View Full Version : How long will they be in NFCF?

mike's angel
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone got any news of how long our Colorado boys will be stuck in Colorado???

T&O
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I think you meant Oklahoma, Mike's Angel. ;)

mike's angel
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow, what a space I am!!! Thank you! Yes, I meant Oklahoma!

Vigilant
07-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I called the Colorado D.O.C. about 2 weeks ago, and was told that there were no immediate plans on bringing Colorado inmates back to Colorado - WHERE THEY BELONG. It's all about money. At $54.00 per day PER inmate, times the 720 expected at North Fork, Colorado D.O.C. *claims* they do not have the funds to house the Colorado guys. (The cost per inmate is expected to increase - OF COURSE.) This is what Colorado will be paying Oklahoma, Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). CCA is the private-run CORPORATION that builds prisons-for-profit and uses human beings as corporate earnings. GEO is another prison-for-profit corporation. (SICK!!!!!!)

720 inmates Colorado PAYS CCA at $54.00 per day ---
PER DAY: $38,880.00
PER YEAR (365 days): $14,191,200.00

Imagine! This is only ONE facility! Considering all of the 720 Colorado inmates are sent to North Fork (presently at approximately 480), this is a totally unacceptable answer! How many other inmates are sent to any 'other' facility or facilities??? Why can't this cash flow be properly spent on state facilities? Frivolous and excessive sentencings considered, is it any wonder the facilities are at maximum capacity?

Meanwhile, inmates from other states are being removed from THEIR resident states, and taking the beds of Colorado inmates that should be close to THEIR family and friends. (Colorado D.O.C. insists that consistent support and visitations are crucial for the rehabilitation and welfare of inmates.) Their profiting actions tell otherwise. Cold.

Colorado D.O.C., this is all about the money. I, for one, am very, very, VERY insulted by the deceit and lies coming from the D.O.C. system.

Does anyone in *authority* (politics) who can make positive changes TRULY CARE about making this system work all the way around, or all of them in politics for personal gain only???

Sorry, mike's angel. It is beyond frustrating and incomprehensible how *legal* can be so *illegal* with D.O.C., and consider us stupid with their callous apathy.

mike's angel
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow, what a mess!!! I didn't know it was that bad! This all SUCKS!