View Full Version : Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Solution

MRSMAZE
09-22-2003, 06:01 AM
I just bought this book last week and it is really a life changer!!! It is not about what foods you can't eat, it is about choices, making healthier choices, you determine your own destiny!! I would like to lose fifty pounds in the next six months, I am so motivated that I have brought up my exercise bike and did a half hour last night and was up again this morning at 5:45 doing another!! I feel like a new person, I want to look good again, I want to feel good again and I am not even saying anything to my husband about it, he will be home by March 19 and I can't wait!!

I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to change their life, not go on a diet, it is about a lifestyle change and better choices.

Joy

shell021001
09-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Joy,

I saw this book yesterday and almost bought it. But it is time. My birthday, a day for new beginnings. I think after I talk to my hubby, I'm going to go buy it. I can't wait!! I'm excited now!!

Michelle

ABEJAY
09-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Does Dr. Phil give you help in choosing new options? I hear so many different ideas...no carbs, hight fat, no fat, high carbs, lots of exercise, not too much exercise?!!! Which way to go? I love his show and other books. I'll have to check his new book out.

GottaLuvJustice
09-22-2003, 08:00 AM
I have about 20 lbs to lose and saw an ad for Dr. Phil's supplements (shakes or bars, I think) in this week's Target sale paper. This thread caught my eye.

I was thinking our excitement can be contagious to one another and we can cheer each other on and stuff. Reply if you think this is a good idea. I think it'd be neat. I have a goal: 27 lbs in 34 weeks. by mid may 2004, I want to be down to my goal weight.

why mid may? well, I firmly believe that God will bring my fiancee home in the summer of 2004! :) No, it's not official according to DOC yet, but God promised us that and so I am believing it!

So what do you say ladies? Wanna make this thread the "Shred Thread" ?? ...'cause I'm ready to shred down to the sexy little thang I used to be!! ;)

Gillian

grasshopper
09-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Do you have to go via Dr. Phill to join the 'shred thread"? I need to lose about 40 pounds and I'd like to be able to get some motivation too but I already have a Denise Austin video I like. (I am not up to the learning curve of a new workout video right now, my mind can't handle it, lol.)
I would love to leave all this 'baby fat' from the last 3 years (2 pregnancies) behind and get back to feeling energetic again.

B-Ray
09-22-2003, 08:33 AM
One thing to keep in mind with any weight loss endever is to stay healthy!

Since I'm not one to pack a lunch, I've been using Ensure, Boost (2 cans) as a lunch for YEARS until I found Wal-Marts Equate which cost a whole lot less. Here, it cost $3.97 for a 6 pack and that means "lunch" for less the a buck and a half.

Check out the vitamins and minerals in them. Also, there great when you just have to have a snack! The milk chocolate flavor is good warm, making it a good thing on road trips.

GottaLuvJustice
09-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Bray...you're the old goat right? i use ensure for quick meals and i'm 27 ;)

No...you don't have to go the Dr. Phil route to be in our shred thread...you just have to want to shred, baby!!!!!!!

Gillian

MRSMAZE
09-22-2003, 09:15 AM
I am almost through with the book, but you really have to pay attention and not skip to the end!!! He warns you about this though the beginning, I haven't really read a whole lot about what you are supposed to eat, but what he does say is that you should either eliminate or drastically reduce white bread, sugar, soda, salty chips, crackers, basically all foods that can stimulate your appetite...He doesn't say to do this forever, he gives an example of milk, he used to drink whole milk and several years ago changed to 1%, at first you notice a difference in taste, but eventually you get used to it and like it. TRUE!! I have been drinking it for five years and now if I do drink Whole milk it tastes way to thick and Dr. Phil is saying that we all get impulses and we need to learn how to resist them and that is by replacing our need or craving to eat with an activity that is not compatible with the craving. The book is just so mind opening and I am excited about this new stage in my life..Good Luck to everyone!!

