View Full Version : visitation day turn aways

CDCsMom
07-10-2002, 08:27 PM
My son's in prison in the Central Valley, where it's incredibly hot in the summer. Even with temps at 100 or above, NO shorts, NO spaghetti sleeves -- maybe short sleeves, if you are lucky, depending who is on. Also, NO open toed shoes and women must wear a bra, but a bra with no metal. Tell me - ladies - a bra with no metal!?!?! Gotta be a sport bra, so that's what I wear. Quite the fashion statement but no one can see it. There's a trailer near the institution which has extra clothes in case of turn away, as well as free coffee, diapers, etc. It seems very, very subjective as to who gets in and who doesn't, and how the dress code is enforced. Most women wear muu muus and sneakers, sweat pants in the winter. I've found it useless to argue with a turn away, it just makes the turner-awayer very very happy to watch me get upset. I go to Kmart or thrift store and get the item I need.

Valerie
07-10-2002, 09:03 PM
Dear Conmom, I know what you mean.When my daughter in-law visits my son,also in northern Calif.she has to change almost every time. She just can't please them. Her problem is she has a nice shape and I've seen others get in , in much tighter much shorter etc etc.but because of her body(I think)its impossible to make them happy.It doesn't seem fair, does it? By the way,Welcome to prisontalk.

Budwoman
07-11-2002, 07:31 AM
YOU KNOW, I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THERE MUST BE A DRESS CODE OF SORTS, BUT, IT GETS REDICULOUS WHEN THEY ARE SO PICKY ABOUT LITTLE THINGS.

EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU GO, THERE SEEMS TO BE A DIFFERENT CODE... YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TO WEAR. MY HUSBAND (62) WAS TURNED AWAY BECAUSE HE HAD BERMUDAS ON THAT HE HAD WORN FOR 11 YEARS TO VISIT.... THEN, ONE SUNDAY, BAM, HE COULD NOT GO IN...

REALLY REDICILOUS

DONNA