View Full Version : Desesperate To Loose Weight For Him Submit Any Ideas

YOUR BABE
10-02-2003, 01:52 AM
PLEASE ANY IDEAS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE OR OF ANY DIETS OR PILLS. WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING I WANT TO GO SEE HIM BUT WHEN I DO I WANT TO LOOK AND FEEL BETTER, I HAD GAIN SO MUCH WEIGHT IN THIS PAST YEAR THAT HE'S BEEN INSIDE,I TEND TO EAT WHEN I'M UPSET AND WHEN I FEEL I GOT NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, PLEASE HELP ME I'VE BEEN FEELING SO DOWN WITH MY WEIGHT LATELY THAT SOMETIMES I EVEN THINK THAT IF I DON'T LOOSE ANY WEIGHT I WON'T GO SEE HIM ON FEBRUARY LIKE I HAD PLAN IT,NOW YOU KNOW THATS UGLY... I'M DIYING TO SEE HIM BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO SEE ME LIKE THIS, PLEASE HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! PLEASE I HOPE YOU WON'T FIND ME STUPID BY THINKIN LIKE I DO.

flygirlaa2
10-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Babe, I am on the Atkins diet and have lost over 70 lbs in just a few months. Go buy the book, follow it, it WORKS!

tropical1
10-02-2003, 08:09 AM
i too have have been doing atkins, however i having been cheating, he is being released 10/31 and he called yesterday and i just had to eat a cake not the whole thing but that sugar was good. if you want to lose weight do it for yourself, do not put pressure on yourself to please him. my guy said he gained about 30 40 pounds while he has been there. i could care less, means nothing to me. as far as a diet do it one day at a time, focus on today only not that you have to lose all this weight and get all overwhelmed. foucs on today and what you are eating. walmart has low carb ice cream called lecarb and it is great, what has saved me is jello sugar free pudding chocolate cook and serve type. there are low carb tortillas too. have a fat omelette for breakfast, bacon cheese burger without the bread for lunch, steak and veggys for dinner. stop being desperate becuz that will stress you out and at least for me make you eat the wrong stuff, like the cake i ate last night!!! if you slip up press forward dont beat yourself up. so i ate the piece of cake so what? pm me if you want to talk

take care

carol

tx_tornado
10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I took the more extreme measure...lol I had my stomach stapled and Ive lost almost 220lbs. I regret doing it now. I can tell you Dieting is not fun. But these women are right, Dont beat yourself up! You are beautiful the way you are and Im pretty positive he will feel the same way! Keep your head held high, you will over come this

WINKY
10-02-2003, 10:21 AM
TX Tornado - Why do you regret your chioce ? I have thought about it . I have also tried phentermine and lost 60 pounds and kept it off for 1 year then I got pregnant and gained it back plus 20. I thought about trying Xendrine Has anyone tried that pill ?

mrsdragoness
10-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Winky.......the first thing you should do is lose this weight for YOU not him. I learned a long time ago - unsuccessfully - that if you aren't doing something for yourself, it won't work.

I am overweight and have tried diet after diet after diet. They haven't worked because I have been wanting to to it for the wrong reasons...for him, for my kids, etc.

I'm doing much better now because I'm doing it for ME and for MY health.

I also have found a book that's helping me with my bad habits..... Its called When Food IS Love by Geneen Roth. It shows you that you are using food to replace the loss of intamacy and helps break that. The book is only $10.95.

mrs. d

WINKY
10-02-2003, 12:11 PM
THX for the info mrsdrangon

mrsdragoness
10-02-2003, 12:17 PM
OOPS!! MY BAD... sorry Winky.... I didn't mean to address that post particularly to you. :D See what I get when I'm carrying on 2 IM conversations, dealing with PMs and trying to post here too!!

I meant this for everyone, and in particular for the person starting the thread.

Mrs. D
needing to cut down on being the chatty dragon :D

WINKY
10-02-2003, 12:27 PM
It's ok mrs dragon Im still going to get the book you mentioned : )

YOUR BABE
10-02-2003, 02:01 PM
thanks all of ya for your advice I don't mean to sound like i;m doing this for him it's mainly for me but of course to look better I also know he loves me the way I am but what good is it if I don't love my self. I need will power to do any diet I also tried phentermine it makes me feel DIZZY, metabolife it makes my hearth beat to fast, that's why I'm open for any other sugestions.

xitlallynoemi
10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
I am now on Phentermine and i lost 15 pounds in 1 month. I love them and also walking helps alot!

TAZI
10-02-2003, 08:08 PM
BrytanL.com wonderful little pills... i have lost 33 pounds in 4 months!

GottaLuvJustice
10-02-2003, 08:09 PM
drugs like phentermine and Xenadrine are only TEMPORARY fixes. My advice is for you to focus on adding some healthful foods and some activity daily.

Do not think of it as dieting or taking away foods. Watch your portions. A fist sized portion of carbohydrate, a palm sized portion of protein (preferably not red meat), and some veggies at lunch and dinner. Similar for breakfast except you don't need to eat vegetables at breakfast!!

Allow your self some of your favorites, too. Like if you love icecream or cookies or whatever, allow yourself to cheat a little every 4 or 5 days.

Eat at least 1200 calories a day...a lot of women restrict their caloric intake TOO MUCH and end up not losing like they could be.

Do cardio daily...take off maybe one or two days a week.

RELYING ON XENADRINE OR PHENTERMINE will pretty much turn into a cycle....you lose with their help then gain it back and then some.

