View Full Version : airports near Milton, FL (Santa Rosa CI)

surfsandnsun01
06-05-2007, 06:20 PM
hi, does anyone know of any airports near or in milton fl. i am looking to go to santa rosa annex to visit my dad, thank you.

Florida Girl
06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Surf - Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS) is the closest. Delta flies direct out of Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and has a 7:00am flight that gets in (with the time time) at 7:55am on Saturday and outbound that leaves at 5:55pm on Sunday that gets back in FLL at 8:35pm.

According to mapquest, SARCI is about 20-30 min from the airport.

just_waiting
06-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Pensacola is the closest airport to Milton, I tried for months to find one closer. Also, try Air Tran, their flights are usually cheaper than the others, and you can get a better deal if you book on Wednesdays, that is when they put up their web specials. The planes are small, so it probably won't be the most comfortable flight, but they do cost alot less than the rest of the airlines. I can fly from Ohio to Pensacola, round trip, on AirTran for about 300.00, with all the other airlines it was closer to 500.00. Make sure you book the ticket 14 days in advance, and try to do it on Wednesdays before noon.

EnigmaInFL
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM
As one who travels extensively (50,000+ air miles per year), you can often find the best deals at the last minute by going to the website for the airline of your choice. Pensacola, while not a huge market, is serviced by most of the majors including AirTran, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, and USAirways. AirTran’s fleet is all Boeing 717’s and 737’s, both 100+ passenger twin jet aircraft. The others service Pensacola with either their mainline carrier or their regional partners (American Eagle, Continental Express, Delta Connection, USAirways Express, etc.) but most of these operate 50+ seat regional jets which aren’t bad at all. AirTran does have some phenomenal last minute web only specials. I fly to Philadelphia quiet often on weekends and many times have found last minute web specials of $140 round trip for non-stops out of Orlando. But you really need to look every day and sometimes several times a day because the prices are VERY fluid and can change on a moments notice and/or several times throughout the day depending on how a particular flight is selling. The risk of course is waiting to long for a price you like and being faced with a price you don’t particularly care for. Most all major carriers will throw out a web special just to fill the empty seats, and the closer the flight is the more likely you are to find them. An empty seat earns no revenue whereas a seat with a discounted body in it does. The 14 day advance can usually be a safe route to go, but it’s not always the end-all be-all and usually holds true best for heavily traveled routes or routes with multiple flights per day; like say MCO-JFK or MCO-ATL. Being that Pensacola isn’t a huge market relatively speaking, which is why it’s mainly serviced by the regional partners, the 14 day advance might very well be your best bet. Also because it’s not a huge market, the prices will tend to be higher then they would be for going twice the distance to a larger market; say MIA-JFK.

I just did a quick search on Delta for a one way flight from Melbourne (small market) to Atlanta (huge market) on 7/1 and got a price of $329 whereas to fly one way from Orlando (huge market) to Atlanta (huge market) on the same day the price is $179. So keep in mind the market on both ends plays a HUGE role in the price. <Supply and Demand 101>

Lastly, if you plan on making the flight often; sign up for their frequent flyer programs (no charge to sign up). AirTran for instance works off a point system, eight points (8 one way or 4 round trips) and you just got yourself a free coach ticket. Rent a car from Hertz for the weekend while you’re at your destination gets you .5 points. In just a few trips you get a freebie.

Best of luck.

niuyoricanpr
06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I was checking flights to Century, Fl. and like Milton,the closest airport like the other ladies say is Pensacola. I found flight, hotel and car for 3 days for only $440 which after much research i think is great. This of course, traveling in July. Researched for June and since we r already on the 5th, the cost is much higher (587.00). Just some info. to share.:)

niuyoricanpr
06-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Enigma: Thanks so much for the info. Being that i plan to travel frequently to Pensacola, it helps to know all this. Will keep this in mind. Thanks, again.:D

surfsandnsun01
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
what websit did u use for that?

thank you.

niuyoricanpr
06-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Surf: I found it in Travelocity. Flight + hotel + car=$ 384.46 + $56.32 Tax = $ 440.76

janaroux727
06-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, Pensacola is the closest but you might want to also check Ft. Walton Beach and Mobile airports (since the prison isn't far off interstate 10).

With any airport, if you book your flight a six weeks ahead of time, you'll get a great discount.... saving about $200.

niuyoricanpr
06-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Thank you very much Janaroux727: It didn't ocurred to me to fly up to Mobile, that's a good alternative.:thumbsup:

Don Quixote
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Dothan AL is smaller, but it is about the same distance from Milton as Mobile AL is (different direction).

(Doing) Time
06-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Just an FYI for Century CI visitors...

Mobile, AL is about 45 minutes to an hour away from Pensacola and Pensacola is a 45 miles run from Century.

(Doing) Time :cuffs: