View Full Version : Solano Visits ?

Cronesong
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi all Im just wondering...... as I have a new pen pal in Solano
I promised Id visit when Im in the neighbourhood & Im wondering what are the visits there like ? inside ? outside ? crowded ? if inside is it all closed in ? can you see outside ?
Im somewhat clustrophopbic LOL if I can see outside im ok like when on a boat if you can see the horizon you dont get seasick

Just trying to get a picture in my mind of how the visit would be when the day comes

Blessings

msmomto4
05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Whitebird,

My husband is on the visiting side for yard 1 and 2. Buildings 1-12 and h dorm... it is a large room with windows. All visits are inside as there is no patio area but you will have to wait and see what they say about the other building since i have never been to it.
Hope that helps
msmomto4

William'sBaby
05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi! :D

First, make sure you check out the CSP-Solano Guide (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201915) and the section titled Visiting at CSP-Solano (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1942309&postcount=6). There is tons of info about the prison and visiting. :thumbsup:

I visit on the back side of the prison (Side A) which is for yards 3 & 4. The visiting room is bigger than the one on Side B (yards 1 & 2), and there is a patio. When I say "patio" it's not what you are thinking. It's basically a concrete room with no roof. You cannot see any grass or anything like that. The walls are as high as the building.

Visiting can get pretty crowded on some days so be prepared. Those of us who visit on side A have had the hassle of dealing with no shuttle. They have been using a van instead, while the shuttle is being repaired and the van can only carry 8-10 visitors at a time. I had to wait about 45 minutes on Sunday to get on that bus and I was number 43! What a pain. Only those of us who visit on side A have to ride the shuttle bus. Visitors on side B enter the visiting room right from the information check in office.

Anyway, enjoy your visit and let us know if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

William'sBaby:heart:

Brown_Eye_Girl
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
everytime i go i always have to go to side A and take that damn van to that side...