View Full Version : No early morning parking allowed @ Solano anymore?

Sunflower76
04-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Ladies, just a heads up...there are signs posted at Solano stating that as of March 30, 2007 the Vacaville police WILL be enforcing the "no parking" signs along Peabody Rd.

I didn't know that until I was on the prison grounds after 7am, & no one was ticketing once I got in that line at 6:15am, but I'm sure they'll get on it sooner or later. :(

I don't know what people do when they can't park there. I know they go through this now & then, but I haven't experienced it.

Anyway...apparently no more parking on Peabody.

William'sBaby
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I was there early Saturday morning with no problems. I think the Vaca PD is more concerned with the cars that are parked out there on Friday afternoons. Everyone needs to show some respect to the residents who live across the street from the prison. I called the Vaca PD on Friday to ask them about this situation. They told me that there have been complaints from residents who live close by. They said that Solano visitors (not all of us, just some) park outside in the early morning hours and blast their music, urinate in the street, etc. That kind of behavior is not acceptable, and I'd be pissed off too if I lived across the street from the facility. So they have a right to be mad.

Visitors have been parking on Peabody road for many, many years. But, all it takes is for a few disrespectful slobs to ruin it for us all. If everyone just waits quietly and patiently we should be allowed to continue to park on Peabody road.

William'sBaby:heart:

Sunflower76
04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
That all makes a lot of sense. I hope it doesn't become an issue. I know I'm thankful we don't have some of the issues others face at other facilities. The Ironwood/Chuckawalla ladies are having a rough time, due to the disprespectful attitides and actions of a few. I am SO thankful we don't see much of that.

Thanks for calling the PD...I think it usually helps to know "why". :)

edsbaby
04-06-2007, 03:09 AM
That's so crazy!! But that's all it takes is one inconsiderate, I will be nice, person to make things difficult for the rest. I was visiting there 2 years ago. Back then if you didn't get there by at least 530am you weren't getting in untill close to noon!! I'm sure it hasn't changed much. Hopefully for all your sakes, the VPD won't enforce this parking issue! And those "people" will be more respectful of others!