View Full Version : Question about the parole board

winddancer1969
04-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I was wondering if there's a Mr. Neal/Neil on the North Carolina parole board? My man had a hearing with him back in February before he was sent to Alexander CI, and he was totally unfair & wouldn't hear him or his attorney.

mel2020
04-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Is your man in under Fair Sentencing? That's the only way he can get a parole hearing. Also, I didn't think they actually did "hearings." I thought they just reviewed his file. That's the way its supposed to be, anyway.

Other than that, I don't know if there is or not. I hope your find your answer. Good luck with parole for the next go round! :D

winddancer1969
04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
He was told when he was first locked up in our county jail that he could request a hearing. He turned it down then, that was 4/1/2006. Well, in February, he requested one.

He had spent 12 years in prison before, and was paroled out in December 2005. He was framed for that incarceration, now he's being framed again for something else he didn't do. The man who made sure he was locked up both times had worked for the county in one capacity or another, now he's our 'new' sheriff. And he's crooked as heck. He framed my man the first time because he thought that my sweetie knew more than he was comfortable with about his dealings with drugs. He got worried again when he was paroled out in December 2005. So, he framed him again on something again, with the help of the people my man was working for.

But, on the day that he was supposed to meet with the guy from the parole board, this 'sheriff' hi-jacked this guy and told him a bunch of crap, what he said we don't quite know yet. But the guy from the parole board would even let my sweetie or his attorney speak. But his mom & I feel that he's just as crooked as this sheriff.

Small town legal system...don't ya just love 'em!?! But all of this is why I was asking the question that I did.

winddancer1969
04-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, by the way, I'm kinda new to the legal system as far as incarceration goes, so I had never heard of fair sentencing. Nothing about his whole situation is fair, if you ask me! But as far as I know, they haven't reviewed his file as far as his present situation. They wouldn't even let his attorney speak, let alone look at her file on him. His whole family, and I are fed up with the whole legal system right now.

mel2020
04-22-2007, 02:06 PM
If he was in for 12 years by 2005, he's a fair felon which means he was sentenced under the Fair Sentencing Act and not the Structured Sentencing Act. That's the only way he can have parole because SS makes them do a mandatory minimum. Just in case you wanted to know :)

Anyway, yeah, small town good ol boys...ya gotta love 'em! At least they're a dying breed. We can be thankful for that. But, there's not an appeals process for parole commissions so the only thing you can really do is try to get someone to check behind this guy to see if he's straight. If they can find some crookedness there, maybe you can get a new hearing. Other than that, I don't know. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'll think on it some more. If I come up with anything, I'll let ya know. :D

winddancer1969
04-22-2007, 08:38 PM
His mom & I both feel that the guy from the parole board was easily swayed by what every "Barney Fife" had said to him. So, that makes us both feel that he's just as crooked as the sheriff.

And yep, the good ol' boy thing is on it's way to fizzling it's way out. I think it might have something to do with stuff like cameras in cop cars now, etc. I don't know about other people, but I tend to watch cops & politicians a bit closer than I used to. ;)

mel2020
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
*LMAO* Barney Fife *LMAO* Too big for his britches *LMAO*

:no: