View Full Version : CSP-Solano Questions

rodwar01
06-16-2007, 12:55 AM
How soon after transfer are inmates allowed to have visits? Besides the dorm setting, what does level II mean? What are the contact visits like? Are the CO's strict? How is the food in the vending machines? How long are the visits? Is the visiting room crowded? Does it ever get full and have to kick people out? What does an inmate hav to do/not do to have friday visits? I have sooo many questions! Please help. I am so excited to be able to hug my baby!!! Finally!

wisewoman
06-16-2007, 08:58 AM
How soon after transfer are inmates allowed to have visits? Besides the dorm setting, what does level II mean? What are the contact visits like? Are the CO's strict? How is the food in the vending machines? How long are the visits? Is the visiting room crowded? Does it ever get full and have to kick people out? What does an inmate hav to do/not do to have friday visits? I have sooo many questions! Please help. I am so excited to be able to hug my baby!!! Finally!I have all the same questions - My fiance got there Thursday. There is an info thread at the top of this forum that gives some basic data, but doesn't seem to be too many that post from Solano here??? I wish every prison had their own forum. I would keep the Solano one alive for sure!!! My guy is in a dorm setting too - a middle bunk (they call cubbie holes). It is very crowded but from what I hear the atmosphere is really laid back and the COs are pretty cool - and when he called yesterday he told me he's actually really happy that he got sent there - even though it is EIGHT hours away from me!:( We haven't had our first contact visit yet and now I have to take time off of work to even get up to see him - not to mention hotel costs, gas, etc. This wasn't quite what I was expecting!! I will be your 'Solano Buddy' if you want!:D Where did your man get sent from??? How long will he be there? It looks like he is close to where you live - that is great for you guys!!! I hear that visiting can be crowded and depending on what bldg, you may have to take a shuttle to get to the visiting room where your guy is. Level II means that he is in a less 'controlled' environment with other men who have similar amounts of points (the way they classify how to house and supervise our men) as him. PM me if you ever want to talk or compare notes!

Kim

TogetherForever
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
How soon after transfer are inmates allowed to have visits? Besides the dorm setting, what does level II mean? What are the contact visits like? Are the CO's strict? How is the food in the vending machines? How long are the visits? Is the visiting room crowded? Does it ever get full and have to kick people out? What does an inmate hav to do/not do to have friday visits? I have sooo many questions! Please help. I am so excited to be able to hug my baby!!! Finally!

As soon as my husband arrived at Solano I was there the following weekend. If you drive more than 250 miles to visit then they will not terminate the visit they will call your name but you just show them the paper with your name and address and you will not lose your visit. Level II means that is the level he is based on his points...my husband was level III, doesnt mean much, but the lower the points the lower the level. We had contact visits and family visits, they are good you can kiss him and hug him right when you arrive but not alot of touching after that you both can hold hands walking around the visiting room, they dont like to to sit too close and the co's are watching constantly. Some of the co's are nice and some are rude (very rude) just stick to the rules and you guys will be ok. They have several vending machines the food is ok...i always ate the boneless hot wings, they have sodas, candy, ice cream, yogurt, chips, hot sandwitches, cold sandwitches, its not that bad. The visiting room does get crowded, its been crowded everytime ive been there and they start calling names to terminate, but remember if you have driven more than 250 miles you will not lose your visit. Im not to sure about friday visits, i think they begin around 1PM and end around 8PM....get more info on that. Good luck to you ladies and God Bless.

TogetherForever
06-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah...you can take $30 each day in dollar bills or quarters...you also can take pictures (the tickets are called duckets and they cost $2). They are very strict on clothing very strict so make sure you follow the guidelines. You cant take hardly anything in not even the alarm on your key chain, just the keys only, the money and your id.

A line begins outside the prison as early as 2AM...they let you in about 6:45 AM - 7AM and hand you a piece of paper with a number on it. Then you go to the top of the hill and wait for your number to be called.

Also you will be going through a medal detecter and you will not get through as long as it keeps going off...so make sure that you dont have anything that will keep making it go off, they will make no exceptions.

I cant think of anything else. Enjoy your visits and be safe.

