View Full Version : House Bill for Parolable (sp) lifers in Michigan

ilovecharles
05-30-2007, 12:10 AM
2007 Senate Bill 541 (Revise parole considerations for certain prisoners

Introduced by Sen. Michael Switalski on May 25, 2007, to revise the provision establishing that a convict serving a life sentence WITH the possibility of parole becomes eligible for consideration for parole after 10 years, and that the parole board is required to interview the prisoner at that time. The bill would require that the parole board consider parole based on the criteria used to evaluate all other prisoners, and not let the fact that the prisoner is sentenced to life negatively affect the prisoner's parole guidelines score.

Referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 25, 2007.http://www.michiganvotes.com/Legislation.aspx?ID=53633

max*b*free
05-30-2007, 05:38 AM
North Carolina passed a simular bill in 95. It got me paroled on my life term. NC stated that any inmate eligible for parole should be given any and all consideration unless the board felt the inmate was a threat to society still. Quite a few old heads were freed. Hope it does the same for MI. Peace.

Lions Heart
06-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I hope it does the same for us as well. Something needs to change. I hope this bill makes it through without getting stuck on someone's desk or without public outcry. It only makes sense.