ABEJAY
09-22-2003, 10:37 AM
I too would like to shed 20 pounds. I'd love to join the Shred Thread and share motivational ideas! I'm definately going to check out Dr. Phil's book. In the meantime, I've been trying to make healthier eating choices. Thanks for the tips.

shell021001
09-22-2003, 10:52 AM
OK Shed thread it is. As I sit here eating the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday....(already back sliding LOL) I am on my way out to buy the book as we speak with my birthday money. (Yep, 36 years old today!!!) I am trying to lose 100 pounds. I hope to have it gone by my hubby's min. out date of April 2008. Slow and steady so it doesn't come back, right??

Hugs to all.

Michelle

TEEDEE20
09-22-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm gonna buy this book and I'm down to be a part of a shared thread for this cause. Let me know

Tammy

bmgkelly
09-22-2003, 11:46 AM
how much does the book cost? you all have my interest.

GottaLuvJustice
09-22-2003, 12:00 PM
at www.amazon.com the book is $18. if you click where it says "used and new" then other sellers have it for like $12.

these are plus shipping costs, of course. gotta love dr. phil.

BryansGRRL
09-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Can you give the "basics" of the book?I was on his site but didn't have much time to check it out. I broke my foot(yes the same one!:rolleyes:) last summer and the one before and hit the donuts hard the lasttime around so I need to lose 30-50lbs so I will be joining too! I am going to do some pilates too,its similar to this book... http://www.thebodyflex.com/bf_pages/book.html but you have to stick with it!But it DOES WORK!

B-Ray
09-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Yup GottaLuvJustice, I be him. :dance: :D

Age has nothing to do with using those drinks. There healthy and a cheep way of cutting out a meal or replacing a snack. A good pick-me-up too, when too busy to stop, like being on PTO :idea: :D

Slainte
09-23-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey, can I play too???? I want to lose about 40 to 50 pounds and need some encouragement and better eating habits! :)

BryansGRRL
09-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Yes I LOVE Equate/slim fast if I'd use it right it might even work!LOL(OOPS!) I also have(and am now) just fast one meal a day.I used to do it for religious reasons but lately its for other reasons!:roll eyes: When I am busy I never miss it,REALLY! Its when your home and not busy that you think about it,I eat alot more when I am bored(BAD TRACY VERY BAD!!!) Are we brave enough to do the ht/wt inches thing before and after? I ain't proud of how big I am but thought the after might encourage ourselves and others....just a thought(and I freely admit there not always good!)

shell021001
09-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a plan to me. I could really use the encouragment and the accountability. mmmmmm My new buzz word for the month Accountability. Think on it... So lets get the show on the road ladies and gents!!!!

:)
Michelle

Retired-5
09-23-2003, 11:52 AM
just saw something on Good Morning America about High Frutose Corn Syrup. this will be the new, upcoming bad fat. your body does not digest it the way it does sugar so ALL it does is make you fat. the guy was saying always pick surgar over HFCS. here i thought they were the same thing. this stuff is in everything, things you'd never dream of. ketchup has more of this than ice cream, not that ice cream is any good for you.

shell021001
09-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Ice cream may not be good for the body,,,but it is good for the soul on occasion...(I know, i'm not helping..LOL..sorry ;))

Hugs
Michelle

grouchpotato
09-23-2003, 12:34 PM
count me in too! I have been walking a 1/2 hour each day except Sunday. I have lost 7 lbs. I have cut down on starches and thrown out the lard can. I bake my fries. Eat smaller portions and drink water. I am doing it the nice and slow way. It is better this way. I seldom eat sweets. We each need to find the best way for each of us.

Eboniizs
09-23-2003, 12:48 PM
I joined weight watchers on July 12th and have already lost almost 24 lbs counting points. I went from a size 8 to a size 16 after my hysterectomy/40th b'day/began working from home. Prior to joing WW I already had lost 20 on my own. So down almost 45 lbs in less than 5 months. I have about 20 more before I look good in all my size 7/8's.

