View Full Version : FCI--Williamsburg

JKJBKNMZ
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Hello to all, does anyone have information about FCI Williamsburg in South Carolina. My significant other will be surrendering next week and I was wondering what he has in store for himself as well as what I can expect. The population at that facility is about 1,500+ so i'm wondering what the conditions of the facility are if anyone knows. :confused:

Thank you in advance.

TWuvsU
07-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi there,
I live on the east coast of central Florida and my fiance was sent to the FCI Williamsburg for at least the next 18 months. Does anyone have anything they can tell me about that facility? He is at the satellite camp.
Thank you so much for your help.

This is all new to me, he was sentenced to 9 yeas on April 13, 2007 and spent 9 weeks in the Seminole County Jail. Just recently moved to the actual prison. Now I am on an infromation hunt for anything. :confused:

dolly'sstar
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I would appreciate ANY information too. My friend has been there almost a month and also has an 18 month sentence at the camp.

dolly'sstar
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know if FCI Williamsburg is on lockdown? I was expecting a call that never came. It would have been my first call and we were both looking forward to it.

chaser
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM
:( Hey I am trying to find out about williamsburg federal prison by any chance do you know anything about that prison and how they operate. My main concern is the food and if they feed that inmates there.

chaser
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
:thumbsup: Hey I am wondering the same thing that you are wondering too.

dolly'sstar
08-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I have been trying to get information for a while too. Hmmmmmmm........

dolly'sstar
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I'm sure they feed them, just not sure if it's any good. I have lots of questions too. I have not been able to find out much at all.

TWuvsU
08-20-2007, 11:05 PM
From everything I have heard from him, it is a REALLY nice place. It is just that, a camp for men. They are treated well and they eat really well too. I am anxious to go and see him. :)

Seven28
09-16-2007, 03:27 PM
My King was there for a long time... & never did he have a issue with inmates... or CO's... They held his mail on a few occasion... but not for long!!!! It's a far place... well for me it was, but when I was going for visits... all was OK!!!

chaser
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
:thumbsup: I am so glad to here that my husband is located at the usp atlanta. He is being held there in holding until he is processed. So we are praying he is sent to williamsburg prison in salters. Thanks for the information. How are the visits are they strikly for family. Are basically for whoever the inmate whats to be on his visitation list. Reason I ask I have 3 step kids so that means there are 3 babymomma's. So if you can let me know something soon. Thank you.

lovebug07
01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
any info on fci williamsburg in salters sc

dolly'sstar
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
My friend is there at the satellite camp. I may be able to answer some questions. There are not many people here that have loved ones there but hopefully we can give you the information you need.

Gangsta&kiss
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
hi my fiance is in FCI williamsburg and I was looking to get information as far as if anyone knew how much it costs for them to send mail, take pictures, food and stuff like that I asked him and he doesnt want me to worry about he says but I want to send him something to help take care of what he needs can some one who has aloved one there or did let me know.Also i was wondering how are the inmates treated there.'

THANK YOU!!!

kking
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
My fiance will be moving to FCI Williamsburg in a few days. I need all the info i cant get on it please! I need to know everything from the food to how the guards are to what the inmates wear. Please HELP!!:confused:

kking
08-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I've been trying to get info on this facility myself. My fiance will be moving there this week. Let me know if you find out anything and I'll do the same.

dolly'sstar
08-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't think there are very many people here with loved ones at FCI Williamsburg. My friend is at the camp there so I could only answer limited questions about the camp. I don't really know anything about the other facility there. He does say the food is fairly good and plentiful and that there are lots of ways to get exercise. He teaches quite a few classes in the Education Dept and stays busy by reading and exercising.

There were two other women that I used to talk with about Williamsburg but I have not seen them around here for a couple of months. Hopefully they'll see your post and chime in.

Kahlan
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm moving your thread to the Federal Forum so that you may get more information about procedures in federal prisons.

Zelda50
08-24-2008, 07:21 PM
If he's calling long distance, 300 minutes (the limit each month) costs $69.00 usually. Local calls are about one-third of that cost. Once he's there, you should have him send you a commissary list and you can see what things cost. Primarily, though, you should not send more than you can easily afford because his basic needs will be taken care of.
Z.

mama_bear
02-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello! This is my first post as a registered, non-lurking member :D

My boyfriend is currently on pre-trial and awaiting sentencing. His offense was non-violent and will most likely be sent to a federal prison camp. Since I live in South Carolina, I am trying to figure out what would be the closest FPC to me in Charleston. I've done a bit of research, and according to the Bureau of Federal Prisons, there is a minimum security male camp adjacent to the medium security correctional institution in Salters, SC. Now, according to google maps (lol), if he could do his time there he would only be between 1 and 2 hours away. He was told that his judge accepts recommendations as far as where to serve, but I'm slightly confused. Why is it that when I search for federal prison camps, none of these "adjacent minimum security camps" show up? Is it an honest to goodness full-service prison camp (haha) or is it something else? I'm such a newbie I know nothing about any of this stuff! Thanks in advance for any responses/advice :)

dcpvi
03-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I am planning a visit to my friend at the Williamsburg Camp in SC. Can anyone share information about the visitation process and nearby accommodations?

Thank you.

inmatemama
03-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I've never heard of it. Is it for Juveniles? What level yard is it?

dcpvi
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Thank you for your response. No, it houses low security adult male inmates. It is a Camp and is located next to the FCI Williamsburg facility in Salters South Carolina. It is a very small institution; the population count is less than 130 last time I checked. I believe it is a fairley new prison, maybe about 3 to 5 years since its construction.

inmatemama
03-09-2009, 09:15 PM
If it's Federal, that may explain why I hadn't heard of it before...
Hope someone here can help you???
Sounds like a pretty good camp! Hope he doesn't have alot of time...
Hang in there...Someone will answer!

wifey07
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I was just wondering when you are released from a federal prison do you have to be on parole or are you released and free? I have a friend whose crime was in CA but they sent him to SC for whatever reason but I was wondering will he have to stay in SC when he is out because of parole or will he be able to come back to CA

angel_incognito
09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I was just wondering when you are released from a federal prison do you have to be on parole or are you released and free? I have a friend whose crime was in CA but they sent him to SC for whatever reason but I was wondering will he have to stay in SC when he is out because of parole or will he be able to come back to CA

I am guessing you have got an answer to this by now since you asked it back in March, but my man is from Montana and was taken to the Florence FCI in Colorado, and then they moved him to FCI Williamsburg, and he is putting in to come back here for pre release, so they are able to leave, they dont have to do their "paper" time down there.

angel_incognito
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Anyone else have a loved one here? My man is in there, and I hate it. We are both from Montana, and he was here, but transferred to Florence, CO to the federal prison and then all of a sudden move to FCI Williamsburg in Salters, SC. So obviously I cant go visit him now, its so far. We have been hoping and praying that this Good Time Bill passes. :thumbsup:

SadinGA
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I just dropped me man off at the Camp at Williamsburg on Monday. There is nothing in the immediate area as far as places to stay, however in the town about 10 minutes away there are hotels that look nice. The town is Manning SC. I havnt been able to talk to my man yet and am wondering how long it takes for them to get to use the phone and how long it takes to get approved for visitation. Any information about visiting processes or what they are allowed to have as far as pictures ect. would be wonderful to know. Hope this helps and i will keep checking your thread. Good Luck!:(

SadinGA
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
I just dropped my man off on monday at the camp. i plan on going to visit as soon as i can but i havent even heard from him. do you know what times they have phone usage? This is all new to me and i would like as muchinfo as i can get. I will post all i can when i find anything out....

SadinGA
10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I just dropped my love off on Monday. He was self reporting to the camp but had to go into the main facility to register. I havent heard from him yet, i know it is only Wednesday but i hoping he would be able to use the phone. Any, ANY information on the camp would be greatly appriciated!

THis is all new to me and i really am having a hard time, any responses would be wonderful.:(

mrlinge
11-05-2009, 03:16 AM
My man is also there. He is in the camp, not too bad. He says its a lot better than the last place he was at in KY. I am going to see him for the 1st time this weekend and I am very excited. Anyone else have a man in the camp???

mrlinge
11-05-2009, 03:24 AM
I just dropped me man off at the Camp at Williamsburg on Monday. There is nothing in the immediate area as far as places to stay, however in the town about 10 minutes away there are hotels that look nice. The town is Manning SC. I havnt been able to talk to my man yet and am wondering how long it takes for them to get to use the phone and how long it takes to get approved for visitation. Any information about visiting processes or what they are allowed to have as far as pictures ect. would be wonderful to know. Hope this helps and i will keep checking your thread. Good Luck!:(

Hello, I have a man there in the camp. It is actually a nice place if thats possible to believe. They don't get bothered that much and get to go in and out whenever they want. They can stay up to watch tv anytime and they all get along pretty well. My man has only been there since August by he seems to like it much better than KY. I just got approved to see him after waiting about a month. I will be going to visit this weekend and you are right, the hotels are in Manning. As far as calls, he calls me about once a week for 15 mins. they are only allowed 290 mins per month so it doesn't last long. we also have email set up and use it the most, 2-3 times per day. They can't call or email after 8pm I think.
I hope you have gotten to hear from him by now. I am new to this process so I am clueless to most things in the prison life. Keep me posted on your situation. :thumbsup:

english2791
11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
MY friend is in the prison not camp i was looking for information on motels not to far from the prison i hope to visit in the spring

forAllan
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Anyone else have a loved one here? My man is in there, and I hate it. We are both from Montana, and he was here, but transferred to Florence, CO to the federal prison and then all of a sudden move to FCI Williamsburg in Salters, SC. So obviously I cant go visit him now, its so far. We have been hoping and praying that this Good Time Bill passes. :thumbsup:
I'm in MI and I have been there 3 times in 2 years it's just difficult, If you decide to go there to visit,my suggestion would be to go when there is a federal holiday. I was just there for veterans day they get the Federal holidays for visits and if they fall on a Mon. or thurs, that gives you an extra day visit. Altho it is still expensive to stay in a motel (thats not great) for a couple days. I went as I said veterans day it was a Wed so I just was there the 1 day. It was a long awful car ride but so totally worth it, ah gee I'm crying again. Sorry this is so hard I hope you are ok.
I know it's the worse thing in the world and the world doesn't have any compassion at all for prisoners.or the people that love them
PS I too follow the good time bills progress on fedcure(dot)org

english2791
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM
i visit my fiance in fci williamsburg every few months i fly down from syracuse ny im looking for women that do the same and maybe would like to share car rental and/or hotel costs please send me a private message:cool:

PRINCESSA
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Anybody have any info on williamsburg f c i in salters s.c. Medium security prison? Havent hear from my babe and i am sooo worried are they on lockdown ? If you know anything please reply,

bumpintheroad
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Husband turning himself in day after tomorrow. First time offender, what is this place like? Any insight appreciated.

Thanks

son's in prison
10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope someone responds to your question soon. My son is getting transfered there in a couple of week.

Does anyone know if they have college classes or weights?

I heard that they are alot of gang there. Is this true?

justagirlinsc
11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I am hoping to find someone that has a loved one in the camp at Williamsburg. My uncle is headed there anyday now. He has been in several county jails around the state for 7 weeks now awaiting transfer to the camp. We have no idea what to expect and any information would really be great.

Calipassion
01-09-2011, 06:06 AM
As far as usage of computer & phones. Wake up is at 0430-0530 and The phone & computers are locked down at 2200 or 10pm. S.C. time. I think as long as they aren't locked down they can used the computers and phones whenever. But with corrlinks it take approximately 1.5hr to deliver every message one way so it would be a good 3hr to send & recieve if written back exactly 1.5hr after initial email. However here recently there have been major communication issues some taking days to transmit others taking 1.5hr. Currently though I haven't received a phone call nor email since Friday Jan 7th around 9am. :mad:

BadGrlGoneGood
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
As far as usage of computer & phones. Wake up is at 0430-0530 and The phone & computers are locked down at 2200 or 10pm. S.C. time. I think as long as they aren't locked down they can used the computers and phones whenever. But with corrlinks it take approximately 1.5hr to deliver every message one way so it would be a good 3hr to send & recieve if written back exactly 1.5hr after initial email. However here recently there have been major communication issues some taking days to transmit others taking 1.5hr. Currently though I haven't received a phone call nor email since Friday Jan 7th around 9am. :mad:

Hey there. I just wanted to add in that I have not heard from my man at FCI Williamsburg since that same EXACT time. I was just on my way to Western Union to send more money because I thought he might be low, but I thought it would be best to check with the girls down here and see if something was going on. I knew Corrlinks was having problems but I don't know why our men (friends, family, whichever it is for you) haven't called. Plus, I saw another forum topic about Corrlinks which suggested that it is back up and running. Maybe something is going on down there? I have called and got no answer. What about you, dear? Did you call the prison? It seems like they don't answer that number. I want to find out what's going on... Hang in there though! At least you know you're not the only one this is happening to. Reading your post made me feel like at least I can know that my guy probably isn't hurt or in the hole or mad at me!