Wash.
Rinse.
Repeat. :)

You want a LIFELONG change so you have to change your eating habits for life!! The secret is changing your mind set really, NOT finding the latest and greatest pill.

If you are eating because of deeper issues, and YEAH, most of us do...your money would better be spent with a professional who can help you to find those reasons out. If you are involved in a church, they usually have counselling departments for reasonable rates.

There's a real good book called "You Are Not What You Weigh". You might want to check it out.

The problem usually is alot deeper than that number on the scale. Your worth is NOT determined by that number!!

Gillian

Willsgirl
10-02-2003, 10:11 PM
My cousin has a product that is really good, its a new thing. Really good there is a Shake mixture and some pills, they both work really good she has lost alot of weight on it and its a natural product. PM me and I will give you the website so you can read about it also the good thing is you can order all from online.

KTC
10-02-2003, 10:27 PM
All i have to say is if your losing wieght to keep a man, he aint worth keepin. U have to want it for yourslef, and not worry what he thinks. If he loves u, no matter how u look, he wont care. People always gain a lil or lose a lil while there man is locked up, it shouldnt matter unless ur going obese ha. But if its cuz YOU want to feel and look better about urself, then eat right, work out, water only, no soda, cut meat, diet pills dont work that great, if any i hear stacker 2 is ok, that 2 day diet drink dont try im sure u will be sick the whole time, um and have some fun while your doing alll this. Next time u get upset and want to go for a desert, think of cutting it in half or maybe eating something not to full of fat. remember lose the wieght for yourself, but b4 u do, show your man u this way noe, and see what he says, if he agrees for u to lose wieght id say BYE, cuz there lucky they have someone even seeing them , ktc , good luck

Marci
10-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I'm a senior in the nutrition program (go into my internship for registered dietetics next Fall) so I always am willing to practice skills with others. Unfortunately, I have to disgree with most diets - especially Dr Atkins. Losing weight is science - energy (calories ) in, energy out. 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat. If you can cut/burn 3500 calories of energy, you lose 1 lb of fat - FAT- not lean muscle. Please PM me and maybe I ca help a little. WHile losing weight is simple science, it's one of the hardest things to do! Alcoholics can abstain - we can;t abstain from food.

I do want to tell you one big thing: NEVER LOSE WEIGHT FOR YOUR PARTNER. YOU DO THIS FOR YOU, YOUR HEALTH, WELL BEING, ,MENTAL OUTLOOK, AND FOR THE FUTURE YOU HAVE WITH YOUR LOVED ONES, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN..

I've always been taught (and firmly believe in) the 80/20 "diet". Meaning if you eat sensibly (notice I DID NOT say low fat) 80% of the time, you can bend a little 20% of the time. To lose, you will also need to step up your movement - you don't have to run marathons, but just to expend some energy daily will give you a calorie loss that dieting alone won't - it raises your metabolism and you burn even while you sleep!

Ok, no more preaching. If you'd like to pm me, I can answer some questions.

Also, for anyone else if you'd like to know, the ADA (Amercian Dietetic Assoc) has a fabulous website with wonderful tips (inlcuding "dieting for dummies" excerpts!) Try doing this for your health, not your hubby, not for the new Victoria Secret panties you want in size 2 - for your health. If you happen to be shopping at Victoria next summer - great! More power to ya! Aim for health first and the rest will follow! PM me and I can try to help. You may need a visit to an RD or even a therapist, depending on why your feel you cannot lose this weight without depending on a certain diet. Take care, be healthy -!

NOTE: Please, no Atkins fans throw eggs at my house. It's my own opinion and the opinion of most scientific nutrition experts that his plan is unhealthy. Maybe not now, but in 5 yrs you may show the signs of his diets. Please don't throw rotton fruits at me (oh, you probably don't have fruit to throw - just kiddin!!)

Blessings!

chrispro
10-02-2003, 11:17 PM
i am on jenny craig for a few weeks now have to lose 60 lbs my friend lost 46 lbs in 4 months and has not put on a pound and looks awesome. i feel good, dont feel bloated.. all those diet pills you lose and gain it all back.. jenny craig works.

lilmama1972
10-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Well just to throw another option out there. I have been doing weight watchers for almost 3 years. I lost 80 pounds and kept it off for just about 2 years. I can tell you that it is not a diet, it is a change in life style. It definately works. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the program.

Yasmeen
10-02-2003, 11:43 PM
I lost 45lbs on Xenadrine and gained it all back because I got too happy...(sad sigh). We want the weight to come off and stay off...so now I'm on a exercise kick...Tae bo, walking,
running, jumping rope...whatever gets my heart pumping. I have a bad knee so I cant do too much on it...but I have a goal and I aim to accomplish it! There's so much out there babe, Good Luck!....

celine
10-03-2003, 03:09 AM
you know what helped me...?
after every meal I eat a grapefruit.
it works for me and there are a lot of vitamins in it!
I also drink a lot of water,and water before having diner....
you cann't eat much with a lot of water in your stomach.
and ...I made a paper which I glued on our wardrobe.
every morning and every evening I go step on the scale and write it on the paper. it stimulates me to go for more when I see i'm losing weights !

Joanna
10-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing, Thai boxing, thai boxing,

I cant go on about it enough, its the most enjoyable form of exercise EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flygirlaa2
10-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Marci, I think your info is outdated. You need to look at the most recent studies of the Atkins diet to find out that it is VERY HEALTHY! I know, it was recommended by my cardiologist, dont think he would recommend something unhealthy to a person with stage 2 heart failure, do you? He told me one day in a exam that he was once very much against the Atkins diet (he still believe in the outdated pyramid) but then the ONLY patients of his that were loosing weight, keeping it off AND improving thier blood work were on the Atkins. He then took the time to research it and has been recommending it ever since.

carebear
10-03-2003, 07:23 AM
I just started doing Atkins September 29th and have lost 9 pounds already. I'm one of those obsessive people that has to get on the scale everyday. I would always get discouraged becasue I wasn't seeing any results. Low carb is the only thing that has worked for me. I'm also doing Tae Bo 3 days a week. Good Luck.