We can do it ladies.. I also join a ratty azz cheap (99.00 a year) gym. The place looks like hell, but has tons of equipment and was about 1/4 of the cost of Curves or Golds. I was kind of hesitant about joining, because it is mainly a body building gym, but when I walked in the first two people I saw were elderly woman with a lot more to loose than me.. made me feel much better about being there.

Eboniizs
09-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Good Low/No Fat Foods

Skinny Cow Chocolate fudge bars, there's like a fudgecicle, only much larger.

WOW Chips, (all flavors- I think Lay's makes them) they're all fat free and taste great, everyone who's tried em can't tell the difference between them and regular fried chips.

I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray (zero fat) don't buy the tub, it has 10 grams a fat per tsp.

Watermelon.. I literally eat 2 whole water melon a week and have lost 45 lbs in less than 5 months!

Anyone with other suggestions, I would love to know about them!!

BryansGRRL
09-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Yeah that High Frutose Corn Syrup is in EVERYTHING! :( I try to do fresh food as much as possible and yes watermelon is excellent! Drinking ALOT of water(though you have to go all the time!) for me I have generally good habit I maintain i just have to MOVE! So I like to walk but may start jogging(yeah won't THAT look funny!)

GottaLuvJustice
09-23-2003, 09:56 PM
My brain is going a zillion miles a minute trying to figure out how to organize this page...we've got great suggestions here.

*posting measurements, before and after results
*nutrition tips
*daily victories
*goals and accomplishments over a long period of time.

With two pages in two days, I think this thread will be a pretty huge hit. Then we can convince B-ray ;) to get the "powers that be" give us our very own forum. hee hee I'm teasin' B-ray.

Welllll......I had a pretty good day today. I grilled chicken and even steamed some veggies...tasted decent...not great. I need to learn to cook so I can make a good little wifey one day soon. :)

I also went to aerobics this morning at my church--got a little physical exercise and some food for the spirit in as well.

Hope everyone's doin' just peachy keen jellybean. ooh woops...i won't say jellybean tomorrow.

Gillian :p

babyrooh
09-24-2003, 01:48 AM
I have a hard time with all the shakes and health drinks. They always leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Lately I've traded in the sodas and juices for water. I also started buying Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. I am soooo picky, so for me to find something that actually tasted good to me,was a big deal. I've come across some that taste supergross, but there are handful that taste delicious AND they even fill me up.

I'm starting to think that maybe it's too good to be true though. You know how you think you're eating healthy and then you watch 20/20 or Dateline one night and find out that you've been eating the most fattening foods. Anyway my goal is to lose about 30 or 40 pounds. I look forward to the new page so that I can get some new tips and mainly some motivation.:D

kezcat
09-24-2003, 05:50 AM
This thread has come at the perfect time for me. I have decided to get serious about losing some weight. I have decided to cut out junk food, and to eat healthily. The Dr Phil book sounds great, I will have a look for it.
I hope you have room on this "Shed Thread" for an Aussie chicky!
I'll get weighed tomorrow and will post weight and height.
:) :) :)
Here's to a healthier us!

