View Full Version : Is he Violent or is it just a corrupt town?

inmatemama
03-30-2007, 08:18 PM
When I met my {now} husband, he was out on bond... Had been, for over 2 years.. I knew "of" him, & I knew some of his family, but not him, personally...
I'd heard rumers, that he'd shot his girlfriend, but also, that it was an accident.. I did know the girl, who had a reputation for running around..
He and I, spent hours talking, and I learned from him, and later, from police transcripts, what had actually taken place.
He had met the girl at work, and had fallen for her. Her husband had left her, because she had been cheating on him [a few times}, and the girl, whom we'll call "Jill", came to work and cried to "Jack" about her delemma.
Jack, being the kind of guy he is, took pity on her, and let her and her 2 children move into his home with his 2 children, whom he had legal custody of, and himself.
He was attracted to her, and she was coming on to him, big time!
They lived together as husband and wife, for 4 months, and the children all got along as brothers and sisters.
Come to find out, she had been corresponding with her real husband, all along, and was planning to leave Jack, as soon as her husband came back into the state. She was just using Jack, and his money, to keep her bills paid, and her children fed...
On the morning of her "planned" departure, she told Jack, she would be leaving him, and Jack became irrational. {he was already on Paxal for depression} He threatened to commit suicide, if she left. He knew she had a hand gun in the bedroom.** belonging to her} and he went in and got it. He put it to his head, and she wrestled it away from him, but it went off, shooting her through the leg.
He took her to the hospital, & she told them she had shot herself, accidently. They released her the same day. The 2 of them went home, and even attended her brothers birthday party that night. They slept in the same bed together, & he even bathed her.
They stayed together, with their children, {ranging in ages from 12 to 17} for the next 3 days, until her husband came to get her. ** Jack, knew nothing of this}
Once he arrived in town, her Mom came to the house & got her, taking her to her husband. The 3 of them went straight to the police, and filed every charge they could think of, against Jack, including, kidnapping, 2 ct's of rape, assault & battery with intent to kill. And Use of a firearm.
His parents hired a local attorney, who, come to find out, was a friend of the "victims" family, and to cut to the chase, the Lawyer convinced "Jack", that his best bet, was to cop a plea, rather than take a chance of being convicted of all charges...
Jack, not knowing any better, agreed to pleading guilty of assault with intent to kill--- which was balogna... Suicide, is more like it!
Anyway, Jack got 10 years, 85%, violent...no chance for parole..
He and I got married his first year in prison, and it's been almost 4 years now. The girl has left town, because everyone around here, knows what she did, but her Mom works for the Police in town, as a dispatch operator, {did at that time, too!} and she and the family, all play softball, with the police, and Lawyers,They're all friends.. This is the south, and this town is known for it's crookedness... :angry:
In Jill's police statement, which she gave 3 different times, she contradicts herself, in so many instances it's sooo obvious, but we can't win, for losing.. He's a nobody, and The girl has the Law around her finger..
We even filed a PCR, with no results.. They scared Jack into backing out, because they told him if it wasn't ruled in his favour, he'd get More time!!!
This town is sooo crooked, there's no telling what would happen... So, there he sits, Almost 4 years now, with no write ups, no "violence", and he's been re-classified, to a level 1 yard, for good behaviour. Now, Does that sound like a "Violent Offender" to you?
I wish this corruption would be revealed for what it is...
Please keep us in your prayers. Thank's for listening!

haswtch
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
hugs. I could go on, but for now, hugs.

CRINKLEDHALO
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Anyone can be labled violent givin the situation. Chin up...

PattiD1157
03-31-2007, 01:07 AM
unfortunately society is quick to label. It's a sad sad sad world we live in. :( :( :(

MurphyGirl
03-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry you guy had to go thru this, but he is very lucky to have a friend like you in his life. I am sure it helps his time go by much quicker!

Ann

Jillian
03-31-2007, 11:48 PM
The system unfortuanately labels everyone by their crime and how they see it fit, if any type of harm is done they are automatically labeled a Violent offender. Many of these labeled offenders arent violent what so ever in their every day life but situations leads to things and because of one incident they are labeled this forever

neptune08
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
What a shame...thanks for sharing! Keep your prayers going, you never know what new laws can come about. Congrats on being such a strong woman! Hang in there!

sonik
04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Im so sorry for what has happened to you both. Honestly the way your system works over there is ridiculous all we can do is hope it gets better instead of worse. I wish you and your husband all the best for the future

haswtch
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
the system does soooooo NOT work, that's the thing! the cops whine about it all the time too, and the victims. Its just a mess for all