Eboniizs
10-03-2003, 08:24 AM
I don't like Atkins or any diets that limits my food choices. My Lord, can you imagine ONLY eating high protein foods for the rest of your life. Atkins and diets that allow limited foods are a quick fixes and not very realistic for long-term success.

Over the past six years I went from a size 8 to a size 20.

Many factors played into my rapid weight gain 1. The mess with my son, and the doc putting me on two different anti depressants daily, 2. A Hysterectomy, 3. Turning 40 4. I began working from home, feet away from a constant food supply and literally no exercise. The more weight I gained, the more hopeless I felt. The more the scales went up, the less I cared and for a couple years resigned myself to the notion that I was going to be fat the rest of my life.

Last year my cholesterol went over 300, but even that wasnít enough to wake me up. I began taking Zocor and it controlled that problem. But something happened in March, my daughter in law gave birth to the most beautiful precious baby girl. My wake up call was when the baby was baptized and I literally avoided all cameras. I laid in bed that night crying, if I should die tomorrow my lil Brianne wonít have any visual proof I existed. That bothered me and I decided I was going to do something about my weight. That was in May, I started watching what I was eating and exercising in my home daily, I went from 224 lbs to 201 lbs in six weeks. But I needed more structure and a life plan, so on July 12th I joined weight watchers, a few days later I bit the bullet and walked into a Powerhouse Gym, to my surprise, not everyone in there had perfect bodies and it felt okay to be there. In the beginning Iíd do 2.0 mph on the tread mile for 20 minutes, my heart rate would max out and Iíd be all sweated, gradually over the past two months Iíd increase the speed and duration, last week I began doing 7 miles up hill on a bike after my 2 miles on the tread (which I now do 3.6 mph, Iím 5í3Ē.. so 3.6 is speed walking for me). Iím also up to 7 sets of 10 on about 18 different machines, taking the kick boxing and yoga classes the gym offers. I try to go a minimum of three times a week, but more often if possible.

Iím down to 168lbs, wearing a size 12 and feeling confident that I will achieve my goal to be back in all my size 8ís my the 1st of the year.

I donít work for weight watchers, but I am a walking billboard for the program, IT WORKS. And the wonderful thing about WW is I can eat anything my lil heart desires, including fast food. Itís up to me how I use my points each day. I donít choose to eat fast food, but the choice is mine. I donít feel like Iím on a diet, what WW is, is a guide to helping people make life changes. Because lets face it ladies, those quick fix diets are just that.. a quick fix and the weight ALWAYS comes back, plus a few extra pounds. With WW I have learned portion control, food choice alternatives and in the process have met many wonderful new friends. Some that have achieved their goals, yet still attend, and others whoís journey has just begun.

I know if youíre like me, you want the weight gone yesterday, but thatís not healthy nor is it realistic. Atkins Diet, The Soup Diet, The Negative Calorie Diet, Jenny Craig all have one thing in common, theyíre all DIETS, and not meant to be done for life. To maintain a healthy weight, you need to learn to eat to live and not live to eat, you also need to develop an exercise routine that youíre comfortable with and will enjoy doing. Because lets face it, anything we hate or resent doing, weíre not going to stick with.

Because of my success my sister and two nieces, one only 14 yrs old (she weights 179 lbs and needed a doctors note to join WW) all joined WW two weeks ago, last night I drove the 50 miles and surprised them by being there for their first weight in since joining. My sister lost 5lbs, my niece 5.4 lbs and my 14 yr old niece 5.8 lbs in their first week. That much weight loss is typical in the beginning, but not long term, 1-3 lbs a week is normal and what I have been loosing. I was so happy & excited for all three of them, and pray they have the conviction to stick with it.

I wish you luck, and Iím here if you want to talk.

(((((((( Hugs ))))))))

jdswifey02
10-03-2003, 09:32 AM
I too am on Atkins.... I have tried SOOO many diets and nothing else really worked for me.... This has... I have lost close to 25 pounds in the first 5 weeks.... It's not right for everyone, but I would recommend reading the book or checking out info on it at www.atkins.com

dkr55
10-03-2003, 10:39 AM
i get xenical from my doctor. it is a fat burner it burns the fat you eat so your body uses what is has stored.lost 23 lbs in three months.stacker 2 is pretty good also.

flygirlaa2
10-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Eboniize, the nice thing about atkins is it is for life. You will not be on the seriously limited carbs for life, just till you get to your weight loss goal then you will begin to add back carbs slowly to see how many you can handle and still maintain. It is called maintenance.

Eboniizs
10-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Fly, I have known many people who have lost tons of weight on Atkins, I'm not saying it doesn't work, but all of those people have gained the weight back over time. When you include carbs, you'll see.. plus most people loose the weight, then go right back to their old eating habits. What I like with WW is, I don't have to eliminate anything, and I've still lost over 50 lbs in a little over three months total. The noticeable changes I've made are in choices and portions.. I use fat free butter substitutes, eat more veggies & fruits, brown verses white rice.. subtle changes.. nothing drastic. I've found ice creams and snacks, that don't taste fat free.. so I literally don't feel cheated or deprived.

