!