View Full Version : WooHooo! 10 lbs lighter!!!

Amelia
09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I have been on a diet for 8 days now and to tell you the truth I am really enjoying it..I am very motivated cause I have guestimated that Stephen may be home by MArch of next year. so I had 100 pounds I wanted to lose. Well I was feeling down and crappy yesterday so I din't weigh myself but when I went to weigh myself this morning I had lost another5 for a total of 10!!! I am so so so so so so happy and proud of myself I just had to share it with you all. I know 10 is a small part of 100 but it is such a step for me!! Just 90 left to go!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Phil in Paris
09-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Yay way to go Amelia !!!! Only 9 more days to reach your goal !!! :D

Talk to you later sweety, it's time for my chocolate cake with whipped cream !!! :D

Luv ya

Phil the bad :p

samiam158
09-11-2003, 02:04 PM
woooohoooo good job.....think i will join phil though for that cake...sorry....what kinda weight loss program are you on??

SCLady
09-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Amelia! You are my inspiration, lol :) Now I just need to get myself in gear to lose a few lbs.

MizzCandy
09-11-2003, 02:26 PM
I am on one too although I don't like to weigh myself I do see inches shedding away!

asia619
09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh you are so cruel Phil!!! :D

First question that poped into mind Amelia is how the hell are you doing it? Second question is can I join in????

Congratulations girlie!!! :dance:

roc city girl
09-11-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm with Janet, can u let us in on your secret?? i need to lose some weight my damn self!!

Purplemuffen
09-11-2003, 07:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS..................NOW YOU GOTTA TELL US YOUR SECRET...........:)

Amelia
09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
not nice phil!!!! I lost another 7 pounds!!!! I am doing the Atkins diet i weighed out all the postive and negatives and it is just the fastest way to get to where I need to go...I will worry about keeping it off as I get closer..and amazingly it really isnt that hard!!!

deb
09-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Congrats! lol Phil--your're bad!

Deb

~cheenna~
09-23-2003, 09:20 PM
GREAT JOB, Amelia ... 17 lb.s in 20 days is fabulous! Coming from one who has to watch how many ice cubes I suck on, you are doing just super! Keep up the good work ~

BryansGRRL
09-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Keep up the good work :) Also make sure you have good habits at the end so you don't gain it back just maintain! Careful w/losing it "to fast" as you may feel rather crappy physically though you probably already know that. My best friend used to be very large and lost over 150 LBS took her over a year now she is about as big as me,still has some more to go but I am SOOO proud of her! No if I could LOSE my extra LBS,damn they keep finding me!LOL

MRSLMW
09-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Way to go Amelia :)

I love the Atkins plan. I always have more energy when I don't eat carbohydrates. They bog me down and make me sleepy.

This diet works because your body doesn't have all those carbs to burn as fuel, therefore you force it to burn the fat and protein as fuel instead. Much better as every carb I eat goes right to my belly.

I lost over 80lbs on it in IN and I kept it off until I moved to this god-forsaken place and let it get to me.

I am now back on track, and although I don't weigh myself everyday, I know on August 21 I had lost 17 lbs. Had to get out the smaller size underwear (not that I don't have 3 different sizes, lol) and that always keeps me inspired.

Keeping it off is really not that hard so long as you don't do what I did, get down and go right back to the grocery store and stock up on Peppridge Farms German Chocolate Layer cakes! Man, I was eating them for dinner three times a week :) This place can get a person down, it is sooooooo different from anywhere else.

You can make your goal, and possibly even more, just watch. Be sure to take a good multi-vitamin as you won't be getting some of the nutrients that come from fruit, milk, and yellow vegtables.

Also remember, the more you need to lose, the quicker you will lose it. When you start getting down in lbs, your rate of weight loss may slow. If that happens, just cut your grams back some more.

Good going!!!! :)

Oh, did you know this was the diet the Air Force put men on if they needed to lose some lbs. I have an old copy of the Air Force diet, it's worn and tattered, but still useful.

a.lil.love
09-24-2003, 11:13 PM
Good for you. I am also trying to lose weight. Ideally I would like to lose 20 lbs but 15 lbs is great.

Joanna
09-25-2003, 02:30 AM
Congratulations Ameilia!