TogetherForever
06-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I have all the same questions - My fiance got there Thursday. There is an info thread at the top of this forum that gives some basic data, but doesn't seem to be too many that post from Solano here??? I wish every prison had their own forum. I would keep the Solano one alive for sure!!! My guy is in a dorm setting too - a middle bunk (they call cubbie holes). It is very crowded but from what I hear the atmosphere is really laid back and the COs are pretty cool - and when he called yesterday he told me he's actually really happy that he got sent there - even though it is EIGHT hours away from me!:( We haven't had our first contact visit yet and now I have to take time off of work to even get up to see him - not to mention hotel costs, gas, etc. This wasn't quite what I was expecting!! I will be your 'Solano Buddy' if you want!:D Where did your man get sent from??? How long will he be there? It looks like he is close to where you live - that is great for you guys!!! I hear that visiting can be crowded and depending on what bldg, you may have to take a shuttle to get to the visiting room where your guy is. Level II means that he is in a less 'controlled' environment with other men who have similar amounts of points (the way they classify how to house and supervise our men) as him. PM me if you ever want to talk or compare notes!

Kim

Gosh I wish I wouldve met you back then...my husband comes home tomorrow in fact im on my way up there tonight. I am 7 hours from Solano, well atleast your visits will not be terminated due to the over 250 miles...from what my husband says its pretty bad up there right now...he's level III. The hispanics and the blacks are having some issues...he said they are on lockdown and they let the blacks out on Tuesday and Thursday and the Hispanics out on Monday and Wednesday...Friday Saturday and Sunday are lockdown unless you get a visit....maybe its different in the dorm my husband was in the dorm when he first got there, middle bunk too and he's 6'3 240lbs (imagine that) but he did not like the dorm too loud and too many ppl and hot and funky! Some do take shuttles it depends on what yard there on but when my honey was in the dorm we visited in the regular visiting room and theres no outside the whole visiting time. I know what you mean about costs. I had to have over $200 just to go see him for the weekend. Sometimes i would sleep in the car cuz couldnt afford the room. Im just so glad its over and i will keep all you ladies in prayer cuz i know how it is. God Bless

wisewoman
06-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Gosh I wish I wouldve met you back then...my husband comes home tomorrow in fact im on my way up there tonight. I am 7 hours from Solano, well atleast your visits will not be terminated due to the over 250 miles...from what my husband says its pretty bad up there right now...he's level III. The hispanics and the blacks are having some issues...he said they are on lockdown and they let the blacks out on Tuesday and Thursday and the Hispanics out on Monday and Wednesday...Friday Saturday and Sunday are lockdown unless you get a visit....maybe its different in the dorm my husband was in the dorm when he first got there, middle bunk too and he's 6'3 240lbs (imagine that) but he did not like the dorm too loud and too many ppl and hot and funky! Some do take shuttles it depends on what yard there on but when my honey was in the dorm we visited in the regular visiting room and theres no outside the whole visiting time. I know what you mean about costs. I had to have over $200 just to go see him for the weekend. Sometimes i would sleep in the car cuz couldnt afford the room. Im just so glad its over and i will keep all you ladies in prayer cuz i know how it is. God BlessOh wow - how exciting for you ... congratulations and best wishes to both of you!! Can't wait to be in the same position. I wish I had a pal down here to share travel and costs with too. :( I am a single mom raising 5 kids, so money's an issue! I know that the conditions will get to him eventually - right now I just think he's so happy to be out of reception (almost 5 months of it!) - so I will save some money and go see him when things start getting stressful for him!!!:D Have a VERY safe trip up there - do you have any good tips on where to stay,etc. for us road warriors??? Happy Homecoming!

William'sBaby
06-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah...you can take $30 each day in dollar bills or quarters...you also can take pictures (the tickets are called duckets and they cost $2). They are very strict on clothing very strict so make sure you follow the guidelines. You cant take hardly anything in not even the alarm on your key chain, just the keys only, the money and your id.

A line begins outside the prison as early as 2AM...they let you in about 6:45 AM - 7AM and hand you a piece of paper with a number on it. Then you go to the top of the hill and wait for your number to be called.

Also you will be going through a medal detecter and you will not get through as long as it keeps going off...so make sure that you dont have anything that will keep making it go off, they will make no exceptions.

I cant think of anything else. Enjoy your visits and be safe.

The info in red is no longer correct. You are not supposed to line up on Peabody Road anymore. The police are giving out tickets to those that do in those early morning hours.

At 7am, the cars are allowed onto the prison grounds. You have to park your car and then walk up to the onning, get in line, and then they will give you a pass. Same goes for Fridays. You are allowed on the grounds at 12pm, then you may go get in the line under the onning.

Please read the CSP-Solano Guide (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915) for more info on visitation. :thumbsup:

William'sBaby:heart:

William'sBaby
06-18-2007, 03:38 PM

My husband was transferred to Solano on a Wednesday, and I was able to visit that Friday after he arrived (two days later). If you were already approved to visit when he was at another prison before Solano, you can visit him right away.