But it all goes back to "whatever works for you". They say Atkins is healthy, but with cholesterol over 300, I'm not willing to play ginea pig with my life. All that fat from red meats, cheeses etc cannot be good for anyone!

In saying that I sincerely pray that ten years from now, we don't have an increased epidemic of people dying from stomach cancer, heart disease and other known illnesses brought on by high fat diets.

I have my blood screening on monday, this will be my first cholesterol check since I've lost the weight. My hope is to soon be off the medication.

mrskendrick2you
10-03-2003, 10:18 PM
This is all great info! Thanks for starting this thread.

Adriana77
10-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Wow, I'm going through this too. I weigh more now than I did nine months pregnant, thank God I'm tall. The way I work it's really hard to diet. I've been trying to work out a little bit everyday and it helps tone me up. The more muscle mass you have the more fat you burn. So when your dieting make sure you work-out. Low impact or otherwise. Find someone to work out with. I've lost 8 pounds so far in the last two week. But I too tend to eat more when I'm stressed out. I started doing yoga it's low impact and tones you up and has a bonus of flexibility, which we will all be needing very soon. Ha.

Koko45449
10-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Okay, I hate dieting so I am going to tell you how I dropped three dresses sizes without dieting. I spend three days a week in the gym. I warm up 10-15 minutes on the elytical machine or treadmeal. I then get off and ciruit train using light weights and the nautilus equipment. I train light to get my heartrate up without building bulky muscles. I will be happy to PM my routine. I have lost 30 pounds since April I have dropped from a 18 to a 12. I eat what I want when I want. As a result of training this way, my metabolisms has increased and my energy si throughthe roof. Also, I eat 4-5 small meals all day instead of 3 regular size meals. If I am eating out. I order off of the kids menue. I love milkshakes from steak and shake. I buy the kids size and I feel good about having sweets because I do so in moderation. Becuase the routine is a fulbody routine you ony do it every other day. You get the weekends off :)

LesandAnthony
10-04-2003, 10:50 AM
^^^^ I was just gunna say all that about the guy thing. Dang girl.. you read my mind. ;)
I gained weight too when Anthony first left... but he didn't actually care at all. I was doing a lot of drugs before he left that made me not eat and I was tooo skinny, and he told me all the time "Babe, you're too skinny" but then I gained 60 pounds when he left, and I went to drug rehab. I feel gross but everyone says I look so much better.
I'm gunna lose like 20 pounds for myself, because I feel gross... (emphsize on the I!)
Aitkins is great too.. I've seen people lose a lot from that thing... Exendrine works good too.. but watch out.. they are very addicting. Ephedra is in the Amphedamines categagory.. which is basically legallized METH. BAD! SO watch out.

LIVIY1
10-04-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi! a good idea that worked for me is slimfast, thats
got a new line HOT MEAL OPTIONS LIKE, SHELLS
AND CREAMY CHEESE SAUCE. PASTA, FETTICHINI
NOODLES. Worked for me. Good luck!

liviy1

a.lil.love
10-04-2003, 09:57 PM
HI... I just started going to Curves for Women three weeks ago. Ilove it there. You excercise for 30 minutes on stations. You change stations every 30 seconds so it's not boring or too much strain. It is resistance so there is no weights too move around and you keep your heart rate up the entire 30 minutes and that is what works. I have my first weigh in next week and they measure you, but I feel better so Iasked them to enlighten me and weigh me. In the three weeks I lost 11 pounds but more importantly the inches are going... I lost 1 inch from my bust, 2 from my waist, 1/2 on easch thigh. Yeah!!! I am currently a size 11 and my goal is a 5. Before I got pregnant I was a 3... I weighed 152 now I weigh 141. So I will stick with it. By the way I am not deiting because it's to hard. I don't eat a lot just the wrong stuff I guess. I eat way too many Philly Cheese Steaks a week, and I love Arby's Jamocha Shake.

California Sunshine
10-05-2003, 12:55 AM
In June I started a weight loss program from Kaiser medical Insurance.The basics of it are to follow the food pyramid guideline which is basically low fat,low protein,med to high carbs and high fruits and veggies.I also joined Curves but honestly don't go very often.I have lost 24 pounds and 10 inches in a little less then 3 months just following th food guidelines!

myolflame
10-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Hi, I am now the same size I was in high school, which was many moons ago. It's been a long process and here's how I did it:

. #1 - get right mentally - Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge is
right on (I've been watching him discuss this on Oprah for
years now)
. I eat whatever I want, but no second helpings and I don't
buy junk food so its not around the house
. I don't eat past 6:30 p.m. no matter what
. I walk 45 minutes every night if isn't raining
. I do situps and crunches at least 4 days a week

Hope this helps...the most important thing is to get right mentally. What is triggering you to eat? Dr. Phil is covering this on his show and I believe watching will help you, can't hurt! He believes that diets don't work, you have to resolve the issues that trigger you to over eat. Good luck.

ratchetgirl
10-06-2003, 03:20 PM
as far as dieting goes, I think the biggest thing is loving yourself and knowing you are gonna be ok. I had tried every kind of diet... I finally had a GI bypass, which made my stomach only an ounce. Ive lost 160 lbs in 9 months. it was way extream and I wouldnt do it again. Ive found that people who judge you on your looks alone arent worth having around. and the funny thing is, I was alot happier when I was heavier. I knew the people loved me for who I was inside. Not how I look. as far as the diet thing goes, dont deprive yourself, do some positive meditations, and know your body, and what it needs.