MRSMAZE
09-24-2003, 06:11 AM
I am almost through with the book and I have passed the chapter concerning food...Dr. Phil does suggest replacing whole milk and dairy products with 1% milk, which tastes great, white bread with whole grain rolls, bagels and crackers and eating white meat, cutting down on red meat, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables...However, HE DOES NOT TELL US NOT TO EAT ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR... he talks about occasionally indulging our cravings, there is nothing wrong with that, he does say not to eat more than three whole eggs weekly if you have been diagnosed with heart disease. He also says to avoid bacon, sausage, luncheon meats (packaged) although turkey is okay. Switch to light mayo, cut down on salt, use mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce, and use pan sprays like PAM. He suggests at least three hours of moderate exercise a week along with a least two additional hours of light exercise, which can include active housecleaning (cleaning floors, vacuuming, sweeping, yard work) walking, jogging etc. He says that weight loss experts have published recent studies that prove that five hours of this type of exercise a week can contribute to maintaining your current weight and not adding any extra fat. Even little bursts of energy count. He suggested buying a heart rate monitor (they go for under $100) and also a pedometer(measures the steps you take every day). When you eliminate foods that are easy to prepare, that equals easy to eat and the calories are processed much to quickly..which leads to hunger.Any food that is easy to swallow and doesn't require much effort for our mouths to process is not good to eat on a regular basis. It takes your body at least twenty minutes to know that it is full, he says to chew food slowly, eat only in the kitchen or dining room, don't watch TV or read while eating. If you need to, put your fork down between bites to slow down the process. Do not eat after 7 at night, but I am trying not to eat past six, because your body is likely to process those calories as fat, our bodies don't burn these calories efficiently at night. Also, DRINK WATER as your primary source of liquids!! No regular soda, did you know that drinking one glass of soda every day for a year can add 14-16 extra pounds per year!!! That shocked me. Drink diet drinks or water and 1% milk in moderation. When I finish this book, I will post more tips, just let me know.. Good Luck everyone, we can do it.

Joy

GottaLuvJustice
09-24-2003, 09:02 AM
NONE OF THOSE TIPS ARE NEW, BUT EVERY LAST ONE IS GREAT!!!

I'm certified to teach aerobics and taught for a few years. Once I switched jobs...from teaching aerobics to teaching middle school science, I put on a BUNCH of weight. My little frame...5 feet tall--barely!...can't handle too much extra weight. I feel like I'm in another body. Maybe I've been abducted by aliens?!

Those tips are awesome!!

I especially like making some healthy switches....like the switch to a low fat milk and mayo. Cool!

Hope to see some lbs shreaded off by next monday!!

Have a great day everybody!!

Gillian

montysgirl
09-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I am all in to going through this with ya'll. I need to loose about....hmmm, let's just say a ton! My issues: overeating...I can't stop when it tastes sooo good, pickiness....there isn't much that I do like, accessability...with 3 kids in the house there is always snacks, money...who the heck can afford FRESH fruits & veggies, DEPRESSION...when I start thinking about our situation I get down in the dumps BAD...then the munchies hit me!!! I'm sure I do a million other things wrong, too! I do have a gym membership, but haven't been in 2 months because I just don't have the energy (excuses, excuses)! But between you guys and the Dr. Phil website...I think I might be able to see some results! I'll even do the measurement thing....now enduring public humiliation even sounds good to me...ya know how desperate I am to loose the ice cream pasted on my butt!!!!

montysgirl
09-24-2003, 10:32 AM
ONE MORE THING....I do have my limits! I will do almost anything for ya'll...but I refuse to have a picture taken of me looking disgusting in a bikini...like they show on infomercials!!! THAT'S SO GROSS!!! (in my opinion) So don't even let your evil mind go there people!! hehehehe NO BEFORE PICTURES....LOTS OF AFTER PICTURES!!!! :p Is that a deal?

BryansGRRL
09-24-2003, 10:54 AM
I forgot to weigh/measure myself :( Will try to remember and post tomorrow.Also you should decide if your looking for inch loss or weight loss,I need BOTH!As that dictates who/what you should do most etc.

Also yes do not totally avoid your favorites out cut yourself some slack but if its a really "bad"(I LOVE choc cake) eat it earlier in the day say at lunch instead of at dinner(the theory being you will work it off quicker) and I also take the stairs whenever possible and park WAY out in BFE when I go shopping so I have to take ALOT of "extra" steps and I am looking for things to do with my daughter as well. To wear down her energy and keep me active too!

I need MAJOR motivation as Bryan accepts me this way(he's never seen me smaller) and although that's "good" I know where I need to be! I can "easily" hide 30lbs on my frame BUT I feel MUCH better when my size 10 jeans are comfy and 12's are my "fat pants".