If an inmate gets into trouble, he's not allowed to have Friday visits. That means no fights, etc. Even getting in trouble in the visiting room (not following rules) will get an inmate a 115 (formal write up), and he will lose his Friday visits for 90 days, and his sat/sunday visits for 30 days or more.

I got terminated on Sunday because it was Father's day and very crowded. As someone else stated, if you drive over 250 miles and/or have not had a visit in the last 30 days, you will not be terminated. I was number 90 something, and I was still on the termination list, but I visit every weekend.

The food is ok, COs are fair the majority of the time, and the visiting room is pretty comfortable. There is a patio on the "A" side which is nice to have. "A" side is for inmates on yards 3&4.

Anyway, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

JiniGurl
06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Well Ladies this was all very informative...I'll be looking into the Solano Guide more thoroughly cuz I want to make sure my visit will go as smoothly as possible. Is the waiting line really that bad? I hope not...I don't want to be terminated during a visit:( Any info given will be greatly appreciated especially to a new comer to the Solano Prison.

Thanks and God Bless!

davidandbridget
09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
He was just transferred Thursday. I have a ton of questions, so does he. I was just approved for visits when he was at DVI, so i scheduled a visit with him on Sunday. I read through the guide, but I'm still uncertain how the visits work. How long can you stay for a contact visit? What is the hill, that you have to wait on? He's also received something about his classification, he wanted fire camp, is that still possible? He's in the gym, is this only temporary? Will they move him? lots and lots of questions. Do they have a level 1 at Solano, he's 2 points away from being a level 1....please help!!!!

setvasq
10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
helLo ladies..

this forum is very informant..
i aswell got transferred last thursday form North Kern. Is the trip up there really ruff.. like the roads? i see that my drive up there would be approx 7hrs.. WOW.. thats not what i was hoping..but for our love ones anything is possible..
well ladies thanx for all the info.. its very usefull..

wisewoman
10-03-2007, 09:58 PM
the drive is fairly straight and easy ... just long! ;)

jmbaby
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
There is an info thread at the top of this forum that gives some basic data, but doesn't seem to be too many that post from Solano here???

Kim

We do need a forum for Solano. How do we start a forum? :confused:

sxycali209
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I Agree Jmbaby. How Do We Go About That?

jmbaby
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I am not sure how to start a forum for Solano. If anyone knows let me know. Thanks in advance

bondservant
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
hi guys, my guys is catching thew next chain outta CCC- to other solano or soledad(he says) so maybe I will see you soon-I was looking for a forum and where is THIS PRISON??????????
so please start one ladies- that would be awesome!!!!!THIS will be my very first visit I just got approved- and was supposed to go this sat- but I hear the bus is coming on thurs.............?

dreanluis
10-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Hello ladies! well my honey was just transferred to this prison this morning. I thought he was transferred to CMF..but he wasnt they made an error. Anyways i wanted to know if i could visit him this weekend..and how do i go about connecting my celly to get phone calls? please help!

bondservant
10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
drove past soledad n my way back from susanville this weekend-
its only about 6-7 hours away from l.a-
looks like a tiny town- so make reservations ahead of time for rooms-

RICKY'SWIFEY14
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
HELLO LADIES, SO MY MAN IS GETTING TRANSFFERED TO SOLANO, FROM SOLEDAD CTF, HIS POINTS HAVE DROPED AND NOW HE WILL BE A LEVEL TWO AND HE WILL BE GOING TO SOLANO IN NOVEMBER OR SO THEY SAY..I AM COMING FROM A PRISON WHERE I REGULARLY VISIT AND THEY ARE SO KICK BACK ON EVERYTHING AND THEY HAVE PIZZA, A LOT OF GOOD FOOD A VENDER BRINGS IT IN FOR US...AND SOLANO SEEMS VERY STRICK AND ONLY VENDING MACHINES..AND I KNOW TERMINATIONS ARE ALWAYS GOING ON AT CTF IS THAT HOW IT IS AT SOLANO???? I KNOW I AM ONLY AN HOUR AWAY MAYBE LESS SO FOR SURE ALL BE GETTING TERMINATED.. DOES EVERY YARD HAVE A DIFFRENT VISITING ROOM??? ARE ONLY DORMS AVAILABLE FOR LEVEL TWO INMATES?? BECAUSE MY MAN CAN'T STAND DORMS..

jmbaby
10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello Vanessa, It is laid back at Solano. So far I have not had any problems with any of th CO's. They have all been very nice. From the CO's in processing to the CO's in the visiting room. They only have vending machine food. They do have pizza but it is frozen. They start terminating when it the visiting room is packed. It has not been packed for a long time because the blacks have been on lockdown for four months and the northen and southern hispanics were also on lockdown for a while. Before they start terminating they ask if anyone is willing to volunter to end their visit. There are quite a few who do end their visit. There are four yards in Solano. Yards 1 and 2 share a visiting room. Yards 3 and 4 have their own visiting room. If your man is in yard 3 or 4, then you will have to take a shuttle to the other side. Once you process you take the shuttle over. If he goes to yards 1 or 2 you can just walk straight to the visiting room from the processing area. It's a small place compared to other prisons. I'm not sure about the dorms. But I think because your man is a level two more than likely he will have to go to the dorms. They want to send my boyfriend to the dorms because his points are low. He does not want to go to the dorms. Oh another thing, when you do go visit in Solano you can not be on the grounds before 7 am. You can not park in front of the prison or else the Vacaville police will give you a ticket. Other than that Solano is pretty much laid back.

dreanluis
10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
do any of you know if we can wear gray dress pants?

jmbaby
10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I wore a grey skirt. The CO's (Solano) did not tell me anything. I don't know how it is at other prisons.

dreanluis
10-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Okay..im just scared about the dress code there. I found my outfit for this sunday, i dont really care about how i look all i care about is not setting off the metal detector and it being appropriate. maybe someone can help me? I bought these hot pink sweats (they go up to a below my knee), they are not very loose but not that tight, and a black sweatshirt. can someone please le tme know if this will pass through the 'inspection.' Im bringing our son for the first time and im nervous so i want everything to go right!

jmbaby
10-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Are you going to Solano? You will pass. Let me tell you I have seen some girls wear clothes that were skin tight, they went through. Also it depends what mood the SO's are in. Lately it has been so relaxed. I feel so bad, the blacks on yard 1 have been on lockdown for 4 months. So when you go in to process the CO's are sitting around talking eating lunch waiting to "work."

bondservant
10-19-2007, 08:40 PM
ok error correction i posted about sdoledad above-lol=
im delerious- we dont know if he's going to soledad or solano yet- he wants to go to solano- beacuse he thinks they still have sap program ???do they- he's on a 3 at susanville and they gave him transfer papers a way back(month) but did not cACTCH LAST BUS.......and where the heck is solano????????? HOW FAR FROM orangecounty area? THANKS GIRLS

dreanluis
10-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I know! I wonder how long they will be on lock down!!? that really sucks for hte girls who want to visit their honey! :( .... Well i hope i pass im soo nervous im taking my baby with me for the first time!! I think pink and black are safe colors!! haha! hmmm...bondservant i think orange county is like LA right? well i know la is about 5 hours from san jose, and san jose is approx 1hr and 30min away from solano so i would safely say about 7 hours.

setvasq
10-20-2007, 12:17 AM
I can safely say solano is like 7hrs from orangecounty like (dreanluis) says below.. i live in san bernardino and it took be about 7hrs to get there.. and it was about 470miles from my house.:( :( :mad: .. it was hella far... but it was so worth every mile.. i got to kiss, touch, talk, arrgueee,, cry, smile, laugh:D, kick his ass..lol.. distance means nothing when they mean so much. our visit was priceless.. im sure you gurls aaggreeeee!!

ok error correction i posted about sdoledad above-lol=
im delerious- we dont know if he's going to soledad or solano yet- he wants to go to solano- beacuse he thinks they still have sap program ???do they- he's on a 3 at susanville and they gave him transfer papers a way back(month) but did not cACTCH LAST BUS.......and where the heck is solano????????? HOW FAR FROM orangecounty area? THANKS GIRLS

bondservant
10-20-2007, 11:55 AM
well I can safely say- that driving seven hours- will be a reprieve after just driving 13n hlf hours for my first visit to susanville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but where is solano???
can u help me help w/that so I canlook it up-? thanks and is hard to visit white level 3's or do they behave and get visits(contact?) or on lockdowns alot?? thanks for all the info=

cnk
10-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Solano is at 2100 Peabody Rd. in Vacaville. Vacaville is on I-80, between San Francisco and Sacramento. And white level 3's have not been on lockdown very often since my husband has been there--that was last December. He is on yard 2.