Calipassion
01-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Hey there. I just wanted to add in that I have not heard from my man at FCI Williamsburg since that same EXACT time. I was just on my way to Western Union to send more money because I thought he might be low, but I thought it would be best to check with the girls down here and see if something was going on. I knew Corrlinks was having problems but I don't know why our men (friends, family, whichever it is for you) haven't called. Plus, I saw another forum topic about Corrlinks which suggested that it is back up and running. Maybe something is going on down there? I have called and got no answer. What about you, dear? Did you call the prison? It seems like they don't answer that number. I want to find out what's going on... Hang in there though! At least you know you're not the only one this is happening to. Reading your post made me feel like at least I can know that my guy probably isn't hurt or in the hole or mad at me!
Apparently they are on and have been on lock down since Fri. afternoon'ish.. I called numerous times thinking the worst case scenario and finally about 6hrs ago i was told they were on lock down. I asked how long it would last but i was never given a direct answer. the frustrating thing is that they just came out of a lock down no more than a month or two ago.. How long do these things usually last!????

justagirlinsc
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I was at Williamsburg Satellite Camp today for my first visit and it was ok. It is very secluded and there is nothing near there other than the main prison . There is no fence or bars and the place is relatively new and is clean, even the restrooms were surprisingly well maintained and clean. We were in a visitor room for part of the time and then went outside to picnic tables the rest of the time. You cant take anything in with you other than some money, an id and some cash but it was a laid back and relaxed visit. There doesnt seem to be any trouble there. Inmates are judges, lawyers and other white collar types . They have a walking track, basketball court, handball etc, several tvs and the food is ok too so if you have to be in prison, this is not a bad place. ASk anything else you want to know

Calipassion
01-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Has anybody been to Williamsburg for visitation?? I am going in 6wks to see my fiance and I want to kno how strict or lax they are as far as the black and white rules of policy & procedures! Im not worried about what i can take in as much as i am what me and he are going to be allowed to do! since it is a medium security camp i am pretty sure that it will be more controlled and we wont get to go outside which is fine but umm how are the CO's do they give people alot of shit?

justagirlinsc
01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
Has anybody been to Williamsburg for visitation?? I am going in 6wks to see my fiance and I want to kno how strict or lax they are as far as the black and white rules of policy & procedures! Im not worried about what i can take in as much as i am what me and he are going to be allowed to do! since it is a medium security camp i am pretty sure that it will be more controlled and we wont get to go outside which is fine but umm how are the CO's do they give people alot of shit?

Is he is Williamsburg FCi or Williamsburg FCI Satellite Camp? I was at the saatellite camp yesterday and it is very laid back . If he is there, message me and I will tell you all about it but you can expect a simple laid back visit there. I saw the WIlliamsburg FCI near it and it is very large and I didnt go in there

Calipassion
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
How was the visitation? WHat was it like??

english2791
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
best places to stay are the quality inn in manning its 40 mins from the prison or the days inn at lake city 30 mins.

justagirlinsc
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
is your man in FCI Williamsburg or the satellite camp beside it? I go to the camp and can give you information

Paparazzi
02-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Hello, My name is Michael and i will be self surrendering on march 1, 2011. I was hoping to learn more about the life style there and maybe some contacts that can teach me about the ends and outs. I will be there for 6 months on a conspiracy to comment wire fraud charge.
What can i take?
Money?
Shoes?
Etc......
Do i get to use the internet?
E-mail?
Can you get out early?

justagirlinsc
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Hello, My name is Michael and i will be self surrendering on march 1, 2011. I was hoping to learn more about the life style there and maybe some contacts that can teach me about the ends and outs. I will be there for 6 months on a conspiracy to comment wire fraud charge.
What can i take?
Money?
Shoes?
Etc......
Do i get to use the internet?
E-mail?
Can you get out early?

hello and welcome to the forum

are you going into FCI williamsburg or the satellite camp? I visit someone in the camp and can tell you about it but not the big one?

Paparazzi
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM

are you going into FCI williamsburg or the satellite camp? I visit someone in the camp and can tell you about it but not the big one?

