View Full Version : What happens to Parole, if they have a hold?

ldiaz909
06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Long story short, Hunny got arrested in May 2006 in San Bernardino County, he did his time and got transferred to LA County because of a hold, LA County sentenced him to 16 months in State Prison. Well 3 weeks after he left San Bernardino County they put a Misdemeanor warrant on him (for something that happened in there) and a hold he filed a 1381 which the DA/court refused to take action, meaning they are not going to lift the hold. :( He also has a hold out of Orange County for a probation violation.

So my question is, what happens to Parole while he is being transferred from place to place? Can his parole be violated for this?? Is there any way they can eliminate probation, and just leave the parole? Sorry for SO many questions this is the first time dealing with this mess.

Also, He got a letter from LA County Probation (the county he is in prison for) saying if he doesnt report in 5 days he will be in violation of probation.

PLEASE HELP ME :(

ldiaz909
06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow This Is Sad :( It Seems Lately No One Ever Responds To My Posts

Brad'sbabygirl
06-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Just wanted to let you know that someone was here to listen..I'm not sure about your situation and it does seem as though the CA forum does not like to support much.
When he goes in to report they may arrest him.....good luck and I wish that I knew more...try calling a lawyer..they usually give free advice if you find the right one
Just GOOGLE CA criminal Lawyers

ldiaz909
06-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks So much :) I have posted more than a few times about this and they all go unanswered :( But thanks for your support.

Just wanted to let you know that someone was here to listen..I'm not sure about your situation and it does seem as though the CA forum does not like to support much.
When he goes in to report they may arrest him.....good luck and I wish that I knew more...try calling a lawyer..they usually give free advice if you find the right one
Just GOOGLE CA criminal Lawyers

monet420
06-18-2007, 10:24 PM
ldiez909 you might want send a PM to JLS. He has a lot of info...

ldiaz909
06-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks Monet :)

ldiez909 you might want send a PM to JLS. He has a lot of info...

MYHBS4U
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
IMay be able to help u a little my husband & I were just in the same situation he was in state SB court date came & of course he didnt go They did take action on his 1381 though thank GOD BUT then oc had a hold on him for not reg for classes going to court & prob vio. He was in prison duh? He said yes the Parole is suppose to be informed of any holds, & IDEALY shouldnt have any problems but I would say CYA & contact each county court & P.O. to remind them of his holds so that they can handle it BEFORE it goes to warrant status because its harder if they go to warrants.

I hopr that helps al ittle if i can help in any other way just PM or email me & I will get you all info I can K:thumbsup:

shootna45
06-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I think each situation is a little different depending on the county. When my bf was in Chino on a violation he had an outstanding county warrant. Interestingly enough, the PD that discovered his PAL warrant did not find the county warrant. Anyway, he filed a 1381 which was not acted on and had a hold in OC. We did not find this out until the day before he was supposed to be released. Well I immediately started making phone calls and in our case I was able to post bail at the issuing court and he was released from Chino the same day. The whole process took one day. The trick is knowing who to call. Sadly, I don't remember who it was that actually made the difference in this case but I do know it was someone at the County. No one else had ever heard of someone being able to bail an inmate out of prison like I did. Of course, only 1 other person I know was able to get approved for visiting in person either so I guess it is always worth trying to make the impossible possible. His counselor even said that my persistence was impressive. Remember to be nice to whoever you talk to and don't argue with them. It worked for me every time I had to contact someone at both the state and county level.

ldiaz909
06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks, for your help!! I have been trying to contact everone under the sun, and it seems to dead end. My hunny talked to his counselor ( i also called her) We were both told the same thing, she said "there is nothing I can do, for you". :(

dracheswife
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks, for your help!! I have been trying to contact everone under the sun, and it seems to dead end. My hunny talked to his counselor ( i also called her) We were both told the same thing, she said "there is nothing I can do, for you". :(
Ask her who her supervisor is... maybe they will help you since she firmly states that she can't. I've had the most luck getting questions answered through going straight to Sacramento and diligently requesting info... if they can't help me I ask them to refer or transfer me to someone who can. Remember to be firm but nice and even a little personal so the person on the phone can feel like they want to help you. Good luck!

ldiaz909
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks Draches,

I actually found someone to try and help us with the Holds, Now I just need to find someone to help with the parole issue :(

Ask her who her supervisor is... maybe they will help you since she firmly states that she can't. I've had the most luck getting questions answered through going straight to Sacramento and diligently requesting info... if they can't help me I ask them to refer or transfer me to someone who can. Remember to be firm but nice and even a little personal so the person on the phone can feel like they want to help you. Good luck!

MYHBS4U
07-08-2007, 09:51 PM
What exactly is your question re holds? Mine just went through this edxact thing... Rule of thumb is that they hasve 5 working days to pick him up. Depending what county the hold is out of you masy be able to check the internet every so often to find out when he is trans. Also he should be goping to court within 72 hrs. I hope this helped. If I can help anymore please feel free to PM me & we will get intouch.

TRUST me I know its hard but TRY & stay calm.:)

:angry: Help !! can someone help me with a hold issue?? his out date was today but i need to find out whats going on please help me thank you