bondservant
10-20-2007, 03:30 PM
thanks

RICKY'SWIFEY14
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello Vanessa, It is laid back at Solano. So far I have not had any problems with any of th CO's. They have all been very nice. From the CO's in processing to the CO's in the visiting room. They only have vending machine food. They do have pizza but it is frozen. They start terminating when it the visiting room is packed. It has not been packed for a long time because the blacks have been on lockdown for four months and the northen and southern hispanics were also on lockdown for a while. Before they start terminating they ask if anyone is willing to volunter to end their visit. There are quite a few who do end their visit. There are four yards in Solano. Yards 1 and 2 share a visiting room. Yards 3 and 4 have their own visiting room. If your man is in yard 3 or 4, then you will have to take a shuttle to the other side. Once you process you take the shuttle over. If he goes to yards 1 or 2 you can just walk straight to the visiting room from the processing area. It's a small place compared to other prisons. I'm not sure about the dorms. But I think because your man is a level two more than likely he will have to go to the dorms. They want to send my boyfriend to the dorms because his points are low. He does not want to go to the dorms. Oh another thing, when you do go visit in Solano you can not be on the grounds before 7 am. You can not park in front of the prison or else the Vacaville police will give you a ticket. Other than that Solano is pretty much laid back. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR INFORMATION...MY MAN IS A NORTHERN HISPANIC LEVEL TWO ARE THEY ON LOCK DOWN RIGTH NOW???? THEY TOLD HIM HE WILL BE AT SOLANO IN TWO WEEKS SO WILL SEE WHAT GOES DOWN.... SO I KNOW YOU HAVE TO UPDATE YOUR VISITING FORM EVERY TWO YEARS AND IT'S COMING UP DO I HAVE TO DO THAT AT SOLANO???? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP...:D

dreanluis
10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
hmm well my honey is in level two and he is in yard three and they are not on lock down, i just went to visit him today and everything is going fine from what i see. All i do know is that the african americans are on lock down.

Sunflower76
10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Ricky'sWifey,

I've never had to renew, update or reapply for visiting in 16 years, the last 5 at Solano. You should be good!

Unless.....this is new?

RICKY'SWIFEY14
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM
had a quick question do they have family visits at solano???? and does anyone know for how many days???? i get them now at ctf....but i was just wondering if anyone knew....cause i know they are different in all prisons thanks for the info...:p

v:)

bondservant
10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
girls is the SAP program still in existence there?
and does level 3 have contact visits ?
thank -you-
were still waiting on the chain......

beeber
11-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello. I will be going down to Salono tomorrow. What is the address that i need to look up tomorrow. Im going to the one that is P.O. 4000, Iheard there is two different ones. So, you can't wear nothing too tight? I am asking cause i was planning on wearing some black skinny jeans.. think thats to much? What do they consider too tight.. ? Well if someone can just help me out with the address, that would be great. Im excited, its' been like 7 months since i seen my friend

wisewoman
11-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello. I will be going down to Salono tomorrow. What is the address that i need to look up tomorrow. Im going to the one that is P.O. 4000, Iheard there is two different ones. So, you can't wear nothing too tight? I am asking cause i was planning on wearing some black skinny jeans.. think thats to much? What do they consider too tight.. ? Well if someone can just help me out with the address, that would be great. Im excited, its' been like 7 months since i seen my friend

The actual prison is on Peabody Rd. in Vacaville - I don't remember the number, but it's in the 2000's somewhere. Black jeans are fine - just make sure they don't look blue. As for tight ... no worries. Solano is very laid back about the dress code - you'll be fine, just no see through shirts and nothing solid grey.

Tricksie2645
11-02-2007, 11:20 PM

Hi, welcome to Solano. If you go to this link, it will give you a lot of information including dress code and driving directions.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915

William'sBaby
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
girls is the SAP program still in existence there?
and does level 3 have contact visits ?
thank -you-
were still waiting on the chain......

Yes, the SAP program is available at SOLANO. And level 3 inmates do have contact visits, as long as they are not on lockdown. :thumbsup:

bondservant
11-09-2007, 10:23 AM
thanks girls for all your help-
but suprise suprise we did not go to either prison on his endorsement aper- PRAiSE GOD HE ALLOWED US THE GRACE TO BE MOVED CLOSER TO ONE aNOTHER-
he just was moved to ISP- might not be the greatest facility been then what is??? lol- I hear hey have alot of vocational programs and its only 3 hours away -amen- i pray you all have safe trips and blessed vsits and your time goes peacefully and smoothly and according to His will-
Be Blessed-