View Full Version : Please help - planning to get married in prison, how do you do it?

NFord
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
:confused: my finacee' has been recently incarcerated and we are planning on getting married while he's incarcerated. How do you go about doing that? What will I need to do to make sure that happens?

NFord

pmoments82
09-19-2003, 06:46 PM
NFord..
You can call to the facility and ask to speak to the Chaplin and he will let you know what needs to be done...

Good Luck:) pmoments82

mrsdragoness
09-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi and Welcome to PTO :wave:

Each state has its own rules and each prison within a state also may have different rules than the others. In order to help you, we need to know which state/facility your loved on is in.

mrs. dragon
forum moderator

NFord
09-22-2003, 09:28 AM
mrs. dragon

right now my finacee' is at Lake County jail in Ohio but will be sent to McKean in Bradford, PA. Do you know if it will be better to wait til he's sent off to PA. or will it be easier to get married while he's still in the county jail? I see that you reside in Michgan I will be moving up there soon are there any camps up there? What about Milan, Michgan will there be a camp there soon? Thank you for responding.
NFord

mrsdragoness
09-22-2003, 08:14 PM
I assume he's going to Feds??? There is a Fed prison in Milan, but I don't know much about it.....check in the federal forum for information.

If you could get married while he's in county it would probably save you a lot of hassle and paper work....it sometimes takes MONTHS to get approval in the prison system.

mrs. d