View Full Version : Commissary - How to Send Money - Updated!!!

juliwaits
09-14-2003, 10:18 AM
There is a difference in how you send money depending on whether your loved one is at the county jail or at the ADC.

If he/she is in the county jail, you simply mail a money order along with your letter, the jail will take out the money order and replace it with a receipt and then give the inmate his/her mail. I alway put a note in the letter that I enclosed a money order and note the amount as well, so he'll know I sent the money.

When/if he/she goes to ADC, any commissary money left on an inmate's books will be refunded to the inmate in the form of a check which he/she can take to ADC for his commissary books there.

Once the inmate goes to ADC, the way you send money changes. You can still only send money orders but you do not send them to the inmates facility and you can't send any correspondence to the inmate with the money order. Letters go to the facility, money orders go to pine bluff and MUST be accompanied by a deposit slip.

I have blank copies of deposit slips if you need one (but your loved one get one for you once he gets to diagnostics) . Here is the official in formation

ADC
Arkansas Department of Corrections

TO: Inmate Population

Re: Money Orders

Date: June 23, 2003

Advise your family and friends that beginning on Saturday, July 26, 2003, all money orders should be mailed to:

Arkansas Department of Corrections
TrustFund Centralized Banking
PO Box 8908
Pine Bluff, AR 71611

Money orders should continue to be made payable to inmate name and inmate ADC number. A "Money Order Deposit Slip" must be completed and sent with each money order. Money Order Deposit Slip forms will be made available for you to send to family and friends from whom you receive money orders. Be advised that after a short transition period, money orders will be returned to sender if received without the required completed deposit slip. Advise your family and friends to mail all money orders beginning Saturday, July 26, 2003, to the above address with required Money Order Deposit Slip.

Advise your family and friends not to mail any money orders to your unit of assignment.

Only money orders with deposit slip will be accepted at the above referenced address. Any other item(s) received at above address, including money orders, will be returned to sender.

juliwaits
11-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Here's a link to the deposit slip. U can print it out and use it.

http://www.state.ar.us/doc/pdf/money_order_deposit_slip.pdf

Bethie_Boo
11-19-2003, 08:06 PM
That will be very helpful in the future!

marylynnr1973
01-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Glad to see this topic. It answered some of my questions.
I am new to all this and find this site to be very helpful.

Take care,
Mary

juliwaits
03-22-2004, 05:54 AM
hope this helps

rose107
10-14-2004, 06:21 PM
The link you provided would not come up. Do you have another site I could download the deposit slip from? Thanks I appreciate you help.

Here's a link to the deposit slip. U can print it out and use it. http://www.wm3.org/images/deposit.gif

juliwaits
10-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Sorry! Here's an updated link:

http://www.state.ar.us/doc/pdf/money_order_deposit_slip.pdf

juliwaits
04-21-2005, 06:40 PM
The new electronic option is working!! I went on ADC's website and saw the info (below). I used it to send $25 to my hubby, total it cost me was 26.25. That's not bad considering a money order is 95cents! They even email you a receipt if you want. Pretty nifty! :thumbsup:

The Inmate Banking Deposit Service is now available. This service has been introduced as a fast and secure way to deposit funds into an inmate's trust account by using a credit card. The minimum deposit amount is $10.00 and a 5% transaction fee will be added to the total. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted. If you would like to make a deposit through the Inmate Banking Deposit Service, click the Send $ button. If this button does not appear, the inmate may not receive funds. ADC Inmate Banking does not maintain funds for inmates housed at county unit locations.

Hitch's Girl
04-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Do you know if that goes into their account immediately or do they have to wait? I think it's great that they're doing this. Not only does it save time to have to go to the post office, get the money order but it also saves the 37 cent stamp that we have to spend to send the money. Pretty cool :D

juliwaits
04-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Good question.. the money order went in pretty quickly, so this SHOULD be even faster. PODS put a new story about it in the Arkansas News and Events thread. See if you can find that article for more info. (sorry, i'm rushed!)

crisnclay
04-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I sent my husband some money through the ADC website and it took 3 days to get on his books. I will just send his money the old way

Mike
11-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Is this form still in use? I want to send my pal some $ but he's in lockdown and can't get forms. I can't send $ online because I don't have a Visa, MC or Discover card. But if I can use this form ,which you have a link for in this thread, I can send a money order out right away.
Thanks.

crisnclay
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Mike if hes in lock down the money will not do him any good, wait until he gets out of the hole and then send it

karri lewis
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I went to radio shack and bought a pre-paid master card,, it actually works very good on sending your loved one money on the adc web site,

butchies_girl
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
The money sent on line gets credited that day i always use it! it saves time and money(gas money order postage) and if you send it snail mail who knows if you get it there before their store day.

wolfen
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
How long does it take after you send the money order before the inmate gets notified that he has money in his account?

butchies_girl
07-17-2006, 03:41 PM
usually a couple of days

ittybittykitty
07-17-2006, 03:51 PM
After it gets to Pine Bluff usually a couple days, I think it takes about two days from Fayetteville to Pine Bluff for the mail.Have you thought about trying the website? It takes two days usually on it. Go to the ADC website look for inmate deposit and follow directions, you can use a debit card or credit card for this.Quickest way to get it to them, costs a little in processing but no more than the money order, stamp,and gas to the post office.

bjackson
08-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Any one have a site where I can get (print) a Money slip for a Texas Unit?

ittybittykitty
08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry to say this but I think you'd have better luck posting this question on the Texas forum, since it is pertaining to a Texas unit.Best of luck to you getting your answer.Kitty

tommysgirl07
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
how do u send money to people in RPF i need to know plz.........

tommysgirl07

ittybittykitty
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Not sure but I figure the same way to any other ADC unit ?????? Go to the ADC website and follow the props on inmate deposit section.Good Luck Kitty

JJT
09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Is this information current? It is a year old and things change rapidly in the system, so I was just wondering if this information is still current.

Thank you!

JJT

tottles
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure if it's current or not. I do know that on the ADC website, you can put money into an account for the inmates, but since my fiance is under control of DCC, it's not possible. If they aren't listed on the ADC website, then you can't send them money.

bjackson
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
:thumbsup:I use Jpay when I send $50.00 it runs me ($5.95) $59.95. He has it within minutes. Not everywhere accepts Jpay, you will just have to check. You also have to have either a Credit Card are Debit Card. Good Luck All.

sadgrl
09-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Is this information current? It is a year old and things change rapidly in the system, so I was just wondering if this information is still current.

Thank you!

JJT

When you go to the ADC website you do your search for your inmate. There is a "send $" sign on their page. You click that and you can either put money on their regular books or on their phone account. Keep in mind the phone account is for him to use to call anyone on their calling list. You can go through GTL and set it up to where the phone money you put on is only to call your number. There is a transaction fee of 5% to put money on their books. So if you send $50.00 it costs you $52.50.

Mama C
12-17-2008, 12:26 PM
What is commissary money?

bjackson
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, I have been using JPay for years, it is very cheat , safe & Fast way to send money. I send my son money usually 1st & 15th.

Lenae
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
What do you parents think is a reasonable amount of money to send a month to your son?

hotchic_2005
12-11-2010, 12:57 AM
I would say $75-100. I was sending my boyfriend $300 a month and he gained a lot of weight from eating too much junk food. But when I was in jail I was able to get what I NEEDED for $100 a month (that included my meds).

depressedbyital
12-22-2010, 07:41 AM
well....my husband took 100.00 with him and has been at grimes for a week and still does not have it on his account......wish it would hurry up ... i am tired of listening to him complain...but at least he can call..lol