View Full Version : I Am From Nebraska And Am Wondering About Medical Care...

mother
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
I HAVE A SON AT TECUMSEH NEBRASKA PRISON....HE ESCAPED FROM NSP ABOUT 32 MONTHS AGO...HE SPENT 3 DAYS IN THE PARK AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT HIM HAVING WEST NILE. HE HAS ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF IT AND THEY WONT DO BLOOD TESTS TO MAKE SURE. HE HAS WRITTEN SEVERAL KITES AND RECIEVED THEM ALL BACK SAYING THEY WONT DO ANYTHING FOR HIM. THEY WERE ALL SIGNED BY LPN'S. NOT A DR. HE HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BY A DR. AND THEY REFUSE HIS CARE. IS THERE ANY ONE IN NEBRASKA THAT HAS THE SAME KIND OF COMPLAINTS? REGUARDING THE MEDICAL CARE TO THE INMATES? IF SO PLEASE GETAHOLD OF ME SO WE CAN PUT OUR MINDS TOGETHER AND THINK OF SOME KIND OF SOLUTION TO GET THE INMATES THERE DESERVED RIGHTS......IT IS INHUMAN TO LET SOMEONE SIT IN THERE AND ITCH FOR DAYS AT A TIME WITH NOTHING TO STOP THE ITCHING.......MY SON HAS A RASH FROM HEAD TO TOE THAt has a never ending relief. WE VISIT OVER A TV MONITOR AND THE RASH IS THE ONLY THING WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE.....JUST HOLLA BACK WITH ANY IDEAS...THANK YOU ..
A CONCERNED MOTHER.....

Barbara
09-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Welcome to PTO Donna, I donít know how cooperative you local newspaper is but they might like a good scare story and it looks like you have one. Why donít you also post something along the lines of medical info needed in the Nebraska Forum? Love Barb

beans_mom
09-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Hi Donna

Welcome to PTO. Here is some info that might help you.

CURE is very good at helping with medical neglect. I only have their address but maybe you could look them up in your phone book.

NEBRASKA-CURE
PO Box 6624
Lincoln, NE 66506

Shirley has a non-profit organization that is devoted to medical neglect also. Some good info here

http://www.jeffdicks.org/nebraska.htm

Gillian

mother
09-20-2003, 06:42 AM
Thank for the info i will contact them monday i live in lincoln

Donna

beans_mom
09-20-2003, 06:43 AM
You're very welcome. Can't help you too much as I am in Canada lol. We don't have CURE here although we should.
Gillian