View Full Version : Albemarle Correctional Center

destinyprevails
06-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone have any good news/bad news about the facility? Thats where my soon to be husband is at now. Thanks!

devoted2chris
06-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Everything I have heard is that the prison is pretty laid back and the inmates there are fairly low key. I hear they are lienent with visits and phone calls, but then my friend was there years ago and it might have changed over the years. Hopefully someone will come along who has a loved one there now.

MsAkbar
06-09-2007, 10:11 PM
My husband was there and the phones go off at 10pm and I believe the calls were 15 minutes he said no but I remembered 15 minutes, I could be wrong though? Also I think the calls were unlimited.

karhop
06-10-2007, 07:07 PM
My husband just left Albemarle Correctional Institute in April. While others have had positive experiences, since the new superintendant took over in October, I can not relay one positive story. Even though my husband went from being only 30 miles away to 113 miles away, it is the greatest blessing I could have asked for. When my husband first went to Albemarle in 2004, the atmosphere was relaxed, but the times changed. I would leave crying, not because of not having my husband but because the heartless individuals that work there. My husband sent me a list of horror stories of things that happen behind the walls. Things he never wanted to share with me because he felt my not knowing would be better. I hope that you have a much better experience, but in my opinion, until the super intendent goes, it will only get worse.

destinyprevails
09-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Well My Husband(soon to be) has been there since June and I can tell you that we have been through some stuff! When I first went to visit, the first time was good. But as I went back I saw they picked at little stuff. They said something about my shoes, which were in code(they just wanted to pick) and then we were sitting at the table holding hands and they said we couldnt do that, but everyone else was. My husband is an outspoken guy and they know it, so some of the CO's were pressing buttons. Then one CO asked him about me, making smart comments dealing with race. Im white and hes black so that plays a role there too. I have dealt with the little "crap" and ignored it because hes there and I want to see him, but he will be out in three weeks and I never will have to deal with them again!

laydlyke
10-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I know some of the CO's at Albemarle (I live near there) and yes, racism is crazy there. The co's that I know are butt-holes. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

mrs13000558
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
my soon to be husband is there right now and there is one CO that handles visits there and she is REALLY nice and so is his caseworker but everyone else there is rude and cold. Hes in seg right now and has been recommended for intensive control if anyone knows who I should talk to about it that would really help.

ROCKINROBIN
06-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Anyone have any good news/bad news about the facility? Thats where my soon to be husband is at now. Thanks!
My brother just got sent to this camp and he really has not said alot to me about it other than they do not have air condition and it sucks. I sure there is other things but he has not told me so that I don;t worry.:blah: