View Full Version : Florence CCA Visitation Q&A

ladymonster
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
I will be going for my first visit to Florence Correctional Center abd was just looking for some general Info about visiting? Clothing, DO i NEED A NUMBER OR SOMETHING? pLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

briansma
03-12-2007, 02:03 AM
I don't know about Florence, but we just went to Marana, AZ and ended up down the road at a Walmart buying new pants! We totally forgot - no blue denim!!!! Even though someone visiting had them on last time we made the trip no exceptions this time. And no dark brown pants or orange pants. You can't match the inmates, the guards, or denim because released inmates are given blue jeans if their families don't provide clothes.

Best advice is wear black or white. No low cut necklines either! In county you couldn't even wear sleeveless tops in August!!! Even a granny.

RaysHeart
04-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi there all,
I was curious if anyone knows what the visitation is like at the
Florence Facility on Bowling Road in Florence? It's the CCA prison and I don't see a lot of information on visits at these prisons..only the DOC visitations. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you.

Autumn

RaysHeart
04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I would greatly appreciate some imput on this subject even if its minimal. Thanks:)

Texas too
04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry Autumn,
I don't have any info about the CCA in Florence----perhaps some one will be along that can help you and answer some of your questions.

cortney1106
05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
:) Hey!! I was wondering about this place too.. I'm going to visit my man in September, but I've never even been to a prison before.. All I know is that he's sending some visitation applications, and hopefully I'm approved! I know that for us 'out of staters', I can request a special visit, which to my understanding is usually an all day thing (yey!), but so far, that's about all I know..
Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.. Thanks all!

~cortney

Hi there all,
I was curious if anyone knows what the visitation is like at the
Florence Facility on Bowling Road in Florence? It's the CCA prison and I don't see a lot of information on visits at these prisons..only the DOC visitations. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you.

Autumn

RaysHeart
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows if i'm able to wear a button down shirt to see my boyfriend in Florence, AZ . I can't seem to find a teal or mint green shirt that will match the skirt that I made. I also don't want to bake in something warm, with it being Arizona. I would like short sleeves, something like a georgette type shirt. If anyone has any good ideas, or knows a site I might look at it would be greatly appreciated.

Autumn

Inmate_Friend
07-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes you can wear a button down shirt, but make sure it isn't tight. Also, can't be low cut at all around the neck. Did you go to their website and read their dress code? Let me know if you need the site address and I will get it for you.

RaysHeart
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
yes I went tot he site but it didn't say anything about a button up shirt so I just wanted to make sure. :) Thank you:):)

Inmate_Friend
08-01-2007, 07:25 PM
You're welcome. Enjoy your visit. :)

smunoz1
09-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Hello to all seeking information about visiting CCA Florence. I have something to share with you all. I went in June 2009 to visit my man who is in CCA pending his case. There are several prisons in the Arizona desert and when I went to see him that first time, I got lost. When I finally found the CCA, it was around 1130 in the morning and I was directed by some signs with arrows that said visitation. All I wanted to do was get down and ask if I was in the correct place so that I would not get lost and waste three hours driving around the desert the next time I came.

There was a man in an unmarked white Ford F-150 blocking the road into the visitation area. I looked at him and he ignored me. I finally got his attention and pointed to the sign and pointed toward the direction it was pointing. This man pointed in another direction towards the front of the building. I followed his pointed direction in my car, and when I went around I ended up right back where I started. Again, I pointed to the sign and the man ignored me this time still blocking my way. I did not know why this man was blocking the way and ignoring me, and also did not know that he was an employee of the CCA as he was wearing a white button down shirt with no markings, so I drove around him. He proceeded to fly around at a high rate of speed and block me again. I realized, okay this guy means business. He got in front of my car with his truck jumped out and started to yell at me to "get out of here!" "get off the property!" I asked him his name. He told me that he didn't have a name. I told him that I wanted to ask him a question, he told me to "get out of here!" This man was YELLING at me like a crazy person. I asked him for his supervisor's name. He told me that he was the supervisor and to get off the property. By this time, I am angry and called him a few choice names in Spanish. I drove to the Pinal County Courthouse which is right next to the CCA and called in the office and he watched me the whole time. I spoke to a lady in visitation who told me that his job is to keep people from parking in the employee parking spots (let's ignore the fact that all I wanted to do was ask if that was where my honey was so that I would know for next time and would not have been there for more than 10 minutes). :angry: I told her the man treated me very badly and I wanted to know if i would be able to come back and visit at a later date, as he had told me to get off the property and not to come back. She asked me what the man looked like and I told her he was "a fat ignorant Mexican (I'm Mexican myself, please no offense to anyone, I was angry). Subsequently, I gave them my name and they would let me know. It took me three days and I finally got a call from the Assistant Warden. He proceeded to tell me "I don't know what you got going on in your life" gee, I have a loved one in his facility, that took me days to find, and phone call after phone call, I never had to deal with this situation before, and he wants to know what's wrong in my life. Anyway, I told him about how the man in the white truck treated me. He said he knew who it was that had done it. He said that he could not have me "interrupting his visitation" because it could case a riot, meanwhile I never even got inside of the building. He said he understood why I blew up, but have been banned from the facility for a year. Meanwhile, my man can get sent to another state, where I might not be able to afford to visit him. I cried and plead with him, but no go.

So here is my advice. If you miss the 10 am deadline to get into the visitation building, turn around and come back another day. You will not even be allowed into the visitation parking lot if you are late. There is a crazy PIT BULL of an employee that sits in an unmarked vehicle, who is not wearing identifiable insignia who has nothing better to do than sit there and make sure you don't park in the employee parking. If you encounter this man and he starts to yell, just leave quietly and come back another day. Don't say anything to him, if he's blocking the way, you know you're not allowed near the visitation building. I asked the assistant warden if it was so unreasonable for me to want to get down and ask a question. He said, no of course not, but I cannot have you disrupting my visitation. Be careful of the man in the parking lot you might end up like me and not be able to visit and have to waste every extra penny to get phone calls that run about $11.00 for half an hour if you call during the weekday and write letter after letter, but get them days later and by then the news is old. I thank God for the mail, so far they do a great job, it's slow but it works. Right now, I'm at about $300 a month in phone calls. My honey gets mad, but I want to talk to him, what can I say?

Ironically, after my encounter with the crazy man in the parking lot, CCA posted new visitation rules on their website that were not there before.

I love you Travieso. I miss you!:(

Morris1
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
smunoz1. I cannot believe what happened to you. Wow. I am just trying to get the lay of the land because my son is being transferred soon. Probably within a month I would guess to I assume one of the Arizona prisons.

Florence doesn't sound so great. There seems to be alot of people posting on the La Palma thread. How come very few are posting on the Red Rock and Florence threads? Any idea? Is La Palma the better one or something. No one has posted in Red Rock. Are they still transferring there?

Anyway, I am really sorry this happened to you. That seems so out of line. A year? I will definately pay attention to what you said.

frankyswifey
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, noone comes on the Florence one so i dont think there's anyone from PTO who visits Florence. I have been there 3 times and other then the visiting being very different then Ca., i have had a pleasant check in process and visit.

Tillthen
10-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Unfortunately, noone comes on the Florence one so i dont think there's anyone from PTO who visits Florence. I have been there 3 times and other then the visiting being very different then Ca., i have had a pleasant check in process and visit.
I visit Florence Correctional Center. I wish they had Sat & Sun visiting instead of Sun & Mon.

frankyswifey
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
where do you come from? I was just there Halloween weekend and yes, i wish they had weekend visits. I hate having to ask for Mondays off. When is the last time you went and when do you plan on going again?

pam-clyde-4ever
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I live in Az and go to Florence quite often. Anyone with questions can contact me and I will give you any info I have. But my guy is saying there is a rumor that he might get moved to La Palma within the next few months so I am a little worried. Has anyone heard anything about this?

luvsham
12-02-2010, 02:50 PM
CCA stands for correction corp of America it has a contract with the federal gov. It is a holding facility for federal inmates. It is for peolpe who are waiting to go to trial or be senteced. Correction corp of America has a website, it does't say much. There is CCA & CADC in Florence they aren't the same. I was also on CCA, the girls were housed in the same place as guyus but have since been moved. I used to be able to see my man from he window in my room when he went out to rec :) Just find out wut block your man is in, then the visit days get there 1 to 1/2 before to sign up no jackets with hoods open toed shoes or really low cut shirts. Bring your ID & birhtcertificate for kids just in case they didn't ask me for them but they can.

LadyBlackz
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Well my man finally got moved! He was in CADC then he just got moved around the corner to FCC. Now I'm just waiting for my visit app!! :yay:

Raskoz_Grl
01-14-2011, 02:27 AM
hey that's where my dude is at. what days so you visit?

LadyBlackz
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
hey that's where my dude is at. what days so you visit?

Yea I remember girly. :D He's in FCC but he aint with the Cali Inmates. He's still US Marshalls so it's still Glass visits. :cry:
I think my visits are Friday Saturday. He just barely turned in the visit list so I prolly wont get to see him till next week.

LadyBlackz
01-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Scratch that...he got moved already...Oh well...was a nice thought while it lasted.
Bye y'all!

adrosa
06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
how can i sign up for visitation for Florence CCA ? he's not there yet but will be within a couple of days.looked every where for info could only find a lil someone plz help

MissMyMan:(
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
how can i sign up for visitation for Florence CCA ? he's not there yet but will be within a couple of days.looked every where for info could only find a lil someone plz help

Well when i called last they said you dont need to be on a list just show up but you have to know which days are visitation days for the unit he's in

stephyaz
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Well when i called last they said you dont need to be on a list just show up but you have to know which days are visitation days for the unit he's in

just call u have to knw what unit hes in cuz their different times and days for each pod

LettyYJuan5
10-04-2011, 04:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone know if we can send mail when being held in Florence CCA center and if so what do i have to put on the envelope ? if some one could help me :confused: