View Full Version : Does anyone get Conjugal Visits?

Sexesweet
07-09-2002, 11:50 AM
HELLOW DO YOU GET TRAILER VISITS ? I WISH THAT ME AND CHARLES CAN THAT WHOULD BE REALY GREAT IF THAT CAN HAPPEN!!!!!!

sherri13
07-09-2002, 11:53 AM
NO :(

BUT WE MEET IN OUR DREAMS :)

aprilcat
07-09-2002, 11:55 AM
i'm not sure of many states that DO get conjugal visits, sexesweet.

sherri, my friend at WCI told me they DO have facilties there for them, but you must be legally married and it takes forever to get approved. i was very shocked when he said this!

sherri13
07-09-2002, 11:56 AM
WHERE IS WCI???

B-Ray
07-09-2002, 12:15 PM
>>>conjugal visits<<<

I know that DVI Tracy CA does or did when my inmate friend married his pen-pal from WI. DVI had/has two or three studio apts. She would stay here at my place until time to go there for the weekend. Sunday afternoon they spent in the visiting room like everybody else. Jose would have me buy from a list of foods he wanted and then have a check cut from his account to pay me back.

BillnDenise
07-09-2002, 01:21 PM
NO!! Since Billy is in federal. He's been down for 2 years 2 months and has 2 years 8 months left. I've waited this long, so I think that I can wait until Billy comes home.

KConnor56
07-09-2002, 03:27 PM
B-Ray,

Yea your right, most if not all Calif. prisons have areas set aside for conjugal visits (every prison I was at had them). They were hard to get & the first thing they took away when they had a chance. They must be married, & the woman has to go through a background check. She has to bring in everything they are going to use, eat & drink for the duration. I belive they were for 2-3 days. The guy also had to have enough E time built up if he was going to miss work. There was also some technical things that they had to deal with, the usual petty things. I belive they were a great thing to help men be with their families, with many positive aspects & only a couple of negative aspects as far as I was concerned. I heard that CDC was trying to do away with them, but haven't heard if they actually have discontinued them. Have you heard anything?------Ken

Steve&kids
07-09-2002, 04:24 PM
I wish!!!!!Steve

danielle
07-09-2002, 04:30 PM
In Mississippi they do - they call it the TONK HOUSE. However since my man is in Alabama - that does me no good. I wish they did!

Inmates are given one hour for a conjugal visit and provided with the following items: soap, condoms, tissue, sheets, pillowcase, face towel and a bath towel. The inmate and spouse are searched before and after each visit for security reasons.

KConnor56
07-12-2002, 01:01 AM
We called it the bone yard, LOL. The best set up I saw was at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison, by Blythe near the Arizona border. It had little cabins. Two bed rooms, one for the kids, & one for the adults, a living room, a kitchen, & a bathroom. They had a fenced in front yard with a Bar-B-Que. We could smell it when they would be bar-b-queing steaks, or ribs or what ever they were cooking, & god did it smell good. I knew a few guys who got them, & they lived for those few days every three months. It was outside the prison fence kind of like a yard of it's own. It was pretty isolated. The only complaint I heard was that it was by the guards gun range, so they could hear them shooting during the day. There were 6 cabins, & we had 4,000 prisoner, & they were barely used. The prison next door had 5,000 prisoners but I don't know if they used the same cabins or had their own. But it just shows the visits were rare. I doubt there were more than 50 people out of both prisons who got them.-----Ken

danielle
07-12-2002, 04:17 AM
In Mississippi the buildings look like metal storage sheds and the only thing in them is a bed, shower, sink, and toilet. It's all in one room and looks like a very cheap motel room.

aprilcat
07-12-2002, 05:33 AM
sherri ~ sorry, just saw your note. WCI = Warren Correctional Institution in Manson (near Kerr Lake). It's a medium security institution.

danielle ~ it sounds like they try to make these "CV" places as crappy as possible! trailers and metal sheds! what's up with that?

sherri13
07-12-2002, 08:14 AM
I WOULD NOT CARE IF IT WAS A LUXURY SUITE OR A SHED BARELY STANDING- IF WE COULD JUST HAVE THEM!!!!