I will be in the Camp.
Thank you for your help.

justagirlinsc
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM

Well Michael if you have to be in prison this is the place to be. i visit every couple of weeks. it is out in the middle of no where, about 10 miles outside of manning sc it has no fence around it and there are no cells. it is a country quiet setting but there is the big prison that houses 1600 up the road and you dont want to be there. you sleep in a bunk dorm type place, all 130 of you. my guy says the food is ok, much better than where he was. you get up at 5 30 clean your room, eat , have count and go to a job. my guy goes somewhere in a car to weld. everybody works somewhere. back around 3 30 eat, have count and then you are free till the next day. there are several tvs, a walking track, basketball, and some game tables. you can have money in your account - call and ask but i think its 300 - you will want to buy shoes, clothes and personal items to get set up when you get there. you can e-mail but no internet access. you get 290 minutes a month of phone time and that has to be paid for thru your account as well. i am told time moves slow but there is no trouble. anyone causing a problem is sent to the big prison up the road so this place has no fights or real trouble. when i visit, i go into a small visitor room that has chairs and vending machines. i can also go outside to the visitor picnic tables. i have never seen more than 7 or 8 inmates having a visitor when i am there because people are from all over the country and dont have family close enough to visit often. i take in money for the machines, my i.d. and we sit at a table and talk and no one looks our way or says anything to us. it is all low key and laid back,, kinda quiet. ask me anything and i'll tell you but that is the basics. good luck

Paparazzi
02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
[quote=justagirlinsc;5980230]Well Michael if you have to be in prison this is the place to be. i visit every couple of weeks. it is out in the middle of no where, about 10 miles outside of manning sc it has no fence around it and there are no cells. it is a country quiet setting but there is the big prison that houses 1600 up the road and you dont want to be there. you sleep in a bunk dorm type place, all 130 of you. my guy says the food is ok, much better than where he was. you get up at 5 30 clean your room, eat , have count and go to a job. my guy goes somewhere in a car to weld. everybody works somewhere. back around 3 30 eat, have count and then you are free till the next day. there are several tvs, a walking track, basketball, and some game tables. you can have money in your account - call and ask but i think its 300 - you will want to buy shoes, clothes and personal items to get set up when you get there. you can e-mail but no internet access. you get 290 minutes a month of phone time and that has to be paid for thru your account as well. i am told time moves slow but there is no trouble. anyone causing a problem is sent to the big prison up the road so this place has no fights or real trouble. when i visit, i go into a small visitor room that has chairs and vending machines. i can also go outside to the visitor picnic tables. i have never seen more than 7 or 8 inmates having a visitor when i am there because people are from all over the country and dont have family close enough to visit often. i take in money for the machines, my i.d. and we sit at a table and talk and no one looks our way or says anything to us. it is all low key and laid back,, kinda quiet. ask me anything and i'll tell you but that is the basics. good luck[/quot

Thank you for Help,
I will be going in on March 1st. I hope it is as smooth as you say. Do you know what you can buy from the store inside? Do you What the prices are for shoes cloths so on? How much money will i need to help me get set up?
Also if you can remember anything else it would help.

justagirlinsc
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Michael

If you don't mind me saying so, you don't seem prepared for this. I suggest you call the prison and get information. When you get there they are going to take everything you have away from you and issue you prison clothes. It is teal blue button down shirts and pants with your name and inmate number on them. You have to wear that from 5 30 to 4 00 then you can change to clothes you buy at the commissary.. I do not remember everything on the commissary list but if you call the prison they will get you one. My guy bought sweats, *pants/shirts* tennis shoes, socks underwear etc. they will not let you bring your own clothes in. He recently bought shorts because it has gotten warmer. They sell shampoo, soap etc and he buys that because he doesnt like the stuff they give you. Im sure it is the cheapest thing they can get. You really should get prepared. Call the camp and ask how much money you can bring and for the commissary list. Here is the link to the camp
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/wil/index.jsp

It really is laid back. Just be cool when you get there don't go in drinking or high on anything .. go in completly sober and humble. do what they say and
you will be fine. they will check you in at the big prison and it is intimidiating with all the fences and wires but you will only be there a few hours and they will drive you around to the camp. my uncle is the one there and he is 60 years old. but he is very streetwise and he is doing ok. he has a group he hangs with they walk the track every day and are focusing on their health while he is there. they have a nightly card game and a group of racing fans that watch the race together on sundays. when i was there last week the new inmate was a councilman and a lawyer from columbia that got usted for something politial and he was doing ok too - he had his family there for the 1st visit. I am told there are alot of lawyers in there . He said the eat alot of fried chicken , about 4 times a week they serve that and alot of things he isnt into like enchiladas etc but he said breakfeast is pretty damn good and he eats french toast ,real eggs fruit and cereal and cartons of milk.
you will be ok just get prepared. get with the prison staff or whoever is in charge of getting you in and find the commissary list. If you want family to visit, they need to complete these forms
http://www.bop.gov/policy/forms/Bp_a629.pdf

cezwife
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
My husband is here and has been for over 3 years. I don't know how other places but depending on the CO in the visit that day, its good. We have 8 hour visitation and don't get hassled too much. If you have specific questions let me know...I have been about 100 times.

