View Full Version : Ordering CDs for Solano??

Tricksie2645
06-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Barnes and Noble is listed as an approved vendor for Solano, and I know I can order books from them any time. What about CDs? Can you order anything that Barnes and Noble lists like board games, etc (within reason, of course)? Has anyone had any experience with this? :confused:

William'sBaby
06-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Barnes and Noble is listed as an approved vendor for Solano, and I know I can order books from them any time. What about CDs? Can you order anything that Barnes and Noble lists like board games, etc (within reason, of course)? Has anyone had any experience with this? :confused:

You can only order books and magazines from Barnes and Noble. No games, cds, etc. Those have to be ordered in the inmate's quarterly package from one of the other approved vendors. See the CSP-Solano Guide (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915) for the approved vendors. :thumbsup:

William'sBaby:heart:

Tricksie2645
06-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I did put a couple cds in the quarterly I just ordered, so that'll have to do him. I know that in DVI one Mom sent her son cds after he mainlined there, but wasn't sure about Solano. Too many rules for my little tired brain.:eek:

William'sBaby
06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
If you are ever unsure, contact either the mailroom or the R&R department at Solano. You can find those phone numbers listed in the Solano Guide (see my last post for the link). Someone in one of those departments can give you the info you need if you cannot find the answer on PTO.

Tricksie2645
06-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks, William'sBaby. He isn't there right now, but hopefully will be back soon. I haven't had much luck with calling the mailroom. Everytime I call I get voice mail, but never get a call back.

lovedbyNJ
06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
CDs from barnes and noble work fine and they accept them like books: anytime. This has been my experience at solano for the past year.

wisewoman
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
CDs from barnes and noble work fine and they accept them like books: anytime. This has been my experience at solano for the past year.God, that would be GREAT!!!! I'm almost afraid to try though. If they won't accept them do they just get sent back and the money credited to your account???

William'sBaby
06-19-2007, 05:42 PM
lovedbyNJ: CDs from barnes and noble work fine and they accept them like books: anytime. This has been my experience at solano for the past year.

That is interesting cause I called SOLANO and they told me that you can only send CDs in a quarterly package. I guess it depends on who opens the package. Just be aware that your package could be returned.

Tricksie2645
06-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the input. When he gets back there (he's at county for court right now), I'll get brave and try it. I'll post here with the results, either way. I did try three or four times to get through to the mail room, but never seem to get past the voicemail. Oh well.