CREAMYALMONDZ
07-12-2002, 09:25 AM
What are trailer visits? Is it the same as conjugal? If so NOPE.

Sexesweet
07-12-2002, 10:25 AM
so iam not the onely one that wishes i can.

michelle
07-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Trailer visits: Ron and I were talking about that the last time before his C-Grade kicked in. Maybe we could take up some kind of name thing to get those visits? It's worth a shot.

danielle
07-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Alabama's theory on the subject is that they don't want to be responsible for creating children that a parent will be absent from their lives. Stupid, huh?

Shortie
07-14-2002, 09:03 AM
no such visits in texas for sure... :(

KConnor56
07-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Leonda, yes trailer visits are conjugal visits or else I completely missed this thread, LOL. It wouldn't be the first time. I think anyone who could get one would do it. Although what Monica describes sounds pretty bad. But after a few months guys will pretty much get what they can, when they can, where they can, LOL.-------Ken

~cheenna~
07-14-2002, 05:57 PM
I be paranoid as all get out of hidden cameras! LOL

danielle
07-14-2002, 06:52 PM
It came straight from the Mississippi DOC website...still, it would be better than nothing at all!

mari
07-14-2002, 06:58 PM
i sure hope that they do have a place set aside in all prisons in california for conjugal visits...im sure we all get lonely from time to time and feel in the mood for intimacy with your man/girl i wouldnt care if they had hidden cameras or not id still get freaky with my man...im sure he wouldnt mind either...:D

KConnor56
07-15-2002, 06:29 AM
Mari,

When I was in all regular Calif. state prisons have facilities for conjugal visits. They are called family visits. The Title 15 states:

"Wardens will incorporate a plan for family visiting in the institution's overall plan for visiting. The family visiting plan will extend such visits to as many inmates as is possible commensurate with institution security. Each institution will provide all necessary accommodations, except for food, at no cost to the inmates or their visitors, to permit extended and overnight visitation between eligible inmates and members of the inmates immediate family members. Visitors must provide food for themselves and the inmate being visited. In keeping with the institution's approved plan of operations for family visiting, visitors may be required to bring all food for the visit, or, where family visiting units are located inside an institution's security areas, to purchase all food for the visit through the institution."

They then have all kind of restrictions on who is eligible, prisoners, & family members. It also takes awhile for the whole approval process, & I think I remember from somewhere that you have to have at least 5 years or something like that to even get the ball rolling.----Ken

sherri13
07-15-2002, 07:34 AM
I THINK CONJUGAL VISITS SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN EVERY STATE-HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY FOR CONJUGAL VISITS WOULD INCREASE INMATE COMPLIANCE WITH INSTITUTIONAL PROTOCOL. POST RELEASE SUCCESS AND REDUCED RECIDIVISM RATES ARE LIKELY BECAUSE OF IMPROVED FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS, INCREASEED SELF-ESTEEM OF INMATES AND LESS POTENTIAL TO BECOME INDOCTRINATED INTO THE INMATE SUBCULTURE. CONJUGAL AND FAMILY VISISTATION ARE EFFECTIVE REHABILITATIVE CONCEPTS.

PLUS I WANT TO BE WITH RON IN A TRAILER :)

sherri13
07-15-2002, 07:36 AM
OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER :)

KConnor56
07-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Sherri,

Your right, all the guys I knew who got family visits, were all model prisoners. The first thing they took away was family visits, & it was the hardest thing to get back, so these guys didn't even think bad thoughts, LOL.-------Ken

Tigger
07-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Oh if I could be so lucky, and I am sure everyone here wishes that exact same thing. All I have to live on right now is the last night Kris and spent together, and take it from me OH WHAT A NIGHT, wasn't there a song with that in it. I feel they should allow it in California, maybe then you have as many fights or prison riots cuz they wouldn't want to lose that privelge.