cezwife
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Is he is Williamsburg FCi or Williamsburg FCI Satellite Camp? I was at the saatellite camp yesterday and it is very laid back . If he is there, message me and I will tell you all about it but you can expect a simple laid back visit there. I saw the WIlliamsburg FCI near it and it is very large and I didnt go in there

I have been many times over the last 3.5 years. You will be allowed to visit from 8 until 3...although you end up waiting for nearly 45 min before they bring you back. Also you can't go in the building until the co' s come get you. You just wait outside. Depending on the day they are laid back. You will sit with your man side by side and you shouldn't get too much bother as long as you keep your hands to yourself. Lol bring money for the card you buy to get food. You need a single to buy the card and if you bring fives it doesn't take the newer ones with the red ink. And you will still want some quarters for the drink machines. As far as clothes they get crazy here. Skirts havevto be below the knee, no sweatshirts or sweat material make sure your bra is wireless. No browns or khaki colors...if you need more info, email me. I will help you, I have been like 100 times, I'm kinda a pro...

justagirlinsc
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I have been many times over the last 3.5 years. You will be allowed to visit from 8 until 3...although you end up waiting for nearly 45 min before they bring you back. Also you can't go in the building until the co' s come get you. You just wait outside. Depending on the day they are laid back. You will sit with your man side by side and you shouldn't get too much bother as long as you keep your hands to yourself. Lol bring money for the card you buy to get food. You need a single to buy the card and if you bring fives it doesn't take the newer ones with the red ink. And you will still want some quarters for the drink machines. As far as clothes they get crazy here. Skirts havevto be below the knee, no sweatshirts or sweat material make sure your bra is wireless. No browns or khaki colors...if you need more info, email me. I will help you, I have been like 100 times, I'm kinda a pro...

You are referring to Williamsurg FCI right? I beleive this thread is talking about Williamsburg Satellite Camp down the street - it's different there _ i was there again yesterday

justagirlinsc
03-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Hello,
I am looking for someone that has a loved one in the satellite camp at Williamsburg (as I do) to discuss being incarcarated there so that I can try to understand and be more supportive. I wold appreciate any thought you have.

firstlove11
04-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Mine is there he just got there what doy ou know about that place?

justagirlinsc
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Mine is there he just got there what doy ou know about that place?
Good morning,
I was there yesterday for a visit. It is small and didn't seem much like a prison with no fence or anything. There was some commotion with an inmate that went into the womens restroom followed by a guard and alot of toilet flushing. I am not sure what was going on but the guards took that inmate and let the rest of us stay. Nobody said anything and acted like nothing happened. My man has been there about 3 months and I can't really say what its like, he doesnt tell me much and I am only able to go into a small room in the front. Have you been there?

missinmyhubby74
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
My husband has been there for 6yrs. It seems to be an okay place for prison. The way he describes it is like a college campus. They have freEdom to move about but only at scheduled move times. There are tvs everywhere. They watch movies and stuff. I don't like lockdowns because you won't hear from them for awhile depending on the length of the lockdown. The visit room is very small and the things that go on usually don't affect visit that i know of. He has told me of the inmates that have life or worse go into the bathrooms to have sex with their visitor or pass on drugs if they got them through. I haven't witnessed anything during my visits. They do need money to do just about anything there though.

Ladygraham
06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
My husband has been there for 6yrs. It seems to be an okay place for prison. The way he describes it is like a college campus. They have freEdom to move about but only at scheduled move times. There are tvs everywhere. They watch movies and stuff. I don't like lockdowns because you won't hear from them for awhile depending on the length of the lockdown. The visit room is very small and the things that go on usually don't affect visit that i know of. He has told me of the inmates that have life or worse go into the bathrooms to have sex with their visitor or pass on drugs if they got them through. I haven't witnessed anything during my visits. They do need money to do just about anything there though.

Good afternoon ladies! I'm a bit stressed out my fiancÚ is being transferred from Brooklyn, Ny to Williamsburg, VA do any of you ladies know of clean, nice hotels in the area? It is a 7 hour drive for me but I am thinking I will fly out every other month.. Any information will be appreciated

english2791
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
No message on corrs today :angry:and im flying down from ny to visit this weekend so now im stressed i called the prison and they said there was visitation this weekend i hope they are not lying to me...anyone know any different???