View Full Version : Discovery Ch. Taping Documentary @ Solano?

Sunflower76
04-02-2007, 09:55 AM
So it looks like sometime in the near future we'll get a show for Solano! :)

Dcal
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
:confused: Did your man tell you they were taping? Let us know if you find out when it will be shown ok? :)

William'sBaby
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
My husband told me it is National Geographic who is taping there. He (my husband) had to sign a form stating that he was ok with his image being shown on camera. They were taping in his classroom and on the yard. So yup, they really were there this week.

William'sBaby:heart:

12-16-06
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Ya they have been taping last week also. My husband works in the R&R and had to sign the relese also. Cant wait to see it.

William'sBaby
04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah! And my husband told me that he was told the documentary will air sometime this summer! I'll keep checking the National Geographic website for info about this. :thumbsup:

William'sBaby:heart:

Sunflower76
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Nat'l Geo makes a lot more sense than the Discovery ch. :)

Here's something interesting...maybe you ladies have heard about this. My friend had to wait for nearly an hour to get into the library last week. When they finally let them in they found out the delay was due to taping...but there was no one in there. Like, no inmates. So, just the empty library.

Then, another day, he had to wait to get into the chapel. The crew was coming & going, & they were clearly gonna be taping in there. He saw a guy w/ a little bit of blue (you know, inmate blue) sticking out above his coat. He thought it was strange they let a crew member in in blue. When they were finally let into the chapel after they finished, he realized they were again taping an empty room, since no inmates had gone in or out. And then he wondered if that guy w/ the blue shirt was perhaps an actor?!?

I know they use real inmates. But I am also stunned by what I hear some of these guys saying on tv, & wonder how they survive after sharing some of the things they share. Could it be that they DO use actors for some of the scenes?

I thought "no way" at first, & then I thought maybe it isn't such a bad idea, as long as they give the correct information.

I dunno, but interesting!

LuvmyJP
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
My honey told me Discovery Channel as well. I wonder which one it really is? Either way I can't wait to see it!

BigDaddy72
04-05-2007, 01:29 AM
National Geographic filmed one of thier Lockdown episodes at VSPW in Chowchilla where my fiancee is. She was filmed for a significant amount of time as were many others, but they chose only to use 5 women out of the many they filmed.The one's they used were one who was the big drug dealer inside, another who was in ADSEG, another who was pregnant and giving birth inside during filming, another who was being released at the time of filming, etc. It was a good show, but I was a little dissapointed with it.

Also if your loved one is not on the special, I saw film of my girl on thier website they added as extra's in addition to the TV show.