View Full Version : south bay

dineen
09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Help I need to know how inmates or treated at the south baycf in florida

DollarBillsWife
01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
i heard its good bc its privage. so inmates there aint that bad....

Demonsgirl
02-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Demon got moved to South Bay a few months ago. He said that it is a good camp for lifers or inmates looking at alot of time because they have some good programs to offer. He only has a few more years so it's not a good camp for him, Not to mention he is 3 hours away from me compared to the 45 minutes he was before he got moved! He also said that there are alot of drugs around the compound.

JackieFlorida
02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
You can find good or bad anyplace - inside or out - you can be stagnant or work towards betterment where ever you are - and members of the DOC are like flies on the walls of all forums. My husband told me that SB was better and worse than other places. He wanted to be transferred there for years because they were known for their good food - but he found out that it is the same as all the other camps. He is not as stressed there - the guards can be sued because it is a private facility - which really makes a difference in their behavior towards inmates – no mace-ing inmates to death there.

frankieswifey
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
you can sue guards if it is a private facility?

Demonsgirl
03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
That's what I have heard but I'm not sure.

lmomma
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Any information on South Bay would be aprriecated. How is it there? Who is the phone company there and how do they work? How is the canteen, food and prices? How are the guards? How is visitation and the process(every weekend? times) checking in?) ? With it being private any info would be great. I know they run things just a little different.

Demonsgirl
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Infinity Networks is the phone company (1 866 681-2948) You are allowed $250 every month. If you go over that amount in a month then there is a block put on your phone until the balance is paid in full. You pay through your local/ long distance phone company. The guards are okay, but Joey was at Tomoka first, well once he got to South Bay he said that he doesn't have the freedom that he had over there, whatever that means. They do offer alot more programs than DOC. Here is some Info that I found. I copied this Info off of South Bay's Facility site. Hope this helps :)

Academic Programs:

Adult Basic Education/GED
LiteracyVocational Programs:

Building Maintenance Technology
Business Software Applications
Carpentry & Cabinetmaking (Cabinetmaking)
Environmental Horticulture
Gasoline Engine Service Technology
Nursery OperationsLibrary Services:

Library Program
Major Law CollectionSubstance Abuse Programs:

Tier I - Substance Abuse Education (RTC)
Tier IV - Residential Therapeutic Community (RTC)Other Ongoing Programs:

Alcoholics Anonymous
Life Skills
Narcotics AnonymousP.R.I.D.E. (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/pride/index.html) Assignments:

None at this timeCommunity Work Squads:
NONE

Type of Housing Units: Open Bay Housing Units 1
Cell Housing Units 7
Room Housing Units 0
Total Capacity 1,862
Other Information: Population Gender Male
Adult or Youthful Adult
Facility Level 5
Self Contained Housing Units Yes
Designated Confinement Space Yes
Custody Grades Close, Medium, Minimum, Community