BryansGRRL
09-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Oh I ain't doing no pics! y'all just gonna have to take my word for it!Though I may do a full length "after" shot w/Bryan later :)

Montysgirl: I would say I can "afford" the fruits and veggies cause I make sure I buy them first cause in my store you get to them first too so if you choose healthier snacks to have in your home your not tempted so easily as well. though I was raised on a farm and was not allowed pop,candy,junkfood only for special times so I already had pretty good habits in place,though now if I could only go get off my A** now that my foot is healed more!:D p.s. I have oreos and donuts glued to my A**!LOL

GottaLuvJustice
09-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I did step aerobics this morning....yeah yeah...feelin' fit and sexy.

Now, I gotta go to school...I will park my car nice and far like BryansGrrl :) every little bit of exercise througout the day DOES ADD UP!!

Research says that three 10 minute bouts of exercise is just as beneficial as one 30 bout of exercise.

what a weird word: "bout"

alright kids...later!

BryansGRRL
09-24-2003, 03:07 PM
You know speaking of which when I was in school(college) depending on the time of day you ALWAYS had to park way away!No damn room! I wonder if they plan that?!hmmn!JK I am trying to teach my daughter how to rollerblade and ride her bike while the weathers still "nice" but I REALLy need to DO more and get my nose out of a book!LOL

kezcat
09-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, I weighed myself today and I am 69 Kg (152lb)...I am 5ft in height. I think I would like to lose about 15 kilos, which is about 33lbs. That will take me to about 120 lbs...does that sound right for my height?
Still looking out for Dr Phil's book. Hopefully I'll find a copy while I am on holidays.
Have been eating healthy for two days, and I feel better already! Drinking HEAPS of water. And I have been parking further away from school, and walking a fair bit.
YAY US!!! :) :) :)

BryansGRRL
09-25-2003, 04:06 PM
kezcat I would look online for a chart for your proper height/weight for your age and frame etc Its different for everyone. I forgot to weigh/measure last night:( Got a letter! But wasn't from Bryan:(

GottaLuvJustice
09-25-2003, 11:15 PM
A Body Mass Index of 20-25 is what experts consider healthy.
A B.M.I. from 25.1 to 30 is considered overweight.
Anything over 30 is considered extremely overweight. (you know, increased risk of heart disease, diabetes and not-so-fun stuff)

Note: BMI is meant for healthy adults between 25 and 45 years of age.
BMI is a guideline...it only uses height and weight without taking body
composition into account.

For example, when I worked at a gym as a Fitness Instrucor/Aerobics
Instructor--like 20 pounds ago, I mean uhm...2 years ago :) one of my coworkers often joked that we were practically "overweight" according to our BMI's.

You see, we were carrying so much muscle, it made us heavier than the average person our height. Our BMI seemed high. On paper, we were almost "overweight" but in reality, we were lean and cardiovascularly healthy. :)

BryansGRRL
09-26-2003, 09:01 AM
My BMI is like 27-28?I AM "overweight"!*sigh* But..... I finally measured/weighed myself last night(UGH!) and shocked myself! I stopped making attempts at weight/inch loss in May and I maintained this whole time!YAAAAAYYY!:D
And I lost 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks!(not even on purpose!)
ok,what you all been "waiting" for....hehehehe*GULP*
currently I am 5'10"tall w/med bone structure
178lbs.
I am going to monitor myself and see where I am at on Xmas I want to lose weight AND inches basically and fit comfortably into my size 10's again!(man that was hard!but now at least I can be acct to my PTO family!)

montysgirl
09-26-2003, 12:56 PM
I'm still on the fense with the whole Dr. Phil phenomenon. I can't decide whether or not to buy the stinking book. I mean, I don't feel like I am overweight because of some unresolved issues and emotions. So is the book going to do me any good????? I'm really thinking about going to a diet dr. when I get paid next week. Whatcha think?

GottaLuvJustice
09-26-2003, 10:52 PM
a diet dr?! hmm...maybe try the book 1st...it sounds cheaper! i have friend whose mom pays hundreds of dollars for diet pills her dr says she must take for life...she was obese though....like had well over 100 lbs to lose.

prescription appetite suppressants (even for non-obese people) are addictive. there is no secret way!

exercise and making healthful food choices for life.

alright, i need to get off my soap box!

I had a great "week 1"... 3 days of cardio and I am happy! I get to see my baby tomorrow and am looking forward to all the "you're so beautiful's". he makes me just beam!

Gillian

P.S. I love Justice :)

BryansGRRL
09-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Good for you Gillian!:)

Flowerchild
09-27-2003, 10:36 AM
A question for Jamie; why do you think you're overweight? I know that there are people who are just physically hungry all the time & research has shown that there is a hormone imbalance involved, but to my understanding, this is something that's extremely rare. Consulting a Dr. may be the right thing for you to do, however, to have any physical cause ruled out.

I'm not a person who eats all the time, or even a great deal at meals, but my choices are soooo bad. I just like high fat, high calorie food, cheese especially; anything rich w/sour cream, alfredo sauce, white sauces; creamy gooey food. And anything fried, especially home-fried potatoes, fried shrimp, fried chicken. I've consistently indulged myself w/these things for years (between bouts of starvation diets) even though there's been no doubt in my mind what the price would be; & it has been. Sometimes I think I have an anti-anorexic condition, like a fear of being slender (which is something that I hope will be addressed in Dr. Phil's book, but haven't gotten to that part yet).

Fresh fruits & veggies may be expensive, but the cost could not be nearly that of diabetic meds & joint replacement, etc. that eventually has to be met after continued obesity.

I have a coworker that always maintains a trim figure, but she tells me that there's a great deal of obesity in her family & she has to watch what she eats all the time. One of the ways she accomplishes that is to keep a food journal; she logs everything she eats every day & that way, if she gains a few pounds, she knows exactly where she went wrong & is able to correct it. As much as I dislike any kind of regime, I've decided that this is a really smart thing to do & have begun a log myself.

Well, hold a good thought for me, folks, as I embark on this challenge, as I do you. Three cheers to PTO for giving us this forum to meet & support one another!

White light to all…

Adrienne

grasshopper
09-27-2003, 12:08 PM
LOL! Flowerchild are you trying to help us or lure us off the path with that list? Anyway, I have lost 2 pounds so far but more fromlack of time to eat than from making healthy choices. :(
I have also discovered a great side benefit to the exercise video- at least the middle of the floor gets the toys cleared off it once a day.
I went to e-diet and got the BMI reading even though i had to lie to do it. They won't even give you the first part of the info if you are nursing a baby. I think that is a little ridiculous. I mean, I can understand not encouraging weight loss, but a healthier diet can only be good for the baby too. Right now he is made mainly of oreos, lol. Still, my focus is going to have to be fitness over diet except for cutting back on junk. And even there I have old softball injurie to my knees, so I have to start with strength training and work at it awhile before I can do heavier cardiovascular stuff.
HELP! I am used to being able to kick start myself with a fast take-off whenever I try to lose weight. This sensible approach is killing me before I even get started. So the rest of you guys have to stick to it so I can be motivated to keep up with the competition.

GottaLuvJustice
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
don't say the "F" word you guys!!

Fried! Don't say it. :p

I'm teasing, I love the fried stuff myself. And then there's the ice cream, the shakes, the ...oh...uh....I mean...uhh..

Stay fit, girls! Stay away from fatty foods, drink lots of water and hit the gym.

Gillian

SCLady
09-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey, we have started the PTO Dieting group on yahoo groups, this is the link:

http://******************/group/ptodieting/

The group has been in hibernation sort of , for a while, but sign up , we will be doing a roll call and getting things started out in a good way on Monday!!

GottaLuvJustice
09-28-2003, 04:23 PM
is it for exercise and stuff too or just dieting/eating/nutrition?

BryansGRRL
09-29-2003, 08:43 AM
woohoo I just joined :D Also I got a letter from Bryan on Saturday!(FINALLY!) and that motivated me into a big cleaning frenzy which also helps works off the pounds!Is there really any other motivation to clean?!LOL And I have been walking at least a mile every day but sometimes more. Though I too might keep a log of what I eat for portion control :(

montysgirl
09-29-2003, 09:48 AM
I just got my hot little hands on the book yesterday, so I haven't even started it yet. But I am looking forward to "getting real" with dr. phil. But I am still hung up on the emotion thing. I HONESTLY don't think I eat because of emotions...but who knows....maybe dr.phil can change my mind.

GottaLuvJustice
09-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Bryansgrrl,

thanks for the encouragement!

Yesterday, on the way to aerobics class, I got stopped by a copper for speeding. He gave me a warning, but man, he made me even later for aerobics!!!I woke up this morning with my throat feeling scratchy...like sand paper! Yuk! So, I didn't exercise. Just got dressed and went to school.

I think the Big Dawg is tellin' me to

S - L - O - W

D
O
W
N

Later...

Gillian

P.S. I packed my lunch today instead of buying junk food! :)

Beauty
09-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Wow this is great. I just joined. :-)

flygirlaa2
10-01-2003, 05:40 AM
I have lost 70+ lbs in just a couple months with the Atkins diet. :)

BryansGRRL
10-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Way to go everyone!
YW Gillian :)

montysgirl
10-03-2003, 07:01 PM
I joined the yahoo group, but I still can't access any of the postings!!! What's up with our weightloss group???????????? I'm needing some encouragement and support here, guys! I'm not telling my hubby about trying to loose weight. I want him to just notice me shrinking!

BryansGRRL
10-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I was wondering that too!:(What she said^^^^

shell021001
10-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I joined the yahoo group and am having the same problem... :(

GottaLuvJustice
10-04-2003, 03:22 PM
montysgirl,
that was cute. my baby has noticed me shrinking and he's so adorable. he's like "you look so sexy"...

heehee....feels good to feel comfortable in his arms! I still have a ways to go but his noticing and his support is a huge plus.

i wasn't able to get onto the yahoo site myself.
we can keep coming here in the meanwhile.

update on me...I packed my lunch 3 days this week. yay for me...that saved me like $14 or so on fast food and countless calories.

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Gillian

MRSMAZE
10-04-2003, 04:41 PM
I have lost a dress size so far, the book really just opened my eyes to alot of unhealthy eating and lack of exercise habits that I am now changing. Good Luck everyone...

LeesFree
10-05-2003, 02:15 PM
I just joined the Yahoo group and hope to be able to read the messages soon. I have lots of weight to loose and need all the help I can get :).

Jimmy told me he would love me no matter what I weighed but I want to look good for me. I think it will improve my self esteem.

montysgirl
10-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, I walked briskly for an hour yesterday and on Sunday I went bike riding for a little bit....that bicycle seat is rough on the booty, so I won't be doing that again!!! :p I am on Key 3 in the book. It has really opened my eyes to how much control I have over things.

Kaci
10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
I have this book...but haven't had a chance to read it yet...looks like I need to make the time!!!

GottaLuvJustice
10-06-2003, 02:25 PM
mrsmaze and montysgirl......good job! yay!!!

so glad that results are coming...different bodies are good. new healthy habits that'll last a life time are even better!

way to go!!

love,
Gillian

BryansGRRL
10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
GJ yourself too Gillian!I think its important to say "YAY me" when its deserved, I have just been walking more(at least 1mile/day) and trying to watch what I eat as usual don't know that I'm any "smaller" yet though.I agree that bike seat needs more cushion!Oddly I got "junk in my trunk" and yet i still have issues w/it!LOL

GottaLuvJustice
10-08-2003, 04:57 AM
This girl's got tons of junk in her trunk, too. :)

Good thing Justice is a "butt" guy...he says I have a "pretty butt" .... :) he's so cute!

Gillian