View Full Version : Private Family Visit - list of what is allowed

Leanne0106
03-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Does anyone have a list of what items are allowed to be brought in for the private family visit?

Condoms?
sex store items?
shampoo? - i imagine a small unopened bottle would be ok
conditioner?
toothbrush, toothpaste?
baby food? - I imagine we can buy this off of the grocery list

If anyone has the list and you can post it I would really appreicate it. It will give me a head start preparing.

Thanks!

GEORGEES GIRL
03-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Arent you lucky. Im new to this web site. I think you can check lasd.org. And browse the page and get some information. Good luck have fun. I take it your married to the inmate. Im engaged to an inmate. Do you have any info on inmate marriages? Thanks.

Leanne0106
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
welcome to the website, you'll meet a lot of wonderful people here. Thanks for the reference to lasd.org but I'm in Canada. For info on prison weddings check out the index for this website, there is a whole forum for prison weddings, you'll definitely get the info there that you need. Good luck and welcome!!!!!

Leanne0106
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
anyone?

minx
03-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I can't say for sure but from the people I've talked to who have Family Visits you can bring up to 10 condoms, toiletries (shampoo,conditioner,toothbrush, etc.) sex toys -probably not because of the internal mechanisms (but you could call and find out for sure). Usually one bag of clothes and any neccessary medication. Sorry, thats all I know and its for my area. You could call the facility and find out for sure or your guy could get a list.

Leanne0106
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Minx - thanks for the info

Linaka
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
not sure if u got the info yet but as far as alberta prisons go condoms are supplied.. everything u bring in must be un opened but they will let that slide sometimes. 1 pair of earrings, 1 necklace, 1 ring.. usually a wedding band, one blow dryer, straigtener or curling iron, as much clothes as u want, towel, NO MAKEUP, nothing in glass/breakable containers meaning no perfume, nothing containing alcohol including gel (some contain alcohol doesnt matter how much or how little if it says alcohol its not allowed). Cigarettes are allowed.. all un opened packs and any opened packs when leaving are thrown away u can not take them with u. I think thats all... at least all i can think of right now lol!

eastcoastchick
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
no make up? that's messed up

Linaka
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
lol tell me about it... the first visit i had i was able to take it and then all of a sudden they wouldnt let me anymore, after waiting like an hour just to get in i was physically exhausted and pissed off already so when they told me that i started to cry lol. im over it now, my baby loves me i guess makeup or no makeup.. however i cant see how he possibly could lol. I scare myself without makeup! lol

User9999
11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
depends on what level prison he is in caus ewhen i go for my pfvs i bring in make up, lotions, soaps all that. and opened cigarettes too. there is a list posted somewhere i will try to find for you...

User9999
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179459

i know this is just for a specific prison and it is minimum security but it gives you an idea...in the process of being approved for a pfv you will have a home assessment where someone will come to see you at your hosue. they have information about what you are allowed to bring...also yuo could check the corrections canada website www.csc-scc.gc.ca (http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca)

lilystacey
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi..Im new on the site.. I was nervous the first time I went to PFV so I thought this might help..My PFV experience..

Here's the dish on PFV in Quebec (or at Donnacona Inst. to be exact) Maximum Pen

Not Allowed:
Blow Dryers (*There are provided for you in the PVF unit)

Hair straightners (or any electrical appliance)

Ciggarettes (The inmate can order them for you in the "grocerys" but you can't bring them in from the outside..opened or closed doesn't matter)

Nail polish or remover/hair spray (in the arosol can..normal pump is okay)

Non-perscription Medication of any kind (i.e: Advil,tylenol,antacid..nothing..)

*You can bring in perscription medication as long as you've notified them in advance and been "approved" to bring it with you.*

Ps: baby food,formula and diapers can be ordered by the inmate in the "grocerys" (call the prison and ask to be sure.)

Okay here's what i brought with me..

Clothes (pants,shirts,under-garments,socks...ect.. there was no number of things i was allowed they just took an inventory of the clothing) I brough ALOT of stuff..I over did it..lol..first time nerves..

Winter Jacket

shoes

Shampoo,Conditioner,
hair serum, soap, tooth paste,
tooth brush, hair brush, pick (for my hair)
hair elastics (lots of them),
Make-up (no problem i brought my whole kit...lol..mascara,foundation,lip gloss..everything..)
Tanning cream..
Body loition
Ky jelly..lol..(dont be shy they know whats involved in the PVF)

As for condoms you are allowed to bring them but there also provided in the PVF unit..

provided in the PFV unit: Tampons,pads,condoms..(more for emergeny use I think..)

Okay thats all I remember right now.. But rest ashured that if you bring anything your not allowed its okay..they'll just get you to leave it in the front until you leave..no biggie..

Don't worry..Its never as scary as you expect it to be..

I hope this helps..

Lilystacey

eastcoastchick
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Yours is in Donnacona? Mine is in Port-Cartier! He tells me all the time about transfers coming in from Donnacona, a friend of his is there right now. OK so our PFV's have been approved by the PO that did the family assessment, approved by security and his PO inside, and it was approved by the VNC board... now it just needs to be signed by the warden and we've got them I guess... keeping fingers crossed.

I'm still trying to get him to get me a list of what is and isn't allowed. I will post it here once I have it. :)

lilystacey
11-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Is Port-Cartier Medium security?? or Max?? Im off to another PFV on tuesday..Its been exactly 6 weeks since our last one. They say evey 6 to 8 weeks but at Donnacona it seems to be closer to 6.. It took awhile to be approved (and we were married..5 years before he went to the pen) but once we were approved its been really simple.
PFV's are nothing like "visiting" its so nice to have privacy,and you can almost forget ( if just for a few days ) where you are..

eastcoastchick
11-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Port-Cartier is a max as well, I'm on the east coast and he was transferred there from Atlantic institution which was also a max, over several occurrences. Anyhow, they told him that because I'm so far away that when I visit I could possibly stay for longer, like 5 or 6 days or something. I have enough air miles saved up for 3 round trips to Quebec so that's good! :)

butterfly16
12-18-2007, 07:56 PM
LilyStacy, thanks for posting whats allowed and east coast chick you hit the jackpot 5-6 days !!!!! Woot Woot!!!! LOL