View Full Version : Franklin Parish Detention Center Packages Memo

DoingTimeinLove
03-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey ya'll. I found out at the end of last week that FPDC will no longer be accepting packages of any type as of TODAY :angry: I had ordered some jeans and a pair of shower shoes for my huni before the memo had been sent out. WELL.. one of the packages arrived today and they sent it back!! I had even called this morning and asked the guy if it got there today would he be able to have it and he said YES! When I called back this afternoon when I saw through FED-X it had been denied.. the guy said anything received today they couldn't have. Another way the Louisiana correctional department screws up!!

SpunkyMonkey
03-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Awww...I'm sorry to hear that hun!! :( I hope that doesn't happen at all of them. My husband is at Phelps and he hasn't said anything so far. He has to get all his clothes, etc through the prison but I can send him cd's, mags and books through other sources like walmart, amazon, etc. I hope they don't change that!!! Again...sorry to hear of your trouble!!

hoolio's mom
03-29-2007, 11:27 AM
spunky, may i ask where is phelps? cds& mags through walmart, thats great, i have to get my son's through pack central, or amazon, too much hassel

hoolio's mom
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
doingtime, you said he's in franklin, st mary parish right?

DoingTimeinLove
03-29-2007, 06:51 PM
nah.. franklin parish.. which is way up north by Monroe.

SpunkyMonkey
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Hoolio's mom....Phelps is in DeQuincy just outside of Lake Charles...it's a medium security and they are ok with recieving stuff from Wal-mart as it comes straight from them online....like Amazon. You might call the prison and ask the mailroom if you can send from there as well!

hoolio's mom
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
thank you, i did, they said, he can get certain magazines from amazon, but the music gotta be from pack central or music by mail, ty anyways.

youngnlov
04-01-2007, 11:30 PM
yea. my man is in franklin parish detention center also. he called me at home and told about the packages. supposedly one person tried to sneak drugs in through their packages(which i dont understand how, because all the packages have to be sent from stores) so they cut off packages for everybody. they have been cutting a lot of things there lately. my fiance was saying that they've been giving them less time to eat there(i think its down to 3 minutes right now) and they have even brought comissary items at like 12 midnight instead of in the evening like normal.
and they will tell you contradicting things when you call. if you ask one question to 3 different people, you will get 3 different answers. and if you ask to speak with the warden they will leave you on hold for as long as possible hoping that you will hang up. trust me, ive been done that way 3 times already.

DoingTimeinLove
04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
They usually would tell me that the warden wasnt there at all lol. I would ask well when will he be there and call back. In the last month I probably spoke to him once a week. The day my fiance was transferred they told me the warden was on vacation.. but the day before they told me he was at a one day converence lol. My fiance is sooo glad to be gone from there. He hated it!

youngnlov
04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
lol. yea i got a message on my phone today from my fiance's cousin's mom telling me that he had been transferred to a facility in Lake Providence. Something that neither one of us knew was going to happen. His cousin said that they just came and rounded up a bout 3 or 4 people and told them they were being transferred. So right now I'm running like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find out whether he is in East Carroll Detention Center or Riverbend and trying to make sure all of his money will get transferred off his book because he had about 2700 dollars before they took him off work release.
It's not that bad though I guess, since he has been at ECDC and Riverbend before.

DoingTimeinLove
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
You can check vinelink.com to find out what facility he is in. I'm running crazy right now myself ..