View Full Version : Prison near the TJ border?

Valentina
03-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I drove down there the other day and was shocked to see a big sign saying state prison. I have never seen it there before. What prison is this? It's on the right side going south just north of the mexian border?

thanks,
v

MattsmominNY
03-18-2007, 08:30 AM
From what I can tell at the CDC website, it's Donovan Correctional Facility. RJD are the inititials they use.

Does anyone know why they use all these inititials for these places? It makes it even harder to figure out this system, it took my awhile after I knew my son was going to Tracy for reception to look for the DVI information. Who knew they called Tracy by Deuel or DVI? The judge and the lawyer and the district attorney all called it Tracy.

cadustin
03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Mattsmom... They do get confusing, especially if you are not from the area. Ok... Donovan's real name is Richard J Donovan, therefore RJD.

DVI I believe's real name is or was Deuel Vocational Institution, and it is in Tracy, so a lot of people refer to it as Tracy or DVI.

Most of the prisons here are refered to by their city or actual name, or initials of their name.

Hope this helped.

Valentina
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
thanks for the info. it is almost right on the border.

JustNoBody
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
It is :) You take the second to the last exit that is in California off the 905