ToughTimes
10-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Marci was right on with the information that she provided. Flygirl ... You said your cardiologist told you to go on the diet, and that is fine, but a cardiologist is very different from someone that studies nutrition. I was on Adkins for awhile the first few months of 2003, and I lost 40 pounds, but I could never do that diet for the rest of my life. My mother is a nurse and my sister is an epidiemelogist (spelling?) and both of them say that Adkins is a temporary fix. My mom was on Jenny Craig and she lost almost 100 pounds, and now she is doing Weight Watchers with the flex points. She also goes to Curves to work out. I went to Curves for 4 months, 5 times a week and now I am BORED TO DEATH with it. I can't go there anymore, I am just too bored. I would recommend tapes like Tae-Bo, Walk Away the Pounds, or things like that. Also, just exercising and watching what you eat is going to help. Walking for 30 minutes a day will do absolute wonders!! And please, please stay away from the pills that are supposed to make you lose weight, unless they are prescribed by a doctor. Pills like Stacker 2 or Stacker 3 or the other ones that they sell over the counter can lead to heart attacks and death, and that is proven.

kathy1104
10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
To me the oldest method is the best, eat right and exersize. When I lost weight the last time I went on an exersize kick. I walked during my lunch hour, and built that up until it was more jogging than walking, and I did the FIRM workout video for one hour at night, so I was really exersizing 2 hours a day, but once I start loosing weight I start to feel so good that I become almost addicted to exersize, getting started is the hard part but after a few weeks I could see the difference and I felt so much better. I counted calories and fat intake and tried to make better food choices. When mad, sad, depressed, I'd work out instead of eat & sulk. It worked for me.

Sexii Gurly
11-09-2003, 03:36 AM
I agree with the people that just said to eat right and exercise..that will usually do it. i'm about to go on a diet myself to make myself look and feel better. I'm just gonna walk alot and exercise as much as i can and watch what i eat..and of course drink lots and lots of water, that in fact does help. my dad was on the atkins diet and lost some weight but could'nt really keep it up. He also lost 85 lbs at one point by just walking a mile or 2 everyday and drinking alot of water, after he would finish a bottle he'd fill it up and drink some more, he has it with every meal..so that helped him alot. I also think eating late at night puts weight on too. you have to watch what you eat, you can't be eating a bunch of junk food but you also have to make your meals into small portions, that helps. If you're out doing stuff then you're staying active and motivated and believe it or not but you're burning calories..sitting at home doing nothing is what can stack on the pounds. Good Luck though.

mybodymycanvas
11-24-2003, 04:21 PM
I took Stacker 2 Ephedra Free just once a day and lost over ten pounds in a month

ladyduke
11-24-2003, 04:32 PM
I had a friend who did the tummy tuck thing and past away a year and a half later from compications. Don't kill yourself. You can be just as beuatiful heavy as you will be thin. Tx-tornado is a friend of mine and I've only seen pictures of her when she was heavier. I think she was beautiful with her wait as I'm sure she's beautiful now. Woman are beautiful in all shapes and sizes.

MissOne
11-24-2003, 06:44 PM
I went to Hypnosis and it helped.
FIrst you just relax and let go all the stress. and then they feed you suggestions to just eat right, excercise and eat less sugars, pasta and breads. You eat whatever you want you just do it in moderation.

i have lost 65 pounds by changing what, how much and when i eat without much excersice, but have platued for the last six months. I haven't gained any back though.

i know once i get off this chair ans really start excersing the pounds wil again start falling off.

I also went to a support group with other women undergoing hynosis and that helped. I've slacked off there also but will get back at it.

So, do it for yourself, relax, eat right and excersise and watch the pounds fall off. When you want to eat something you KNOW you shouldn't just think about how good it's going to feel when you have to shop for a smaller size.

babysdaddy402
11-24-2003, 06:51 PM
GO TO WWW.POWER90.COM ITS A EXERCISE PROGRAM FOR 90 DAYS, OR THEY HAVE ONE FOR 6 WEEKS, SLIM IN 6 THEY HAVE PEOPLE SUCCESS STORIES ON THERE. I'LL BE DOING IT SOON.

ocalf
11-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi, I tried Atkins and yes it really did work, however I got tiered of doing it and didn't make my goal.

I really wanted to loss weight because I am small and did not look right at 5'2 and 20lbs over weight.

Motivation really helps and you want to know what motivated me ......... Visiting my man.

So I did the ball exercises and IT TOTALLY WORKS, I'm back to 105 lbs and my stomach is starting to look GREAT AGAIN :) I'm also getting really toned. Now I'm really lazy in the exercising department ((smiles)) however the ball was FUN to do and EASY, so I kept at it, not to mention that I started to see some extremely GREAT results and when you start to see results you want to do it more. NO OTHER exercise program had me seeing results so fast so I usually gave them up.

I still do the ball exercise and its also great because you don't have to sit there forever doing it, you do it a little bit each day or every other day and you FEEL IT. You don't have to do long carried out exercise programs (boring) so anyway try it.

You could buy an exercise ball at any Wal-mart near you ((((smiles)))) I sound like a commercial ha ha ha.

babieboo
11-25-2003, 09:08 AM
I became a vegetarian and I lost 30 pounds. I am now a size 3-5. I feel so much better and I have a lot more energy too.

blessed_be
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
don't lose weight for him.
lose weight for YOU.

sunrise
11-25-2003, 10:25 AM
In my experience, pills and crash diets don't work. My friends have all done well on Weight Watchers, but you have to completely re-evaluate your eating habits and not think of it as a quick-fix.

Portions when you eat out in the States are much bigger than in England, my weight is usually the same, but after my last visit I gained 7lbs in less than a week.