danielle
07-15-2002, 05:36 PM
No conjugal visits in Alabama - but we're working towards an eight hour pass! Even better! Pretty soon we'll be up to 72 hours - three days, alone in the free world with my Baby!

vnvdvc
07-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Well put, Sherri!!

michelle
07-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Sherri-
My Ron has said the same thing. If they gave trailer visits, there would be less violence in the Correctional Centers. Also, I wouldn't care if there were hidden cameras, either. Just as long as I got to be alone with my man. Michelle

Susanne
07-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Yeah for the "tonk"! I makes the looooong drive (1100 miles) there worth it!

love muffin
07-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Sherri, I have to agree with you on that comment. Of course I can't even see Butch, so conjugal visits are never going to happen, but if it were possible I wouldn't care what kind of building it was in.

I guess you know that in North Carolina when a prisoner is released on parole he can not cohabitate with a member of the opposite sex unless it is his wife. Huh? I really wonder about North Carolina sometimes. I guess it would be okay for two gay men to live together?

sherri13
07-22-2002, 12:44 PM
RENEE-ACTUALLY I DID NOT KNOW THAT- HOW RIDCULOUS-LEAVE IT TO NC ...

cobwebqueen
07-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Sherri, I liked that, all the jargon ...then.....nah! I just want to shag my man!

Shan & Kev
08-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Hey you all :)
Just so you know, the conjugal visits up here in Canada (called PFV's, for Private Family Visits), take place every 6-8 weeks if we are lucky. I have now had two with my man and they are wonderful, soul-filling experiences. We go into a little cabin-like place, bbq in the front yard. Inside there is two bedrooms, bathroom , kitchen and living room combined.
They are spotlessly clean cus we clean them before we leave and if they aren't spotless you lose your priviledges for next time.The inmate purchases al the food from the kitchen and mine works in the kitchen right now so we got lots of lil extra treats.We spend 72 hours in there alone, watching tv, listening to music, cooking, or.....hehe...you KNOW what we do in there :) I love them and know for a fact that they keep Kev sane and focussed on what he has to do inside to keep us eligible for them.
The closeness and intimacy is the best part tho.

Shannon

danielle
08-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Shannon
I am sooo jealous!

KelliKoz
08-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Sexes,

Of course you are not the only one. As Sherri said, we meet a lot in our dreams...

Kelli

Mrs. H
08-05-2002, 09:12 PM
I am new to this site and must say it is refreshing to be able to know that there are others out there doing time with there loved ones. We are putting a request in for family visits. I realize after reading the threads that I am blessed to be able to have 3 days with my husband. The family visiting buildings I have heard about are 2 bedroom apt.s and 2 bedroom trailors and the cabins at Chuckawalla. You pay for the food and order it with a money order and they provide what is on your list. I heard up in Susanville you could even bring in Blockbuster tapes to view (who would have time for that?!) tee hee ... Where we are, that is not allowed but you can bring in paperback books ... again, who is gonna be reading? There are 2 trailors where my husband is and are used very frequently. I believe they say every 2 months you get 3 days. God in Heaven I pray this is true and am having faith that it will be a reality soon for us!

danielle
08-06-2002, 04:37 AM
Good luck witht he visits Mrs. H.!

jnv512
08-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Sexes, How come you don't have trailers? Pretty much every NY State facility has them? Where is your husband at?

sweetseyes
08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
gowanda ny prison

jnv512
08-06-2002, 10:20 AM
they don't have trailers?

KConnor56
08-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Mrs. H, I did time at Chuckawalla, & Ironwood. I know them well, LOL. Too well.-------Ken

sherri13
08-06-2002, 05:29 PM
mrs h- i hope it happens for you guys soon-!!!

Tereasa88
08-10-2002, 01:24 PM
I am new to this forum but oh how I can relate to all of your stories. My man has been in for 7 years and we got a little less then 5 left and boy what I wouldn't give for a conjucal visit just once! But VA is about one of the crapiest places to do time at I think and you could never get one of those there. IT is hard enough to get them to approve an extended visit since we only get to see him about 2 times a year and its almost 900 mile drive each way.

Tereasa

KRIS_NC
08-26-2002, 06:48 PM
I AGREE SHERRI JUST LET US HAVE THEM!!!!!!! WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE IN.JUST GIVE US THE VISIT

Mrs. H
09-05-2002, 01:24 PM
in a shed, under a bed, in a tree on his knee, with or without green eggs and ham ... I WANT ME SOME SHED/TRAILOR IT DON'T MATTER VISITS ASAP!

TAMARA

gina
09-05-2002, 01:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHA:haha:

jnv512
09-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Love Muffin,

I'm guess I'm too new to know this but why can't you visit Butch?

Val

jnv512
09-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Love Muffin,

I'm guess I'm too new to know this but why can't you visit Butch?

Val

KRIS_NC
09-05-2002, 03:20 PM
IN A TRAILER,HIDDEN CAMERAS I DONT CARE, I JUST WANNA BE WITH MY JESSE.I KNOW ALL OF US WISH NC HAD THEM1I KNOW FOR ONE I DO!!!!!!

yanigirl
09-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know if NY has these types of visits. I thought you have to be married to have a family visit.

jnv512
09-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Yani,

You have to be married or a member of the immediate family such as mother, father, brother, sister, etc.
Hope this helps!

Val

gina
09-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Val-Eddie and I aren't married but have a baby together...what about that?

gina
09-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Yani...I'm almost POSITIVE you can't get them in Shock-that sucks,, but I'm pretty sure.

yanigirl
09-20-2002, 11:06 AM
It's quite ok Gina I'm sure that people in shock can last 6 months without sex. From what I heard though you do have to be married. Us baby momma's get no loving!

jnv512
09-20-2002, 11:13 AM
Gina,

Sorry didn't see this till now. Nope sweetie, only married couples can get them. Are you thinking of getting married while he's in there?

Val

gina
09-20-2002, 11:30 AM
thanks girls....no too much debt I'd inherit. We have to wait unfortunately:) I guess comparitively I shouldn't complain....we don't have that long.(just too long for me!)hahaha
True Yani-we get no love:)
Eddie was very excited talking about the prospect ofthe visits, and just recently he completely stopped talking about them. I knew that this was probably the reason:) He was disappointed and didn't want to disappoint me-he'll tell me in his own time. I didn't want to ask him.

Oh Val for soem reason on NYIF 1/2 the time when I post it doesn't show up....it's so annoying!hahaha
Do you have any idea why?thx

jnv512
09-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Are you posting through emails? Don't do it that way, go right to the site and click on reply. That's the only reason I can think of.

gina
09-20-2002, 12:58 PM
no-I'm doing it at the site?! wierd right? msn just hates me or something!haha

jnv512
09-20-2002, 01:08 PM
That is weird, just keep trying. Are you clicking on submit?

gina
09-20-2002, 01:40 PM
yup...
I so don't get it. Everytime I write a nice little post it happens!hahaha
When it's like a one or two word answer....no proble. I write more than a sentence-It doesn't post. Murphy's Law I guess:)

slcmr
09-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Not in IL. Where do you get the countdown date thing?

willsgrl25
10-01-2002, 08:18 PM
I get trailer visits once every three months. I get to spend two days and nights with my husband. However it is only for married couples and imediate family like moms, sisters, brothers ect. I think all states should allow visits like ours to some degree but at last they do not. hopefully things will change.

LaTonya
10-02-2002, 02:22 PM
Here in Illinois we dont get them even though i think we should.

troysgl
10-03-2002, 06:51 PM
i would give a million dollars if we could but he is in my wildest fantasys

JacksGirl
10-19-2002, 01:06 AM
I do not thinkI know anyone who has a family member in prison that would not want a family visit.

But I do know there is a petition floating around to reinstate lifers family visits in california. I just hope they hurry the hell up!

Sherri I do agree with you on everyone having family visits.

Sharon

KRIS_NC
10-19-2002, 03:23 PM
I WISH THAT WE COULD GET FAMILY VISITS.BUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WE MEET IN OUR SEXIEST DREAMS!

mikespnut
02-11-2003, 11:06 PM
I would give my left --- for just one hour....man that would be heaven....

ToughTimes
02-15-2003, 12:00 AM
I am going to sound like a ... I don't even know. When my man was in a minimum security, I kinda "stole" him for a few hours, went to a hotel, and had my way with him for 4 hours. I can't believe that I actually committed a crime with him, but oh MY GOD --- the thrill and excitement was B-E-Y-O-N-D my wildest fantasies!!!!! I had him back before anything ever happened there. He had the whole thing worked out, and his cellie did the same thing on a different day so they covered for each other. It was so great --- but I felt like such a BAD GIRL! ( I kinda liked that feeling, though!) but I was sooooooooo scared!!!!

vero
02-18-2003, 08:44 PM
dude me and my husband finally managed to get a family visit which was great..it was for 3 days so now were trying to get another...

Teardrop
02-18-2003, 09:45 PM
I am so jealous of you all that get these visits!!! I cant even see my husband yet, not for a few months until he completes some classes. Does anyone know if Colorado allows these visits? I'm not sure but I would give anything for just one night with my love. Camaras and all!!!!!

Teardrop :cuffs:

ladybackinblack
02-23-2003, 09:46 PM
:) Man, just thinking about having that kind of visit with my man, makes me smile. Of course, we haven't had even one regular visit yet. Hopefully that will happen, not too far into the future.

Mrs. H
02-25-2003, 02:23 PM
I will be getting them in a couple of months and I have waited a long time for them! I will report the glow either in this thread or on this forum.

T

IRIST
02-25-2003, 05:50 PM
JACK'S GIRL, I DID NOT KNOW THAT LIFERS IN CALIF. DID NOT GET VISITS, NOT ANY KIND OF VISITS? I AM LIKE YOU, HURRY THE HELL UP AND LET THEM SEE THEIR FAMILY. I LIVE IN TEXAS, I DONT KNOW ABOUT LIFERS IN TEXAS, ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW IF THIS IS ALSO TRUE FOR TEXAS? LET ME KNOW, PLEASE

mattjohnsmom
03-19-2003, 10:07 PM
well I know that Attica, in New York State has them. They also have a family reunion program, where your mom and child can stay a weekenc. Or just your mom. Your brother or sister and their spouses and kids too. My son Jason told me it is nice in the trailers there. They have two or three bedrooms available. You can get fairly regular visits, and those that live close do. You bring in whatever food you want and can cook outside on the bbq when it is nice. Though when Jason visited Matt, Matt grilled steaks out in February!!
The inmated has to answer the phome when it rings and go to the door if they are not outside. This is a federal, maximun security prison. My grand daughter and I are looking forward to our first family visit.

ladyduke
03-22-2003, 11:18 AM
I HEARD IN SOME STATES ONE HOUR CONJUGAL VISIT IS ALLOWED AFTER THE WEDDING. I WOULD DIE TO HAVE THAT. NO LIFERS DON'T GET VISIT LIKE THAT BUT SOMETIMES YOU CAN SLIP THROUGH THE SYSTEM. A SLIP IS WHAT I'M WAITING ON.

mikespnut
03-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Irist,

Currently lifers in California cannot get family visits. There is currently legislation that may change that.

Becca

vero
04-02-2003, 02:25 AM
well im so happy cause me and my husband have had 2 visits going on 3 i miss him a lot more cause of all the time we spend together oh and the sex too...its great...i like it cause we have a stronger bond plus my son is finally realising who his dad is (2yrs old) and he loves going around him..if i could be there every day i would but im satisfied that we get a chance to be together like that...