View Full Version : Probation Violation Info

superchad020705
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
This is a probation violation question not really a prison inmate question...Hope someone can help. I'm from Iowa and am very familiar with there probation system. I have recently been put on probation in Missouri I have dropped a dirty UA and have not been violated yet any info on probation violation experience in Missouri?????:banghead: :new:

superchad020705
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I have posted this once and I beleive it was in the wrong forum. So here I am again. Like I said I am new to this. Anyway I'm from Iowa and am very familiar with the probation system there. I have recently be placed on Probation in Missouri. I have recently dropped a dirty UA and would like to know what kind of violation I could be facing??? Any input would be great...:banghead: :new:

mjd
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
It all depends on your probation officer and what he or she choose to do. It can be any from sending you to drug treament classes all the way to revoking your probation and sending you to prison. That is if your probation had that type of violation were they could revoke it.

I wish you luck

Christy
06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree, it's up to the PO. You may catch a break, but you may not. I don't know that much about probation, so I don't know the answer to that question. Sorry. I wish I was more help.

(ps: I am going to move this to a better place where it will get more info and combine it with your other post.)

ang863
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes, it's up to your PO and it also depends where you live. If you're in StL, they tend to let more slide by there as long as you work and don't get arrested. Most people I know are just sent to out patient treatment or classes on the first dirty. Then on the 2nd one, hubby got house arrest, then inpatient treatment - which he left on the 3rd day when he was supposed to stay there for 30 days. When he failed to do the 30 treatment, they violated him and he went back to prison for 7 months. However, I've seen some PO's let 5-7 violations go before violating the person.

superchad020705
07-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your input. I have a court date on 8-2-07 for a violation hearing. I will let you know how they handle it. If you don't hear from me you will know it wasn't good.

Christy
07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, the very best of luck to you and I hope to see you on here posting an update later in the day on 8/2

MountainMom
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, the very best of luck to you and I hope to see you on here posting an update later in the day on 8/2

I was thinking the same thing. Work hard and have positive thoughts in the process.

shadowwally
08-02-2007, 03:50 AM
My boyfriend was on three years probation or parole? for three years. he did the shock and d/a treatment. it's been one year and he's been doing well, but two weeks ago he slapped a girl and got charged with battery class c misdemeanor and told his po that he had had a couple of beers. his po told me he will probably go back and do three years for contact with police and drinking. i'm so darn sad. help with feedback info or positive information. i've posted this in two threads because i really need somethhing to hold on to. thanks.

Christy
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
My boyfriend was on three years probation or parole? for three years. he did the shock and d/a treatment. it's been one year and he's been doing well, but two weeks ago he slapped a girl and got charged with battery class c misdemeanor and told his po that he had had a couple of beers. his po told me he will probably go back and do three years for contact with police and drinking. i'm so darn sad. help with feedback info or positive information. i've posted this in two threads because i really need somethhing to hold on to. thanks.

Welcome to PTO and the Missouri forum.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. He probably won't do the whole 3 years in prison, but about 1/2 or less, depending on his actions inside, of it. Don't take that as gospel, but it could happen. He will go to a low level prison where the only things the offenders are interested in is getting done and going home.

superchad020705
08-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello all sorry it has taken so long to get back to you about my violation court date. They have rescheduled it until September 21, 2007. Every one says that is good. The p.o. has requested that I see him 2x's a month, meet with my treatement counselor once a week and level down in my drug treatment. All of which I have done prior to my last court date in August. By the time my next court date rolls around I will only have a little over 2mnts left of my treatment. So everyone has told me not to worry about the violation. The judge will see that I have complied with probation and parole and I will be continued on in my program. I hope so. Pray for me and I'll keep you all informed.

MountainMom
08-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope all of this is good news for you. Remember, you need to do this for you not just because the court wants you too. I hope this is something you can stick with and move forward in your life. Good luck superchad

Christy
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Hello all sorry it has taken so long to get back to you about my violation court date. They have rescheduled it until September 21, 2007. Every one says that is good. The p.o. has requested that I see him 2x's a month, meet with my treatement counselor once a week and level down in my drug treatment. All of which I have done prior to my last court date in August. By the time my next court date rolls around I will only have a little over 2mnts left of my treatment. So everyone has told me not to worry about the violation. The judge will see that I have complied with probation and parole and I will be continued on in my program. I hope so. Pray for me and I'll keep you all informed.

Well, Superchad...good luck to you and good thoughts coming your way! I hope that you don't have to go to prison and get as much out of the treatment as you can. Good for you.