The Atkins diet has had a really bad press in England, most English doctors think it is unhealthy.

Anne

dragnbaby2003
11-25-2003, 10:29 AM
I agree with alot of these posts....Alot of good advice on how to loose weight...But, I also have to agree that ... You have to want to loose the weight for yourself....You can't loose weight or do anything if you don't want it too...I wish you luck in journey though...

joysaler
11-25-2003, 02:46 PM
I've decided the same thing - I'm going to be skinny when my husband comes home to me. I've started cutting my regular portions in half and drinking a LOT of water. I got a liter bottle from the store and refil it 3 to 4 times a day. I've also started Pilates recently. It's to soon to tell, but I sure FEEL better! I've also realized that when you feel bad and want to eat, exercise instead. You're upset, walk out your frustrations. It's a lot healthier than eating to feel better! If you ever need any words of encouragement, feel free to pm me. I'm in the same boat you're in!

Preciousrain
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Has anybody else mentioned the E word?

Well, I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and couldn't loose it. And I like food. So, instead of eating three big meals a day, I ate 5 smaller ones spaced out that included all food groups (although not always at once). I also made sure I knew on average the amount of calories I was intaking and then I EXCERSISED! Actually, its pretty fun to excersise. You can go dancing, for a walk in the park, go swimming, bike riding, even walking around the mall a few times, clean your house really good, use the stairs when going up or down a floor. That all counts. Right now I'm trying to tone muscle and loose the fat. So, I am thinking about pilates. Find a friend and go workout. It can be as fun as you make it. Every little bit helps. You don't have to go out and get a membership. Just work your way up. Also, what helped me, I put away the scale! I don't look at it or use it. I measure my loss by how my clothing fits. I went from a size 14 to a size 8 in 6 months. I think thats alright.... :cool:

Preciousrain
11-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Oh, I forgot. I also stopped watching so much television. When I watch tv, I want to eat even when not hungry. Most people do. So when I got extra time, I do something with my hands--beadwork, sewing, cross stiching, ect. I put on some good music and do a craft. That way my hands are full, my mind is active and entertained, yet I'm just chilling out.

DeDe
11-25-2003, 04:05 PM
I went from a size 26 to a 14 and I feel good, I did no special diet, I ate lots of chicken, veggies, fat free stuff, drank lots of water and walked alot, and I lost about 100 pounds. I have maintained my size 14 and I am trying to lose more, but i'm doing it for me no one else. My baby loves me the way I am, and he knows I have struggled so hard to do this, but all I did I did it for me.

Missing Ray
11-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Okay.. food is a passion of mine and I too have lept on the bandwagon of losing weight... before he left I had gone from 368lbs to 284 (even though we had 3 additional children) okay it was like 5 years that it took me to do that much.. the process for me is slow.
Eat right and healthy is a good start, drink plenty of fluids.. "Fit for Life" is a book I ready which also explains food combinations.. like steak and potatoes.. they require acid/alkaline to digest which neutralizes in the stomach when they both are present and your food actually begins rotting before it is digested (EWWW!) That has assisted some and of course cardio is good... I also found a pill on the internet that doesnt speed up your system or anything.. It actually relaeases powder that when you drink water it makes a gel (similar to jello) this gel makes you feel fuller and you eat less.. so I figured if I was eating healthy anyway, and I was eating less it couldn't hurt. My kids have made numerous comments lately about how much better I look and how baggy my clothes are becoming. I stopeed taking the pills a month ago, and not gained, I am still losing. It just helped me "train my tummy" to be smaller I think... I dunno.. maybe its a mental thing.

T

Nemesis
11-25-2003, 07:35 PM
When my husband first got incarcerated I had just had a baby and was well over 210lbs, I ended up going from I dont even know what plus size to a size 4-6. I started walking with my baby (pushing the stroller), eating fruit and being conscious of what I ate. Whenever I wanted a snack I would ask myself if its what I really wanted. Yes, exercise is the key. I did lots of squats, weights and situps (I even got a sixpack). Unfortunately after I got down to my dream size I got pregnant again (while my husband was out on bond) so I have a few more months before I can diet again.

ToughTimes
11-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I heard this song today, and it's a good song. Whether you are skinny or fat, short or tall, blonde or brunette, etc... your man is with you for a reason, and you need to remember that. LOSE WEIGHT ONLY FOR YOURSELF!!!

You're doin all you can
to get in them old jeans
you want that body back
you had at seventeen
well baby don't be down, don't you worry about a thing
cuz the way you fool around, hey thats alright with me!
I don't want the girl you used to be, and if you ain't noticed, the kids are fast asleep

and your one hot mama
you turn me on, lets turn it up and turn this room into a sauna
one hot mama
oh what do you say babe...do you wanna?

Well i know sometimes you think
that all you really are, is the woman with the kids, and the groceries and car
and you worry about your hips, and you worry about your age
and while i'm trying to catch...the breath you take away
oh and believe me when you do,and baby when i do, all i see is

one hot mama
you turn me on, lets turn it up, and turn this room into a sauna
one hot mama
oh what do you say babe...do you wanna?

can't imagine me lovin someone else
i'm a lucky man, i thank daddy's got himself...

one hot mama
you turn me on, let's turn it up, and turn this room into a sauna
one hot mama
well what do you say babe...oh now what do you say babe...do you wanna?

one hot mama
lets turn this room into a sauna

blessed_be
11-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Women's Bodies
by Eve Decker / Rebecca Riots (www.rebeccariots.com)
c 1998

A piece of the history of Western Civilization
is that women were permanent children under the law
You went from your father to your husband
and you had no rights at all
Does it strike you as connected to this piece of our past
that the women of today we hold up as ideal
are without exception small, slender and youthful
No room for variation, no room to heal.

