View Full Version : SMCI Zone 2 on lockdown

sweetazalea
03-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I talked with my guy today. His zone is on lockdown because of fighting and one attempted ascape. Thats all the information I know as of now.

Mrs.Glamma
03-30-2007, 09:25 PM
VoTech was closed down yesterday and today. The guys did not get called out for class or work. VERY long hot days for them. Area 1 had shakedown today, and my guess is Area 2 did as well.

I-Care
03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
I also know some "DNA" testing is going on in a few prisons in MS and when they do that they put them in "lock down" or that was what I was told from some one at MSP about the DNA testing. This may not be a contributing factor at all at SMCI but it could be....

Mrs.Glamma
03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
I also know some "DNA" testing is going on in a few prisons in MS and when they do that they put them in "lock down" or that was what I was told from some one at MSP about the DNA testing. This may not be a contributing factor at all at SMCI but it could be....

No not this time. They did the DNA there a week or two ago. This is people doing stuff they shouldn't be doing and making life rougher on fellow inmates.

APRIL 1: Confirmed that Area 2 has been on LD for violence. Votech other reasons.

sweetazalea
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Dam thats what my guy said too. He said they were fighting and he said one person was missing. Not sure if he ascaped or not. Also, I was told if they refused DNA, they are put in solitary.

PTO-29412
04-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Right - anytime there is a fight in a unit or area the entire prison goes onto lockdown status - this is to protect the guards and inmates in case of racial, gang, or retribution violence breaking out.

Mrs.Glamma
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Right - anytime there is a fight in a unit or area the entire prison goes onto lockdown status - this is to protect the guards and inmates in case of racial, gang, or retribution violence breaking out.

This time the lockdown for violence only affected Area 2. Area 1 shakedown was unrelated to that. They are not on LD

sweetazalea
04-02-2007, 07:59 PM
My man said the fight was racial and gang related. The lock down is now over though.

Mrs.Glamma
04-19-2007, 08:28 PM
For those with loved ones at SMCI:

There was a major incident in the past few days in AREA 2, involving several inmates jumping a CO, which landed the CO in ICU. I think they may be on LD now, not sure, but Area 1 is anticipating LD because of it. :(

sweetazalea
04-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Oh gosh, I'm so glad my man is not still there.. I'll keep yall in my prayers.

SerendipityLove
04-23-2007, 06:53 AM
My brother in law is there...I hope he wasn't involved. He has gotten into alot of trouble up there. But he's in A-1 B-zone. So I guess he wasn't involved. I hope not anyways.....

Mrs.Glamma
04-23-2007, 07:52 PM
My brother in law is there...I hope he wasn't involved. He has gotten into alot of trouble up there. But he's in A-1 B-zone. So I guess he wasn't involved. I hope not anyways.....

He is in Area 2. Sorry to hear he has been in trouble and sure hope he was not in on this one. Repercussions for jumping a guard can't be good.