View Full Version : Parole, Probation Process In Ct

nellypete
07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi, you all....

I would like to start a thread about probation and parole comments, questions. CT does not have that much information on the two subjects so we need to share our experiences and our knowledge.

Please, if you have info.. Please post it here, so that anyone/everyone who is in need, can look it up here. thanks.

I am right now waiting for a home inspection.....

moorelemet
09-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I have tried and tried to make contacts of how this process works! No one seems to be able to tell me any thing! It seems that parole has their own little world and do whatever they please at the time. I have been told that the parole officer, when assigned, will contact me. If ANYONE has ANY information, please post and let me know. Thanks:eek:

matthew83t
09-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I am a current CT paroloee and I can tell you from my and my wifes experience only. Every situation is unique and the bottom line is my wife had to stay on top of the process from the start. If you don't dont stay on top of the process, things can go very slow. Not sure if this helps at all.

moorelemet
09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
:eek: OK - So HOW do you stay on top of it?! Who do contact with out getting them angry? My husband is in a halfway house, his voted to parole date is Oct. 26, 2007 what do I do now to help this thing along? I do realize that eveyone's circumstances are different, but there has to be someone that can share their experience, just for an idea of what to do. It can get soooo frustrating.

matthew83t
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
My wife was simply in touch with the parole office throught the entire process. The PO's receive litteraly 100's of calls a day so you have to just keep on calling. Maybe not leave a message everytime just try to catch him. I was in a halfway house and I pushed my counselor all of the time because I had heard so many stories of "lost of delayed" paperwork being received. I just read an article today the Rell is ready to cancel anything but work, medical and church outings from halfway house. This only makes things that much harder. Frankly, this infuriates me even though I am already on parole. All I can say is stay in touch with PO and halfway house. I can thank God for my wife and all of her support as without it I would of been "lost" in the system.

moorelemet
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
My husband is in a half way house. Yes, they have canceled everything except work, church and medical, we still have visits on the weekend, but NO AA or NA meetings, no laundry runs,anyone deviating from their job, say to get lunch, parole picks them up right away. All paroles have been put on hold from the prisons. Tensions are going to be VERY high. I want to thank-you for your advise.

Lost^In^You
09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
I study Law myself.. undergratuade
What I have learned from parole you have to really do things right and not violate. They are not going to let a inmate free until they know that that inmate is ready to be free and quit what he/she was involved with !
You really have to use your mind to get out of parole and probation! Stay strong and gime a lot of support to that person! It is critical that the support is there!

doc's honeee
02-20-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi - I've been doing lots of research on Tx PTO, my loved one is in Tx prison. We hope to have a parole date by the end of the year and file the compact so he can live here. Parole boards everywhere are like secret societies, answering to no one. I don't know much about Ct parole or how difficult this is going to be. I know the governer, in her infinite wisdom has made things more complicated. Does anyone have experience with this here? Thanx Peace, Marianne:)