Don't teach me to hate my body
I'm a woman I've been around a while
Don't teach me to hate my body
I have a woman's body not a child's

I stopped watching television and looking at magazines
But I still feel oppressed
by our culture's expectations of me
Don't put me on a metal scale
and tell me I'm not small enough
With furrowed brow you imply that if I'm not small
I won't be loved.

Let's look at the roots of this sickly tree.
We're livin' in the branches of 5000 years of patriarchy
Don't let it hypnotize you remove yourself from the scene
Your body's beautiful
the problem is the context we've been in

To be independent, strong and big
threatens the status quo
It's only been 75 years since women had the vote
The laws have changed misogyny went underground
Anytime you hate your body society's doing just fine
Keeping you down.

I will love my body
I have a woman's body, not a child's.
I will love my body.
We are women.
And we are beautiful
just the way we are.

SCM32
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I just started taking Xenical again. It sure enough helped me loose weight last time. I had stopped taking it because it is expensive as heck. Also DKR55 mentioned in this thread that stacker 2 was good , I was wondering where I can get that at ? And if there are any people here who have lost weight with stacker2 ? Peace Sonya

Beartozgirl
01-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, Adkins works-I've been on it twice both times loosing 70 to 85 pounds. And my boo been in for a year-and I've gained it ALL back..the nights alone did it! I too am embarrased, but it would not stop me from seeing him. We talked about it, and he said he loves me no matter what. When he comes home I know I will slim down again.

Much love!

jblovesdb
01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes...stacker 2...what a wonderful thing they used to be!!! But honestly...they didn't help me lose one pound!!!!! But they sure gave me enough energy and surpressed my hunger...to bad there is no more ephedra in them:blah: But really...they aren't good for you AT ALL!!!! I used to take them everyday (and whatever else had ephedra in when I ran outta stackers) for 2 years...but they would make my breathing REALLY short and sometimes I couldn't see for a second, everything would go black!!! I thought they were the greatest thing in the world...but I didn't think about the fact that I could barely ever breathe right!!! Anyways...stackers don't have ephedra in them anymore...and from what I have heard...they aren't that good anymore. Hugs:p
-Jackie

chinikfb
01-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Peace....Walking works....increase you intake of water....watch your intake of carbs...eat more fresh veggies and fruit. While watching TV during the commercial breaks...dance like no one is watching. Before meals and thru-out the day...consume lots of water. Blessings...

earthangel184
01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Well i personally am more into the natural way of loosing weight. i gained about 40-50 lbs a couple years ago after i graduated high school, due to a car accident, which broke my left foot and right ankle, it sucked, i couldnt walk for 6 weeks, then crutches for another 3, then walking casts for what seemed like forever. well anyways, back to the original post :)... it doesnt work as quickly as pills or sugary, but i just ate really healthy, and the BIGGEST thing that helped me, was drinking water, lots and lots of water. and cut down on soda and fried foods and take out/fast food. and definently eat in moderation, trust me, i am NOT one to starve my self, i will be the first to admit that i LOVE food,and i LOVE eating it :) lots of luck to you!!!!! hope everything works out the way you want it too!!!!

~ange

flygirlaa2
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Babe, I am on the Atkins diet and have lost over 70 lbs in just a few months. Go buy the book, follow it, it WORKS!

Wow, blast from the past!

I just wanted to say that I stuck with the Atkins and I am down to under 130. I am still following the Atkins lifetime maintenance. One of the wonderful things it has done for me is it has taught me alot about the glycemic index. Now that I am back on large doses of prednisone, I understand the effects of it on my blood sugar and how my body works with the foods I eat and I am not putting on the weight like I have in the past with the steroids.

I am seriously not limited to only eating certain foods, I just have to watch how many or how much I do eat of certain foods. I find it one of the simpliest diets and I was never hungry. Some of the simply things I have learned is if I want to snack on an apple, eat a slice of cheese with it. It helps to keep your blood sugar from spiking.

As for adverse health effects, there were none for me. My heart doctor is the one who recommended it and he has had the opportunity to monitor many people on the Atkins and in his oppinion it is a safe healthy diet.

Here is a pic for you ladies. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/biggamir/Meme/workout.jpg

Lonely
01-05-2005, 12:00 AM
If you go to a health food store there is something called 'Wild Rose Herbal Detox'. It is a great body cleansing program, and a guarantee weight loss. It gets rid of all the toxins in your body that some foods put in. It is pretty cheap too.

Detroit Star
01-05-2005, 12:37 AM
I use to take energy pills, they are afedrine free and they help burn the calories from then foods you eat. But since I became sick I no longer take them because its hard to keep weight on. Also heres another idea, Eat 3 small to moderate meals aday and snacks in between each meal so two snacks of something health. If you want PM me and Ill give you the name of a book you might wanna try. It helped me after my step father left my mom and I. I lost 45lbs in 3 months but I still ate the foods I liked. But back on red meat also, eat more chicken it better. But also still keep the lil goodies like candy, cookie for once a week when you want a pick me up. I have more ideas Ill send cha on PM. Losing weight is a hard, long process but please remember do it for yourself not just him. Kelly

