View Full Version : Wall Unit-Texas Prison - need release info

rleer03
06-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Please help me find out if there is a web site that I may access to find out more information about the Wall Unit where my brother-in-law will be released from on JULY 2ND. We can't wait to have him home.:)

QueenBizzle
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
www.tdcj.state.tx.us
what info are you lookin for? I just picked up husband at the "walls" unit. The walls is the nickname for the Huntsville unit. I can give you directions if you need? The address is 815 12th Street Huntsville, TX 77348

rleer03
06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the site. Trying to find information for my mother-in-law. Have directions. Was wondering if there is a list of what my b-i-l needs to do when he comes home. I know that he has to register just not sure what else. Thanks for any information you can give me.

Kay
06-29-2007, 07:41 PM
He will have to see his parole officer within 24 hours of his release. I took some clothes that would fit better than what they are given to wear home. I also took a toothbrush and paste because what they have to use in there isn't much at all. I had Dr. Peppers on ice and he was happy about that. The most important thing is for him to see his parole officer the next morning after being released. Congrats on the homecoming!

Ashagirl
07-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Good idea Katy...about the toothbrush and toothpaste.

rcgray60
11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Do Anyone Have Direction To The Wall Unit, I Coming From 45 North Houston Way. I Would Appreciate Very Much Thanks
Very Much

RobinsMan
11-25-2007, 08:30 AM
When you get into Huntsville watch carefully for the Hwy 30 exit and exit there. Proceed on down the feeder until you get to Hwy 30 (also 190 and 11th Street) and take a right. I guess a little more than a mile down you will pass Sam Houston Ave (Hwy 75, you can see the county seat bulding on the right) and then begin looking to turn right on Avenue I. Walls is a block south of Hwy 30 between Avenue I and Avenue G. I do not know exactly where the building is where you would wait but it is supposed to be directly across from the main doors to the unit. Maybe someone can come along and explain that or provide any corrections they feel are necessary. There is a sticky in the Coming Home in Texas forum called How To Pick A Loved One Up at the Walls that has good information in it.

jojacks
11-25-2007, 08:40 AM
When you turn onto I or G you will run right into the Walls. There is a parking area for people who are picking up loved ones. Right across from the Walls is a small building where you check in. The people are very nice and helpful. They will tell you which door your loved one will be coming out of.

http://1.uploadmirror.com/uploaded/4/241/glitter_maker_11_25_2007_07_34_48_74299.gif

Missingmyman!
11-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info!! Love the idea of iced down Dr Peppers instead of having to stop at the store! And the toohbrush idea...never thought of that but I know he'll appreciate it!! What is the best time to get there? I thought I read 8am but wanted to make sure! I already can't sleep so I'll probably be there at 6....lol

Kay
11-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Try to be there by 8:00 if you want a parking place because the lot is fairly small and fills up in a hurry. Jason was thrilled with the toothbrush and paste. I know you will be too excited to sleep the night before you pick him up!!!!

rcgray60
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
What Is The Physical Address To The Wall Unit

rcgray60
12-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I WANDERING WOULD IT BE BEST TO SCOPE THE DRIVE BEFORE YOU REALLY GO DOWN THERE TO PICK HIM UP. I STAY IN THE HOUSTON VICINITY AREA

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

rcgray60
12-12-2007, 08:07 AM
ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT HAVE DIRECTION TO THE WALL UNIT, HOW TO GET THERE FROM THE HOUSTON AREA IT WOULD BE MORE APPRECIATE
THANKS
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE
HAPPY NEW YEAR IN 2008

RobinsMan
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
RC. Look above this post to post #7. I posted driving directions and Jojacks added some help in the post below that.