View Full Version : shaved head? Is it compulsory in Texas Prison? Sayle

hellothere
03-20-2007, 10:53 PM
does anyone know if they have to shave their heads? thanks in advance!

mia_101
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
No.

Phil'sDelilah
03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Idon't know if it is a MUST, but I do know when my guy went they put the clippers to it and didn't care. Most of the time they just make it SHORT, EXTREMELY SHORT and no facial hair.

jodiiiiiii
03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Its my understanding if their hair gets to long they will get wrote up for it..and absolutely no facial hair. Sometimes on a visit my husband will say Im surpirsed they let me out with this...this being his 5:00 shadow

ExTexmate
03-21-2007, 03:46 AM
When you first arrive, EVERYONE is shaved bald. (men) After that, you may grow it, but, it is not aloud to b elong or shaggy, and you must be clean shaven in order to leave the dorm (chow, visit, school, work,commisarry, etc)

key jo
03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
What extex said. Everyone is shaved when they go in and as my hubby found, it's cheaper to keep his head shaved than to have hair.

RobinsMan
03-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I am sure glad that there is not complete equality of the sexes. I know that my lady appreciates it as well. My cousin looked like a cue ball with a smiley face painted on it. Robin, on the other hand, would have had freckles all on the front and nowhere else.

pojs
03-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Oh God, When i saw pic of my baby he look like a pale version of buddah. LOL dont tell him I said that. He had beautiful hair, that i played with. Nows its gone. :(

Phil'sDelilah
03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
When I saw my guy for the first time after they shaved him, he looked like a serial killer! He couldn't be further from that too!. Imagine Sam Elliott bald and with no mustache! that is what he looked like!

jenniandterry
09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Are you kidding me??? Sorry to laugh, but the image of my Terry with a shaved head??? OMG! Ok, new image to deal with, he had shoulder length hair, maybe a little longer, and full beard and mustache...ok, trying to get this pic in my mind.....and CAN"T! Anywhere on Texas jails to see a pic of when he was processed? Like the mug shot they had when he was in Brazos county? Don't know if I want to see this! Hmmmm.....

Tracy
09-20-2007, 05:43 AM
My son's head was shaved. His inmate ID was taken after he had been up over 24 hours for intake and then shaved. I would not have recognized him if I would have had to pick him from that picture. No way. It was sad.

BrandNewGirl
09-20-2007, 07:01 AM
It's freaky to see, that's for sure, when you're used to hair on them. Brandon always kept his hair so neat and had a goatee, and after 2+ years of visiting, I still don't know if I ever got used to the no facial hair look on him...his hair he grew back, but not the exact way it used to be.

Nance

ExTexmate
09-20-2007, 08:48 AM
When I saw my guy for the first time after they shaved him, he looked like a serial killer! He couldn't be further from that too!. Imagine Sam Elliott bald and with no mustache! that is what he looked like!

LOL, that's what all called the newer guys when they first arrived!

jenniandterry
09-21-2007, 03:56 AM
My ex, from years ago, sent my son a pic, after he cut off his hair short, shaved clean after the only way I had seen him for the 22 years we were married was with a full beard and mustache, totally clean shaven. I had to get in photo shop, scan the pic, and add the hair back on, to be sure it was him! Just can not picture Terry this way! I have seen him without his beard, but no facial, no head hair.....can't get it in my mind at all...Hello photo shop! Sorry, don't mean to be mean....maybe that is why it takes 30 days to get visitation.....lol...to allow the hair on their head to grow out some!

jrw_dallas
09-23-2007, 08:57 PM
just like the others said, all men get slipped to the skin when they inprocess--usually within hours of walking inside the door--then from there, you must keep a good short hair cut--fades are not allowed as per TDCJ handbook, but you can get one from the barber for a few soups or some envelopes etc.

Oh yeah and clean shaven everyday--and they only issue you one shitty disposable razor a week (at least at Sanchez it only once a week.)