Jillian
01-05-2005, 12:43 AM
You can try pilates i know alot of ppl who have used it and seen results

magical_lady76
01-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Ok I am going to chime in here. I am in the same boat as you. I have gained a lot of weight since my baby went in. This is how I am working mine. I don't have money for Gyms, pills, or paid for diets and why spend that money when I can use it to go see my man or for phone calls or whatever. First of all I decided to learn about myself and I found I was eating things I didn't even really care for such as eggs I like the yolk but not the white now I know the white is healthier but I don't like it so why eat it. I was eating things because that's what I grew up on. Second I am increasing my water intake cause I read that most of us are dehydrated which causes weight problems,
Third I have five kids so I don't have time to measure everything and the Dr says only eat what's in the middle circle of your plate and make sure you have it balanced such as 1 meat, 1 starch, 1 veggie, 1 fruit, 1 bread and make a rule to always drink one coffee cup of water before your meal and one at your meal. 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks =10 8oz glasses of water a day. My favorite advice was God took the seventh day off and you can too.
Last but not least is Exercise. I was told to start out at 5 mins and add 5 mins every week. I'm going to try it and see how it works. I think we all need to get together and do this together if you would be interested in doing a daily support thing i'm willing just msg me. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

RegisSweetness
01-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I Can Understand That You May Feel This Way. My Only Suggestion (And I Hope You Dont Take Offense To This) Is To Lose Weight Cuz You Wanna Do It For You, Not Anyone Else, Cuz If Your Man Loves You He Should Love You At 1000 Lbs Just Like He Would If You Were Only A Size 6. Ultimitley You Have To Be Happy With Yourself First. Just My :twocents:

BigDaddysBaby
01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Fars Babe losing weight "for him", I don't get that impression, nor did I hear her say that. I get the impression that SHE'S not happy with herself so SHE'S not comfortable presenting herself to her husband. That she wants to lose weight because then she'll like what she sees in the mirror which will make her feel more comfortable and happier about presenting herself to her husband. It doesn't sound like it's about him -- it sounds like it's about her, am I right Babe?

I can relate to that, that's why I understand it. My weight goes up and down. I'm comfortable in my shell and love myself. When my weight is on the low what I see in the mirror is "hot stuff" and that's what I want to show my husband so that he can enjoy the view like I do. However, when I'm on the up, I'm not comfortable with myself, I don't like how I look because I know that's not my look and I have taken it as far as not even going to visit when I've been on the up because I didn't want him to see me "fat".

Like Babe, it's not about my husband, but about me and what I'm comfortable with. If I were to tell my husband I wasn't gon make visit because I've put on some weight he'd think I've lost my mind. He tells me I'm not fat, then he points to ladies in the visit room to show me "look at her -- NOW THAT'S FAT; look at her over there -- NOW THAT'S FAT -- Ma, you are not fat -- you look good," and then he'll laugh, grab me and hold me. However, when my weight is on the down, on the low -- when I look at myself in the mirror I want to throw myself on the bed and hit my own skins!! LOL

Babe, because you're looking for a quick fix for the February visit, it might be a good idea to try one of the quick things some of the folks above spoke about. However, I'm lookin at it like this. You've got a year til he's home. I think the best thing for you to do is muscle up some willpower some kind of way to get into a regular exercise with arobic regiment because exercise will work off and shape up what you have. Plus, the more you do, the more you keep it up, like someone said, you get addicted to it. Also, I suggest you get some nutrition books so that you can learn about foods and how they work with our bodies so that you can learn/teach yourself how to eat the foods that work for your body and health. The best way to lose weight, and for good, is to do it naturally.

I'm a phentermine user, and like any other medication, they only work while I'm taking them. Because I've learned how to eat plus I know my body, I know that two weeks of phentermine with a lot of water and eating foods that work with my body and health gets me that "quick cute shape" that I want. I can't take them for longer than 2 weeks straight, and I don't think it's recommended that you do, but that's just me because phentermine isn't for everyone as you've tried it and it won't for you. I know I shouldn't be taking them, that I should muster up some willpower, but like some of the other ladies said, I'll deal more seriously with that when his release date gets closer.

So girl, you got what -- 360 days before he comes home -- best wishes in getting that physique you want. It's gonna be hard because anything worth having you do gotta bust ya butt to get it. If you have to, tape a picture of a woman from a magazine who's figure you'd like to have on the fridge -- whatever will work for you -- get to steppin because Homeslice is short now!! LOL

Just_Callme_Jes
07-27-2006, 12:58 PM
I have been trying to lose weight for years until I came across supplements called Nikken. I have on it for two months now and have lost 25 pounds. I love to eat especially chocolate, actually now I get a bit hungry around noon (I get up at 5 am) and eat some thing small. Even tried those low calorie lunches and I can't stand those, not bad. I eat a small one and am stuffed, I don't eat breakfast because of the supplements I take make me feel way too full, can't even get coffee down. By the time dinner some around I can only eat a small portion. I plan on staying on it for a long time. I want so bad to be skinny again. Can't wait to see what I look like in 6 months. :thumbsup:

Just_Callme_Jes
08-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey you guys, I want to give you an update. Today is Sunday, August 20, 2006 and to date, I have lost all together pounds, yeh!! Wow, I feel so much better. I have the energy I didn't have before, I feel great, am not embarrassed anymore and ready to wear shorts again. I have been way too scared for a very long time. Thanks for reading. You guys!!

Just_Callme_Jes
08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Sorry forgot to tell you how many pounds, 33 so far. I put on my skinny jeans together and I can fit into them and my fat doesn't come over too bad, just enough I can wear a bigger shirt underneathe and you can really tell. That made me feel so good.
I have weighed 260 forever and after weighing my self this morning, I - - - - - - weigh - - - - - - -227.
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW